HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hejda out 4 to 6 weeks with sprained knee

Old
10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
The problem is Stralman (obviously) plays on the right side, and Klesla is our one left shooting defenseman comfortable/capable of playing well on the right side, so they pretty much need to stay split up. Those are some of the biggest factors as to why I like Slash's lines.
I think Tyutin and Klesla stay together as a shutdown pair.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
I think Tyutin and Klesla stay together as a shutdown pair.
They haven't been together the last couple games, if I recall correctly.

Hitch has wanted to spread out the minutes since the start of the season. I don't see him abandoning that because of injuries. If he can manage to put a Tyutin-Stralman and Methot-Klesla top four and split the minutes more evenly it will help to not overuse our two top remaining d-men.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
They haven't been together the last couple games, if I recall correctly.

Hitch has wanted to spread out the minutes since the start of the season. I don't see him abandoning that because of injuries. If he can manage to put a Tyutin-Stralman and Methot-Klesla top four and split the minutes more evenly it will help to not overuse our two top remaining d-men.
You're right, I think Klesla and Tyutin should be the first pairing to be able to go against top lines.

Old
10-14-2009, 09:30 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Quote:
The problem is Stralman (obviously) plays on the right side, and Klesla is our one left shooting defenseman comfortable/capable of playing well on the right side, so they pretty much need to stay split up. Those are some of the biggest factors as to why I like Slash's lines.
Ah. Ic. i was confused and thought that was Fedor, or something.

So
Tyutin-Klesla
Methot-Stralman
or
Tyutin-Stralman
Methot-Klesla

Tough call...
And Jaxs... Casework was saying that Klesla and Tyutin will probably NOT be together.

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistoIV View Post
Ah. Ic. i was confused and thought that was Fedor, or something.

So
Tyutin-Klesla
Methot-Stralman
or
Tyutin-Stralman
Methot-Klesla

Tough call...
And Jaxs... Casework was saying that Klesla and Tyutin will probably NOT be together.
Yeah, I did'nt make my point very clear, and Casework was right about Tyutin and Klesla not being paired in the last couple of games.

Mephisto, I like Tyutin and Klesla together, now that Hejda is injured, on the 1st pairing. I dont want Stralman facing top lines, yet.

Old
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Fuzzy D

We succeeded through an even bigger injury bug last season.

Here's hoping...

Fuzzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Yeah, I did'nt make my point very clear, and Casework was right about Tyutin and Klesla not being paired in the last couple of games.

Mephisto, I like Tyutin and Klesla together, now that Hejda is injured, on the 1st pairing. I dont want Stralman facing top lines, yet.
I agree on that... But, I feel it could go either way. Rusty and Fedor may get burnt out if our secondpair of Methot/Stralman isn't strong enough... But I do like our six, right now and I feel like we can still win. Roy has been solid and will play well, I believe.

And as others have talked abt in the Stralman thread, this is his chance to cement himself a spot in our organization. If he adds to his D play and keeps up his composure and (borrowing a word here) grace in the offensive zone, I can see this happening.

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Mother ****er.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

I don't think it'll be too bad. If Commodore had to be out appx another week, and Hejda was to be injured, this isn't the worst time it could happen. Commodore might miss the Saturday game, then we have a game on Tueday. Commodore could be back for the Calgary game, maybe not. But this isn't like the December or January schedual where we have a few back-to-backs and sometimes up to four or five games in a week.

Commodore hopefully won't be out too much longer, and the D-pairings will hopefully be able to absorb increased minutes more easily during these next two games. I think Roy was solid defensively, and I honesty think he played better than Methot.

If Voracek could start producing a little more that would help us, ditto Brassard. They've had good games, but they need to finish on some of the chances they've had.

I'm going to miss the Saturday game unfortunately, because I'll be at work. But I'm not going to do any cliff diving just yet. It's a large blow to the team, indeed. But this isn't the worst time it could happen. I'll see if we can get away with a win on Saturday and then hope Commodore comes back for Teusday.

If Klesla goes down with an injury however...

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Porkopolis

We can skate through this one, but another injury in the D would be devastating. We just don't have the depth on the blueline to take too many hits.

Porkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 07:50 AM
BluejacketNut

My concern is Commie has been out the WHOLE season so far, including pre season. With the flu and then the groin injury, he is going to be no where near game shape while the rest of the NHL will be starting to hit their stride. Having both out is going to suck....these games are just as important as games in Feb and March. Tytuin and Stralman were together quite a bit against Calgary, and got a lot of time late in the game, I would think that pairing would stay together and a Methot/Klesla pairing

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Now we'll just have to OUTSCORE our opponents.

