HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pre-Game 2: Devils vs Flyers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2004, 09:32 AM
  #1
rabi_sultan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: London, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,782
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Pre-Game 2: Devils vs Flyers

A 3-2 win by the Flyers in the first game but i reckon the devils will hit back and square the series after this game in what I'm sure will be a series that will go all the way to seven.

rabi_sultan is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
  #2
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,345
vCash: 50
Well my prediction toteboard tells me the Devils win games 2 and 3.


Game 2 will be 2-1.

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 12:09 PM
  #3
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
I think the Flyers are going to take game two. Devils are going to come our hard, but their bread and butter is staying at home and playing boring hockey, which they do much better on the road. Brodeur will

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
  #4
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Flyers 2(AMonte 2)
Devils 1(Kozlov)

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 02:01 PM
  #5
haakon84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Whoever scores the first goal will win again.

haakon84 is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 02:43 PM
  #6
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I think the Flyers are going to take game two. Devils are going to come our hard, but their bread and butter is staying at home and playing boring hockey, which they do much better on the road. Brodeur will
Did you even watch the game last night?

Something tells me that came out wrong when you wrote it.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 03:37 PM
  #7
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I think that the Flyers will win this game and go up 2-0 and lose but first game in NJ.

the score will be something like the first game.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
  #8
Coburnfan05
Registered User
 
Coburnfan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SOB Southern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Did you even watch the game last night?

Something tells me that came out wrong when you wrote it.
Boring? No way the devils and flyers played an extremely entertaining game last night.

I see the flyers coming out hard again on Saturday and putting more bodies in front of Marty. The flyers win game 2 but will be a hard fought game probably going to OT.

If I keep predicting an OT game it will have to come to fruition soon enough.

Coburnfan05 is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 04:05 PM
  #9
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I predict 3-1 Devils win...


PS: I predicted this score last time and the Flyers won, call me superstitious, but...

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 06:12 AM
  #10
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso
 
ZadorovNJD*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 10,199
vCash: 500
Devils will get an early lead and spend the whole game defending it only to blow it in the final 10 minutes.

ZadorovNJD* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 09:48 AM
  #11
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Flyers in 5.

blah is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:12 AM
  #12
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
If I keep predicting an OT game it will have to come to fruition soon enough.
NO OVERTIME GAMES!!! I just don't have the stomach for them anymore.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:39 AM
  #13
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Flyers 43 Devils 1

Therien goes loco and takes a plane back to Philly, runs out onto the ice from the crowd and runs into Esche as he's trying to make a routine save thus giving the Devils their only goal.

JR gets 7 goals
Primeau gets 4
Pitkanen 31 goals
Sharp gets an empty netter


Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 02:37 PM
  #14
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Did you even watch the game last night?

Something tells me that came out wrong when you wrote it.
It wasnt boring because the Devils never got the lead and then spent the next 50 minutes clutching, grabbing and icing the puck.

Steve L* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 03:09 PM
  #15
slapshotflyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
This is the big game of the series for the Flyers. If they can win tonight then they'll have the confidence going to New Jersey. It'll be another tight game, but I think the Flyers will win it after OT. Maybe 2-1, 3-2.

slapshotflyer is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 03:13 PM
  #16
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
NO OVERTIME GAMES!!! I just don't have the stomach for them anymore.
You don't have the stomach for them! Last year Flyers-Leafs 3 OT games. I was on heart medicine for a month. Then again, the Devils did have to play Anaheim and Ottawa.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 03:53 PM
  #17
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
It wasnt boring because the Devils never got the lead and then spent the next 50 minutes clutching, grabbing and icing the puck.
You know you guys aren't exactly the '84 Edmonton Oilers either.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 04:01 PM
  #18
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
You don't have the stomach for them! Last year Flyers-Leafs 3 OT games. I was on heart medicine for a month. Then again, the Devils did have to play Anaheim and Ottawa.
I got my fill of them in the 2000 SCF's against the Stars, I was at game five and it went to triple OT just to lose to Modano tip-in and then wait for game six to only see that go into double OT before Arnott won it and the cup.

But then again it is only a small price to pay but nether the less it's totally gut wrenching. But I love watching OT playoff games if my team ain't involved, then it's great!

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 04:04 PM
  #19
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I got my fill of them in the 2000 SCF's against the Stars, I was at game five and it went to triple OT just to lose to Modano tip-in and then wait for game six to only see that go into double OT before Arnott won it and the cup.

But then again it is only a small price to pay but nether the less it's totally gut wrenching. But I love watching OT playoff games if my team ain't involved, then it's great!
those 2 were pretty exciting although recchi's goal FINALLY last year was also pretty good. I really, really, really enjoyed the SJ-ST. Louis game, but I was practically wretching because I was so tense when it was 3-2 for those last 15 minutes.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 04:06 PM
  #20
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Flyer's 5-4

Goal's by:Gagne,Amonte,Handzus,and 2 by Leclair

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 05:59 PM
  #21
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
You know you guys aren't exactly the '84 Edmonton Oilers either.
At least the Flyers try to score a 2nd goal.
The fact that they fail 80% of the time is irrelevent.

Steve L* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 06:07 PM
  #22
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I got my fill of them in the 2000 SCF's against the Stars
That's a @#(@# low blow. I mean, yeah, we all hate each other. But mentioning the 2000 playoffs crosses the line. I can't respect that.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 06:16 PM
  #23
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
That's a @#(@# low blow. I mean, yeah, we all hate each other. But mentioning the 2000 playoffs crosses the line. I can't respect that.
What in the hell are you talking about??? How's mentioning the SCF's against the Stars have anything to do with the Flyers? We were talking about overtimes and how hard they are to watch and that one was for me.

Relax dude, I think your being a little over sensitive. Wow.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 06:23 PM
  #24
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
At least the Flyers try to score a 2nd goal.
The fact that they fail 80% of the time is irrelevent.
Ahh com'on man, the Devils do try to score a second goal, I think that's more myth than fact. But if were up one goal in the third than hell ya, we'll try to frustrate the **** out of you.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 06:35 PM
  #25
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
What in the hell are you talking about??? How's mentioning the SCF's against the Stars have anything to do with the Flyers? We were talking about overtimes and how hard they are to watch and that one was for me.

Relax dude, I think your being a little over sensitive. Wow.
Maybe it was mentioning that big silver thing that they haven't seen in a while.

Missionhockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.