HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Boston Redux

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
  #1
ORRMAN
Registered User
 
ORRMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Toronto - Boston Redux

I know that many Toronto fans believe that the rebuilding process was cut short, and, with the TML's performance so far this year, many are pining to get back their 2010 1st round pick:

Luke Schenn for Toronto's 2010 1st rounder + Tampa's 2010 2nd rounder.

Schenn isn't playing well now and there's chatter about sending him down to the AHL. Let the rebuilding process resume.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
  #2
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة
 
Bravid Nonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: أور
Country: Syria
Posts: 10,396
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
No.

Schenn has great potential. Plus if you see this through Boston's eyes why would they want to acquire a player who is playing poorly?

Also, I don't believe Schenn is honestly playing that bad.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
  #3
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,937
vCash: 500
I agree.

I dislike Burke immensely and would love to see him make this move because it would be an absurdly stupid thing to do. You guys need a quality GM, not this clown.

Schenn has played 6 bad games on a team that is playing absolutely terrible hockey. To dump the one really good prospect you have for a 1st round pick in a very weak draft would be the bonehead move of the decade.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
  #4
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!
 
Kessel>Seguin +'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
If the Leafs were looking to trade Schenn he would have been traded in the Kessel deal

No chance he leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
I know that many Toronto fans believe that the rebuilding process was cut short, and, with the TML's performance so far this year, many are pining to get back their 2010 1st round pick:

Luke Schenn for Toronto's 2010 1st rounder + Tampa's 2010 2nd rounder.

Schenn isn't playing well now and there's chatter about sending him down to the AHL. Let the rebuilding process resume.

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
  #5
ORRMAN
Registered User
 
ORRMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I agree.

I dislike Burke immensely and would love to see him make this move because it would be an absurdly stupid thing to do. You guys need a quality GM, not this clown.

Schenn has played 6 bad games on a team that is playing absolutely terrible hockey. To dump the one really good prospect you have for a 1st round pick in a very weak draft would be the bonehead move of the decade.
2010 is a strong draft; 2011 is weak. If 2010 is a top-5 pick, that player could be better than Kessel.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
  #6
LostMyGlasses*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Simon Fraser
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
2010 is a strong draft; 2011 is weak. If 2010 is a top-5 pick, that player could be better than Kessel.
You could have this boat, or you could have the mystery box!

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
  #7
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,531
vCash: 500
If the Leafs are going straight to the bottom, I'd take Taylor Hall going forward over Luke Schenn. I'm not a fan of Luke Schenn. His footspeed alone is enough to prevent him from being as effective as you'd like.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
  #8
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
You could have this boat, or you could have the mystery box!
If Luke Schenn is a boat, Taylor Hall has the potential to be a rocket ship.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
  #9
ORRMAN
Registered User
 
ORRMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If the Leafs are going straight to the bottom, I'd take Taylor Hall going forward over Luke Schenn. I'm not a fan of Luke Schenn. His footspeed alone is enough to prevent him from being as effective as you'd like.
Trading Schenn would help ensure getting Hall.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:30 PM
  #10
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
Trading Schenn would help ensure getting Hall.
How so there is still the lottery and with the Leafs luck they would not get the 1st pick.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:36 PM
  #11
ORRMAN
Registered User
 
ORRMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
How so there is still the lottery and with the Leafs luck they would not get the 1st pick.
True. In that case they get the second pick. I understand that there are four potential number-1-overall picks, Hall being the current front-runner.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
  #12
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire
 
BoldNewLettuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,494
vCash: 50
The two things I do not agree with are a) Komisarek signing and b) unprotected 1st rounders.

At this rate burkie is going to have to fire wilson to save his own job.....find a coach who will disguise his mistakes.

BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:40 PM
  #13
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
Trading Schenn would help ensure getting Hall.
Grass is always greener.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:40 PM
  #14
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
You could have this boat, or you could have the mystery box!
The boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything. Maybe even a boat!

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
  #15
powerthirst
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
I know that many Toronto fans believe that the rebuilding process was cut short, and, with the TML's performance so far this year, many are pining to get back their 2010 1st round pick:

Luke Schenn for Toronto's 2010 1st rounder + Tampa's 2010 2nd rounder.

Schenn isn't playing well now and there's chatter about sending him down to the AHL. Let the rebuilding process resume.
So essentially the Kessel trade comes down to:

Schenn + 2011 1st + 2nd

for

Kessel + 2nd

Wow, I would love to have seen the thread where this trade was suggested. Leaf fans would have lost their minds.

powerthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
  #16
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,999
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
You could have this boat, or you could have the mystery box!
Haha, well said.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
  #17
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
As an outsider looking in it's obvious that the TML rebuild never even started and was all BS and Blarney from the beginning. Anybody watching Cliff Fletcher run the Leafs' 2008 draft would quickly see beyond the PR spin.

With that being said, your proposal will do precious little to fix what will be seen as a huge (And what should be a job-threatening) mistake.

The Leafs will not trade Schenn as that would be the one thing that would make it impossible to Burke to appear in public.

The picks Burke has thrown away are gone. They are not going home. Time for Burke (Or his replacement) to go looking for pitty trades to make up the difference.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  #18
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything. Maybe even a boat!
Exactly.

This is a dumb idea all around. You're going to trade your best defensive prospect when you have no forwards....so that when you have your best forward prospect, you have no defense.

Sounds like a great plan.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  #19
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler
 
Jeffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
True. In that case they get the second pick. I understand that there are four potential number-1-overall picks, Hall being the current front-runner.
It is of my understanding that the Leafs have 76 games to change their current spot in the standings

__________________
"Never has such an unaccomplished person yapped as much as (Jeffler) does."
Follow me on Twitter
Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:06 PM
  #20
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,672
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Holy cow talk about jumping the gun. Epic fail. This is just suicide.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:22 PM
  #21
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
bruins say no and walk away snickering

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:22 PM
  #22
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 500
No thanks.

Kaberle for Toronto's 1st+dump straight up.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
  #23
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic Button View Post
It is of my understanding that the Leafs have 76 games to change their current spot in the standings
I prefer to think of it as the Leafs have 76 games to cement their current spot in the standings.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 04:36 PM
  #24
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
The two things I do not agree with are a) Komisarek signing and b) unprotected 1st rounders.

At this rate burkie is going to have to fire wilson to save his own job.....find a coach who will disguise his mistakes.
Has a traded pick ever been protected in the NHL? I can't think of one example of that happening. I know it happens in the NBA quite often, but I don't think it's ever happened in an NHL trade. There are tons of examples of picks being conditional based on things like games played, whether a player re-signs, etc. But I don't think a pick has ever been protected against being too high.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
  #25
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
You don't dump a good young player like Schenn because he's struggling in his sophomore year.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.