HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's not be too "Message Boardy"

Old
10-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Let's not be too "Message Boardy"

I've noticed lately that people are getting a little polarizing around these parts and it's making discussions unnecessarily difficult as a result. We're starting to sound like a stupid political message board where a moderate opinion is simply not allowed. I can't speak for everyone else but if I have a very strong opinion, I will state it in a manner that makes that very clear, I don't need anyone making the assumptions.

Fictitious Example:

Me: "Boedker seems tentative out there, I wish he'd shoot more and maybe be a bit more assertive"

Attacker 1: "He's 19, totally over the hill! We should trade him for not dominating yet. "

Attacker 2: "Have you not been watching the games?! Look how many penalties he's drawn. I wish the whole team was as "tentative" as you say Boedker is!!!"

Attacker 3 (who actually attacks 1 and 2): "I don't care if he is 19, he not doing **** out there. Why not move him for someone who will come in and actually make an impact?"

Attacker 1: "Oh my god, you seriously want to trade Boedker already? We'd be a doomed franchise if you and Sinurgy were at the helm!"

Attacker 2: "Jesus I can't believe how retarded some people are on here. Trade Boedker?! "

Attacker 3: "I see, so apparently we're all ok with guys who don't produce. Why don't we just sign Fedoruk again!"

Peacemaker: "Look I think we can all agree that Boedker shouldn't be traded, Sinurgy is probably just frustrated. At the same time you do need to hold the young guys accountable. The main thing though is that the Yotes are still here in Glendale and we're all thankful for that. Go Yotes!!!"

Me: Wtf just happened?

lol...ok that was a humorous example but hopefully people get what I mean.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:00 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

I think this thread is too polarizing; as a poster you are over the hill, tentative in making this thread, not making an impact, doomed this thread from the start and it's your fault, retarded, okay with crappy results, and finally not message boardy enough.

I think I've got all the bases there.

EDIT:
BTW VERY Subtle comparison to the Mueller thread.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I think this thread is too polarizing; as a poster you are over the hill, tentative in making this thread, not making an impact, doomed this thread from the start and it's your fault, retarded, okay with crappy results, and finally not message boardy enough.

EDIT:
lol...I think you got my point perfectly!

Old
10-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Piokinen

probably worst thread on hf

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

I agree with what you are saying. I enjoy coming here because I enjoy reading all the different viewpoints. I don't necessarily agree with everything everyone says, but I like to hear what others have to say.

I also have a low tolerance for rantings and histrionics. During the bankrupcty fiasco, I sometimes couldn't go near the BOH board just because I got tired of all the bs. All in all this is supposed to be fun.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
probably worst thread on hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
I agree with what you are saying. I enjoy coming here because I enjoy reading all the different viewpoints. I don't necessarily agree with everything everyone says, but I like to hear what others have to say.

I also have a low tolerance for rantings and histrionics. During the bankrupcty fiasco, I sometimes couldn't go near the BOH board just because I got tired of all the bs. All in all this is supposed to be fun.
I'm pretty much the same way and I actually don't mind at all people disagreeing with me. If it's one thing I'm positive on it's that I'm wrong all the time! The only thing I don't like is when people totally distort my point and then attack it. It's called the Strawman Fallacy and it's arguably the most used tactic in politics (well next to Ad Hominem of course) and I don't want it to see it become a mainstay here on the Coyotes board!

Old
10-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:

Right on!

To be honest though, HFBoards has been a blessing to me compared to other sites I used to post at!

1. Anything in which you complain about at this site is minor compared to other sites since this place is better moderated.

2. By far there are more intelligent people here with more original thought and in-depth discussions.

At the last website I used to post at( which I won't here the name of ) I got tired of the following:

Trolls
Hate Mail
People who kept on asking the same questions over and over I.E. Who's gonna win the cup? Is Sidney Crosby single? Who's better Crosby or Ovenchin?

People who report your question or answer and blocked you because you didn't say what they wanted to hear.

Giving people a thumbs down rating because you either told the truth, had a different opinion, didn't stroke someone ego!

I couldn't tell you how many times I got blocked for defending the Coyotes and hockey in AZ.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:17 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post

EDIT:
Yea Sniper is right on here. Sinurgy is a young talent out there and just needs to gel with everyone. I don't think he should be sent to the minors...yet. He's still got a lot to prove.

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
Yea Sniper is right on here. Sinurgy is a young talent out there and just needs to gel with everyone. I don't think he should be sent to the minors...yet. He's still got a lot to prove.
I don't know. With Boddiker going to San Antonio this opens things up for Sinergy.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

lol...man I think I just jinxed the poor kid!

Old
10-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Damnit...still can't edit. Anyway Art, I see what you did there. Clever indeed!

Old
10-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I've noticed lately that people are getting a little polarizing around these parts and it's making discussions unnecessarily difficult as a result. We're starting to sound like a stupid political message board where a moderate opinion is simply not allowed. I can't speak for everyone else but if I have a very strong opinion, I will state it in a manner that makes that very clear, I don't need anyone making the assumptions.

Fictitious Example:

Me: "Boedker seems tentative out there, I wish he'd shoot more and maybe be a bit more assertive"

Attacker 1: "He's 19, totally over the hill! We should trade him for not dominating yet. "

Attacker 2: "Have you not been watching the games?! Look how many penalties he's drawn. I wish the whole team was as "tentative" as you say Boedker is!!!"

Attacker 3 (who actually attacks 1 and 2): "I don't care if he is 19, he not doing **** out there. Why not move him for someone who will come in and actually make an impact?"

Attacker 1: "Oh my god, you seriously want to trade Boedker already? We'd be a doomed franchise if you and Sinurgy were at the helm!"

Attacker 2: "Jesus I can't believe how retarded some people are on here. Trade Boedker?! "

Attacker 3: "I see, so apparently we're all ok with guys who don't produce. Why don't we just sign Fedoruk again!"

Peacemaker: "Look I think we can all agree that Boedker shouldn't be traded, Sinurgy is probably just frustrated. At the same time you do need to hold the young guys accountable. The main thing though is that the Yotes are still here in Glendale and we're all thankful for that. Go Yotes!!!"

Me: Wtf just happened?

lol...ok that was a humorous example but hopefully people get what I mean.
You seem tentative in your post. You should be more assertive.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 790
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Sanity, common sense and respect for other opinions, on my internet! I think not!

you're all just a bunch of stupid poo-poo heads!

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
Sanity, common sense and respect for other opinions, on my internet! I think not!

you're all just a bunch of stupid poo-poo heads!
I am not stupid.

Old
10-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Snarky Coyote

But how does this relate to getting all 5 of our top prospects to toronto for a 7th round pick? ( i mean isnt that what every thread on HF boards really gets down to )

Snarky Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
I don't know. With Boddiker going to San Antonio this opens things up for Sinergy.
Well played...

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
yakko

Quote:
Boddiker
They say his name like that in NHL10 too. Of course, there is plenty else wrong with that game, but still.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote