HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs. Bruins - GAME TWO - Apr. 9/04

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 09:10 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
It's not all Theo's fault thanks to our brutal PP, lack of finish and inability to terrorize the Boston D. But he is definitely to blame for that ***** goal. Likewise, it's not all Raycroft that's killing us. Good thing is, at home it could be different. Remember '93, an OT loss ad and 2-0 deficit, but we rebounded heading home and we all know the rest. Not saying they're gonna win the cup, but this is a familiar scenario. Then again, '92 against the Bruins could rear its head again.
That 93' team was extremely special to come back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Quebec.......I can only hope the habs can do it again. The habs will have to win both games in Montreal to even have a chance now in this series. Hopefully the habs can come back and win this series, tough but possible

Old
04-09-2004, 09:11 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Can't defend Theo. His teammates played their hearts out and he threw it all to ****.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:11 PM
suped

Habs will win 4 straight and take it in 6 this series is in the bag!

Old
04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Ok,Theodore let a pretty ugly goal,but the player Im starting to be a little tired to watch Is Koivu,DAMN he did nothing for this team tonight except taking those 3 stupid penalties

Old
04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Exactly. He let us down, but not before the team did for the 1st half of the game and pretty much all of game 1. It's just not our year, or series should I say. Just let's avoid the sweep and hopefully take it to 6 games and there'll still be a positve vibe thanks to this surprising year. We are an up and coming team that needs to learn more and reshape itself to be made for the playoffs, meaning better defense, better size, better coaching (CJ has room to improve yet) and better execution.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by suped
Habs will win 4 straight and take it in 6 this series is in the bag!
if we win it will be in seven. We wont win 4 straight.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
suped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
If we win it in 7 then will get down 3-1 come back either way a magical buzz must be created by this tea, because the boourns are playing within their ability

Old
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Well like i said before,If we lsoe next game It's finish forget about It MTl willnot comeback If they lose next game

Old
04-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Exactly. He let us down, but not before the team did for the 1st half of the game and pretty much all of game 1. It's just not our year, or series should I say. Just let's avoid the sweep and hopefully take it to 6 games and there'll still be a positve vibe thanks to this surprising year. We are an up and coming team that needs to learn more and reshape itself to be made for the playoffs, meaning better defense, better size, better coaching (CJ has room to improve yet) and better execution.
Exactly hab-a-maniac, I couldn't have said it better myself, although habs should not die without a fight.

Old
habitual_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Can't defend Theo. His teammates played their hearts out and he threw it all to ****.
BS. If Theodore hadn't made agreat save against Axelsson in the 3rd the game wouldn't even have reached OT.

Here's an idea: burn Theodore in effigy and start Garon in goal Sunday.

Old
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped
If we win it in 7 then will get down 3-1 come back either way a magical buzz must be created by this tea, because the boourns are playing within their ability
I have no idea what you just said. Sorry man.

Edit: ok now i got it.

I duno about that. The only way we win this series, Theo plays magnificent. Im doubtfull that will happen this time.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitual_hab
BS. If Theodore hadn't made agreat save against Axelsson in the 3rd the game wouldn't even have reached OT.

this is the point I make every single ****ing time ... THÉODORE IS NOT THE ONLY ****ING GOALIE IN THIS ****ING LEAGUE TO MAKE SAVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Hab-a-maniac

The lone positive about this is we head back to Montreal. Remember the magic we made there this season: the last second victories against Ottawa and New Jersey, plus more against Toronto, Colorado and NJ. We have that ability to step it up at home. Almost everyone plays better back at the Bell Centre. So we have a chance to tie the series but our play in Boston really lacks any offensive skill so games 5 and 7 if necessary are ones that would worry me if they come about (we'll win at least one I am confident, no sweep... Please, no sweep).
And if the B's beat us, I'll only cheer for them if they play the Leafs. If not, GO anyone who faces the Bruins because they humiliated us. When are we ever gonna be a big, physical team??? Damnit, when!!!?

Old
04-09-2004, 09:18 PM
BJCOLLINS

O well Theo may have lost his chance to save it in OT but the reality is the PP sucked and couldn't bury it's chance's early in the game. And as sour as this loss is it's not nearly as bad as the loss on Wednesday when we didn't even show up.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:19 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
The lone positive about this is we head back to Montreal. Remember the magic we made there this season: the last second victories against Ottawa and New Jersey, plus more against Toronto, Colorado and NJ. We have that ability to step it up at home. Almost everyone plays better back at the Bell Centre. So we have a chance to tie the series but our play in Boston really lacks any offensive skill so games 5 and 7 if necessary are ones that would worry me if they come about (we'll win at least one I am confident, no sweep... Please, no sweep).
Right now it sure looks tough to come back in this series......simply put, GAME 3 is a MUST WIN if we even have a remote chance to come back in this series

Old
gohabsgo2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitual_hab

Great and thank-you to him. But he let us down. That goal doesn't go in.

We can fault Bulis for missing the empty net, Kovalev only playing 15:00, Quintal giving the puck away a few secs before the goal, etc. But it all boils down to the man in the goal. He let in an AHL shot in an NHL playoff game where his teammates had played their guts out.

Picture yourself as a Jason Ward, a Sheldon Souray or a Steve Begin. You've busted your balls all night and are probably playing through some pain, and here the goalie you believe in lets you down. It hurts the players and the fans.

Old
Mooch

Quote:
Your right, but the Bruins are the best road team in the league. So i really duno if we have a chance, will see.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Mathletic

sorry guys but stop blaming the frickin Power Play, they scored a goal for a 16 % efficiency which is pretty good ...

Old
04-09-2004, 09:21 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Your right, but the Bruins are the best road team in the league. So i really duno if we have a chance, will see.
Best road record in the regular season yes, playoffs are a whole different ball game my friend It is easy to give up on this team, but lets have faith and believe in MAGIC

Old
04-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Best road record in the regular season yes, playoffs are a whole different ball game my friend It is easy to give up on this team, but lets have faith and believe in MAGIC
Oh i have faith, but the regular season has to count for something. You cant just ignore that fact blindly.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:24 PM
gohabsgo2010

So now who makes the game thread? Me and Catala have both gone winless. Someone's gotta stepup and deliver (don't take lessons from Theo).

Old
04-09-2004, 09:25 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
nothing else I can do...."Go Habs GO" its a sickness I have.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Hab-a-maniac

If the season does count for something, then it could go either way because we are a better home team than Boston. So if we win then, wow- things will have gone topsy-turvy, huh? But you gotta believe because this Habs team can come alive at any time. Unfortunately, we may look at this at game 6 or 7 and regret it as the killer. Theodore will be roasted for that one so he needs to show himself as a real competitor and come out brilliant. And keep it that way. Even when Theo played great in '02 he was inconsistent and ended up with a 3.15 GAA despite a .915 sv. %. He needs defensive help, PK help; he got it in the 2nd half and f'd it up like he's done too many times too often for a Vezina/Hart winner.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:28 PM
pblc

No gloating.........trust me on that one. I honestly thought Montreal was going to get the win tonight..........they outplayed the Bruins. This was one of those occasions when one team out chances another team.......but then loses, by either a bad break or a soft goal. Sure , as a Bruins fan, I'm happy.........but I'm certainly not looking at the series as being over. You guys could easily win two games at home, especially if you play with the intensity you did tonight...and the Bruins play the lacklustre game they played tonight.

It seems like the two teams traded personalities from game 1 to game 2. Boston came out hard, and Montreal didn't in game one, while in game two it was the opposite. If the Bruins happen to have a 3 games to none series lead, and are leading 10 to 0 in game 4 with 1:00 minute remaining then, and only then will I say that I think the Bruins will win it..........but until then, I think its far from over.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Ok,Theodore let a pretty ugly goal,but the player Im starting to be a little tired to watch Is Koivu,DAMN he did nothing for this team tonight except taking those 3 stupid penalties

What about that perfect pass to Brisebois for our lone goal of the series? Yeah, thought so.

Closed Thread