HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Butner

Old
10-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Ric Flair

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ric Flair Send a message via MSN to Ric Flair Send a message via Yahoo to Ric Flair
Butner

Ok so I still haven't heard whether I got the job in Asheville. I did get another offer at Central Regional Butner campus. It would be a travel job so the pay would be really good. It would start nov. 2nd so I should find out soon if I get it. Anyone here live in Butner or have any info whether good or bad about the area?

Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Caniac12

Butner is a small, but growing, rural area about
45 minutes or so from Raleigh. From what I know it's just a nice, quietly simple small town. My dad actually is a home builder who's developed many neighborhoods in the Raleigh area, and has a new neighborhood in Butner. So if you need an affordable home, with great quality PM me. Bernie Madoff is being housed in Butner's prison if anyone would like to know. Haha

Caniac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 08:10 AM
bag12day

The main industry there is the Federal Gov't Prison, Hospital, and Psych facilities. It is a smaller town but very close to Durham and Raleigh. It sits just off of I-85 so there is some drug traffic and associated crime that comes with being close to a drug hwy but a friend knows the Police chief there and they keep things pretty tight. Butner is very close to Falls Lake and about 30 mins from Kerr Reservoir which are two fairly large lakes and offer some great fishing and hunting opportunities.
You would be about 45mins from RBC Center and seeing the Hurricanes beat the Pens

bag12day is offline   Reply With Quote