HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saturday's Game...

Old
10-14-2009, 01:27 AM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Yeah, I dont think he is quite healthy yet. Its all about aggressiveness. If the Rangers come out and are the more aggressive team they will be fine. if they dont, they will get hurt. Its totally up to them.
exactly. Tortorella says it all the time. He is not worried about who ever he is facing. He just wants his team to "stay the course" and play his style of hockey. I'm beginning to appreciate his coaching style more when I realize (and he said it himself) Tortorella's ultimate approach. And that's continuallly playing "Torts"/Sullivan hockey, and playing it hard. He's not so much worried about match ups as opposed to the flow of his team. He doesn't want to mess with that. If the 4 lines are all rolling nicely, why mess with a good thing? He always talks about over coaching and he doesn't want to get caught up in that. I never quite understood what he meant until now. It's very important that the Rangers establish that puck possesion game. Look at all the strong 3rd periods we've had this year. I know it has much to do with Tortorella's "boot camp," but take the Ducks game for instance. The whole first period, the Rangers wouldn't give them any space and there was constant pressure in the neutral zone, as well as well as in the Ducks end.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:06 AM
darko

And we play San Jose on Oct 19. Kinda scared of what Jody Shelley could do. We need to play it safe and scratch Gabby for that game as well. Better be safe than sorry.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Black Tank

Lundquist is going to get run by a team like the Leafs. End of story.

The first time it happens, capitalize on the ensuing pp. Hold the lead and next time it happens, mix it up right away AND then retaliate by running whoever is unfortunate enough to be in net for the Leafs next. Keep scoring to energize the boobirds and move on.

We're going to face a lot of tough opponents all season long and better get used to protecting Lundquist AND playing our offensive game.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:49 AM
jniklast

Pretend that all of our goalies are injured (maybe they all get the flu) and sign Jonathan Roy to an emergency one day contract. That should solve any problems, either by him beating up some Leafs, or just singing them off the ice...

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:56 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Cmon guys ,i know torts is mr.i dont hide jack squat when i talk to reporters but everyone should know torts is not going to have that kind of crap happen again i'm sure he's informed our boys,anyone goes after our netminder and its lights out for them!

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM
eco's bones

I could see playing Valiquette for several reasons:

1) he's good.
2) it's his hometown and he's played well there before.
3) the condensed schedule and the fact that Henrik is going to get extra games at the Olympics should mean that Valiquette gets a few more games than the usual.
4) I don't really think Blake's and Mayer's runs were accidents at all. Valiquette has a much bigger body.
5) I'd rather not lose our starting goalie to a team we should beat just as easily as the other night with our backup.

As for Gaborik--of course he has to play. Maybe dress Voros for Lisin. Better yet call up Soryal for a game. He'll appreciate it. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to take on Orr, Rosehill or Mayers.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Leafs are getting hit with bricks by the media and fans. Toskala is out for the next 10-14 days with a knee injury. The Monster is still out with a groin injury. They have zero confidence right now. Wilson scratched Stajan and Hagman last night but both players are expected to return for Saturday's game. After the Ranger game,Toronto doesn't play again until next Saturday in Vancouver.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
That would be a great way to emasculate your star player. I'm sure he would appreciate being told he's not tough enough to play hockey.
seriously???

The Op intention are totally fine in my opinion.

AND this is not about being tough enough or not, dude!

this is about knee on knee **** !
this is about high sticks and dirty tricks !
It is about a lousy ass team that hasent won a game yet and still wont, their goalies munch ****, their coach is a high-end ****** and the team except kadri and kessel, which dont play, is a bunch of talentless fake Hoboes (yeah schenn and some other are not ,sry)

they will play dirty ... see Orr and the runs at the King.

**** them but yeah i can smell a tragedy. And Bruke downplaying it on the news afterwards.

Peace out

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:13 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

i can see where he's coming from here although sitting gabby outright is a bit much. Beat this guy up all you want but sitting lundy against the leafs isnt such a bad idea. considering he's supposedly due to get a significant amount of time off anyway why not against a team the wolfpack could beat 9 out of 10? Throw into the mix the leafs hankerin for running goalies why risk a longterm injury to our franchise player in a game in october against a team they should beat easily...sitting gabby is a bit much though, if it becomes another blowout shorten the bench and let him sit.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Rangerfans

I have no problem playing Vally in this game. I would love to see his reaction if they tried to run him.

Sitting Gaborik is lunacy imo.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Melrose_Jr.

When I was watching the TOR highli...., er, lowlights, this morning, my first thought was Saturday's game. A team beyond desperation, at home and on HNIC, is going to whatever they think they have to do to change their fortunes.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Gaborik plays.

Voros in for Lisin.

You can debate Vally vs Henrik all you want, we could go either way. But someone made a good point that besides the fact you may be protecting Hank, Vally is MUCH bigger. Jason Blake isn't going to do much when he runs a guy a foot taller than he is.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
You can debate Vally vs Henrik all you want, we could go either way. But someone made a good point that besides the fact you may be protecting Hank, Vally is MUCH bigger. Jason Blake isn't going to do much when he runs a guy a foot taller than he is.
How does Vally respond to being run compared to Henrik though? Will it shake his focus and allow the Leafs to get one or two past him early?

One thing you don't want is Leafs to get a lead and re-instill confidence in themselves.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Hopefully with a stick to the guys knees.

I don't think we've had to deal with a lot of players up on our goalies, so its kind of new. Surprising that we havn't seen it more often since we have a few guys who love to drape themselves all over the opposing goalie.

Does Toronto really want to open hunting season on goalies with Avery on the team? He MAY not do something stupid, but theres a good chance he would.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:14 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I think the Vally idea is a good one. Lundqvist NEEDS to play less because of the Olympics and Vally always plays well up there. Give Hank 4 days off and get ready for the Sharks. Gaborik is a bit extreme though...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
When I was watching the TOR highli...., er, lowlights, this morning, my first thought was Saturday's game. A team beyond desperation, at home and on HNIC, is going to whatever they think they have to do to change their fortunes.

they sure will...i watched them play the penguins and in true blowout + loser fashion they put the goon squad onthe ice after every single goal scored against. Dont get me wrong there is still a place and time for that type of shenanigans but after every goal??? of which there are MANY, its just rediculous. Sit lundy, there nothing to prove or gain really, but there is sure alot to lose when they go bowling for goalies.

Old
10-14-2009, 11:17 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
seriously???

The Op intention are totally fine in my opinion.

AND this is not about being tough enough or not, dude!

this is about knee on knee **** !
this is about high sticks and dirty tricks !
It is about a lousy ass team that hasent won a game yet and still wont, their goalies munch ****, their coach is a high-end ****** and the team except kadri and kessel, which dont play, is a bunch of talentless fake Hoboes (yeah schenn and some other are not ,sry)

they will play dirty ... see Orr and the runs at the King.

**** them but yeah i can smell a tragedy. And Bruke downplaying it on the news afterwards.

Peace out
You're joking right? What do you think this is, Slapshot? It's the NHL, not a side show. When was the last time you saw a team go out there with the objective of simply injuring players? Aside from that if by some chance things get absolutely out of control, you sit your star players, just like every other time things become malicious. I'm not sure if you noticed last game but our top guys didn't get much ice time once it became a blow out. Did you happen to see our PP units later in the game?

I don't think any hockey player would take kindly to being told that they should sit out a game because we're playing a "tough" team. These are hockey players, not ballerinas. This isn't there first and it won't be their last rodeo. What kind of message does it send if we sit our players? As for Colton Orr, didn't you see enough of him the past four years to realize that he isn't some goon out there to injure other players? Or have you conveniently forgot that he's never instigated trouble with anyone other than another team's goon.

"Peace out, dood."

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 04:04 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

okay so lundy is slated to start tomorrow. Vally against SJ on monday and back to lundy against the debs on thursday. Anyone else think this is kinda retarded?
first of all wouldnt it make more sense to play vally tomorrow let hank play monday, at home, against a much better team knowing they have 3 days off between games which is more than enough recovery time. There is a fine line between recovery time and too much time off i think 5 days is waaayyy toolong, especially for a guy like hank. This doesnt really make sense on any level...

brashear is back, which means voros goes back to riding the bike....thank god.

Old
10-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Sit Gaborik, Play Valley in net
and not as a slight to the leafs
seriously, who knows what a frustrated leaf team is capable of, whether its intentional or not

and id rather lose the game and keep our star players then win and lose 2 major keys to success

anyone with me here or am I crazy?

Holy Overreaction Batman

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
Actually putting Voros in isnt a bad idea. Sit someone, and play him. If hes gonna get a few games anyway, might as well use him here.
In this case I see why they are likely sitting Lisin and putting Voros in. TO is a bunch of goons. Orr, Rosehil, Mayers,etc,etc

so for one game I am in favor of Voros in but vs SJ they should put back Lisin

Brashear vs Shelley in that one

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Vitto79

I also agree that Vally in net is a good idea ........any word on that yet?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 04:59 PM
RANGERFAN12508

Here's a thought

Lundy - Sweden - Olympics
Ron -US Coach - Olympics
I dont know but thats what comes to my mind.

RANGERFAN12508 is offline   Reply With Quote