(Okay, now I'm worried)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

From the 'Patch:

Quote:
Defenseman Mathieu Roy figures to see more playing time now that Jan Hejda is out with a knee sprain. If he plays eight more games or stays with Columbus through Nov. 2, he'll have to clear waivers before he can be sent to Syracuse.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...D.html?sid=101

This early season is proving to require quite the juggling act from the GM.

Old
10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
He was staying optimistic yesterday.

"I hear some guys can come back in two to four weeks," Hejda said. "So I will be back in two weeks. Hopefully."

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJNut View Post
He was staying optimistic yesterday.

"I hear some guys can come back in two to four weeks," Hejda said. "So I will be back in two weeks. Hopefully."
Just as long as he doesn't rush himself, push it before he's ready, and end up Modin-ing his season.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
WFNY5Hole

There's no way that this isn't a big blow to the Jackets, especially with a(nother!) tough western road trip coming up. But, I'd rather this happen in October than in February or March.

My other hope is that this doesn't cause the forwards to limit their aggressiveness for fear of exposing the defense. I love that Cap has rounded into a solid all around player, but he's most dangerous when he's forcing action on offense. I don't want to see our offense afraid to push things to try to mask our razor-thin depth on the blue line.

It would also help is Mase and Garon continue to play solid.

WFNY5Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Ludicrous Speed

I've actually had this same injury. It really sucks for about two weeks then gets noticeably better after that. Pain is still there for about another week, and then it only hurts to skate for maybe another week. So I hope he can make it back in 4..that would be great.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I've actually had this same injury. It really sucks for about two weeks then gets noticeably better after that. Pain is still there for about another week, and then it only hurts to skate for maybe another week. So I hope he can make it back in 4..that would be great.
I've had it also, and it was from skating. Mine was a partial tear which took 6-8 weeks to heal. We are fortunate Hedja's is just a strain, I bet he is back in less than 4 weeks.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I've had it also, and it was from skating. Mine was a partial tear which took 6-8 weeks to heal. We are fortunate Hedja's is just a strain, I bet he is back in less than 4 weeks.
Also considering he has better doctors looking at him, and probably..most likely...no definitely he's tougher than me . But I'm sure even if he's feeling he can go in 3 weeks they'll hold him out another week just to make sure things aren't rushed.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:37 PM
anteater90

Hejda is toughter than Chuck Norris. He is back in 3 weeks and saving hostages from third world countries while doing it.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
Hejda is toughter than Chuck Norris. He is back in 3 weeks and saving hostages from third world countries while doing it.
When Jan Hejda does pushups, he actually pushes the earth down.

Jan Hejda does not sleep...he waits.

Jan Hejda slams revolving doors.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post

LOL Very clever I don't see what you all see in him but I do know knee injury's are tough to bounce back from. No doubt we need him! I hope he recovers fully.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:46 PM
OnYourIgnoreList

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
My concern is Commie has been out the WHOLE season so far, including pre season. With the flu and then the groin injury, he is going to be no where near game shape while the rest of the NHL will be starting to hit their stride.
This. Even once Commie gets back, he won't be back for a little while after that.

Plus, even though he and Jan are both considered "stay at home defensemen", there are different types. Hejda is never going to be the guy who gets highlight reel checks and makes thunderous, stand-up hits. He's the invisible man. All he does is stop the other team's players.

Commie plays a much more visible game and along with it, he takes more risks. Hejda probably doesn't have significantly better speed or reaction, but he's more often in the right place to use it.

Both players are useful and Commie is a personal favorite but I've never considered one a replacement for the other.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I don't see what you all see in him

Pretty much this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrakers
Here are the NHL plus-minus leaders since the start of the 2007-08 season when Hejda arrived in Columbus:

1. Pavel Datsyuk---Detroit--- 74
2. Nicklas Lidstrom--- Detroit---73
3. Duncan Keith---Chicago--- 64
4. Jan Hejda---Columbus---50
5. John Oduya---New Jersey---45
5. Brian Rafalski---Detroit---45

Source: Elias Sports Bureau

Echoing what IAMthespoon said right up there ^^, guys like this are invaluable to a team. He's never going to be the #1 star or be a fixture in the gossip columns, but Cup-winning teams are built, from the ground up, on the shoulders of guys like this.

Interesting side note: 5 of top 6 guys from our division is kinda cool

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post

When Jan Hejda takes showers, Jan Hejda doesn't get wet. The water gets Jan Hejda.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote