HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

L'attaque a 5(Jean Perron) racism

Old
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Montreal Shadow

vCash: 500
L'attaque a 5(Jean Perron) racism

I hope nobody minds that thread, if so close it.

Well, those of you who watched a part of the show tonight probably noticed what Jean Perron said. To me this is blatant racism and this guy shouldn't be talking on that show anymore(as crappy as it is already). He's lucky because russians are also white and not really from a different ''race''. One could argue he is simply xenophobic but to me, his case is blatant racism. He has something against europeans players and it's fairly obvious.

2 years ago he had stated that the Canadiens were going nowhere because they had a european captain and that no team in the NHL had won a cup with a european captain(Lol, Lidstrom did it that year). This year he outright shouted ''On en veut pu de russes, on est ecoeuré des joueurs russes''. Which translates to ''We don't want any more russians!!! We're fed up with russian players''. Not only that, but it seems he also thinks Kostitsyn is russian, he literally said he was. He said that if Serge Savard was still there, he would think the same thing(as in, no freakin russians) and that at least 24-25 teams in the NHL didn't want any russians in their roster.

Obvious racism from an old fart who is still stuck in the past and totally forgot what sports in general is all about. Kinda sad to watch, I thought the hockey community had gone a long way since the old days, but it seems there is still a way to go. Discuss, flame or simply don't give a damn.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:42 PM
GoMarkov79

Perron is a disgrace and a lot of quebecers don't even agree with what he says. He shouldn't be on the show anymore. If he was the head of a company in Montreal saying we don't want russians, europeens or asians, they would just fire his ass!!

GoMarkov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Fire Brunet*

I guess Malakhov was right after all...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
FuriousBob

I was listening to the show too and I was so fet up with him. At least all of the other didn't think like him. But as you said this guy should retire or die because he is a big disrace in Quebec and even if I hate almost all media, without him saying that BG gonna loose his job because A.Kost is playing on the second line at the place of 'les jeunes' (AKA for Jean Perron, Latendresse) french media would be alot better.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Stradale

Perron is a ****ing MORON. He's one of the worst out there. Bergie look like a genious next to Perron. I cant stand that guy, i dont know how he won that Stanley cup. He has no hockey knowledge at all. His segment "attaque du coach" is ridiculous. He was blaming Bell last night for skating backward and watching his man saying that his could should not redirect that puck and he was looking behind instead of the puck, but Belle was looking behind AFTER the puck hit his skate.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
Perron is a disgrace and a lot of quebecers don't even agree with what he says. He shouldn't be on the show anymore. If he was the head of a company in Montreal saying we don't want russians, europeens or asians, they would just fire his ass!!
Sad, really sad. How come you guys put up with such a moron. In Vancouver someone like him would be ***** in the middle of the street.

sad, shame on him and people who allow him to spit his xenophob venom in public.

year 2009....

what a disgrace to the province of Quebec

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote