HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[stl/ott]

Old
10-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
This guy ^^^

And the guy who said we needed to include 3 first rounders to get one of Backes ,Perron or Oshie

People seem to forget that Volchenkov is a top 10 defenseman

Which is worth one of the earlier three, if he can be re-signed at a good amount(with maybe a pick), which is why some teams are given permission to talk to certain players about extensions, etc. before trades are made.
Trust me. I know.
Which is why I offered Cole (1st round pick) Crombeen, a gritty forward who drives hard to the net and can score, plus a first. Obviously Cole could be swapped for Palushaj. Crombeen for a lower forward prospect (Simon Hjalmarsson) and a third.

If we could extend Volchenkov. He and Johnson would be a great 1-2 option.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 500
That's really good value.
If Volchenkov wasn't re-signing, I'd do it.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:30 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
What Blues fans don't know about Volchenkov

-Plays with Heart, he gives his all on every shift
- One of the top shot blockers "who cares..." He could be the difference between the opposing team having 30 SOG and 40 SOG, which significantly increases your team's chance of winning.
- Lays down the body. He is one of the hardest hitters in the NHL, and a Physical defensive D-man is a necessary thing to win in the playoffs, ever wonder why the Sharks don't get past the first round? When the playoffs come, the physicality goes up a notch
- Volchenkov is top 10 if we are talking about defensive defenseman

lastly, there is no doubt that he will re-sign with Ottawa, it's just how much.

I wouldn't trade him out unless we can create a package for Oshie, Perron or Backes, which is highly unlikely.

We don't want any more defensive prospects either... or prospects in general, unless they are top-notch (i.e. Eller)
Oooooooh, we had one of them. We called him Jay McKee. We just paid alot of money to one of those to go play for another team.

Thanks, pass.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:53 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
Oooooooh, we had one of them. We called him Jay McKee. We just paid alot of money to one of those to go play for another team.

Thanks, pass.
Yeah, Anton Volchenkov doesn't get injured nearly as much and makes less money, soo...

Also, he's better than McKee.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Asquaredx2

After last night's performance on the 5-on-3, my response to this changes somewhat dramatically.

Volchenkov stays.

Anyway, this Sens team does not look like one that's going to be far-removed from a playoff spot by the deadline (if at all). 10 of a possible 14 points won so far.

EDIT: Sans our number 1 defenceman in Kuba, too.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Yeah, Anton Volchenkov doesn't get injured nearly as much and makes less money, soo...

Also, he's better than McKee.
Yeah that doesn't mean we're not still paying for McKee's contract in the meantime; also I'm sure he knows all of that seeing as we got McKee at the end of his "prime" and he spent most of it on IR.

He's not comparing them so much as saying it hasn't worked out the last time and we're pressed that much closer to the cap because of it.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:37 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyesinBlue View Post
Yeah that doesn't mean we're not still paying for McKee's contract in the meantime; also I'm sure he knows all of that seeing as we got McKee at the end of his "prime" and he spent most of it on IR.

He's not comparing them so much as saying it hasn't worked out the last time and we're pressed that much closer to the cap because of it.
Fair enough.

Honestly, personally I'd rather hang on to him, even past the deadline, to do our best to sign him.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Fair enough.

Honestly, personally I'd rather hang on to him, even past the deadline, to do our best to sign him.
I don't blame you, he'd instantly be one of my favorites if he ended up on the Blues. Hell, he already is in a Sens jersey.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Bluester

If we trade for anything it should be for more scoring. Defensive d men are not a need for this team.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote