HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Green's hit on Boullion.

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Istvan

vCash: 500
Green's hit on Boullion.

It looked like the hit came while Boullion was chasing the puck which would be 2 mins for obstruction during the regular season. I thought it was a little gutless and cheap actually.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:46 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
It looked like the hit came while Boullion was chasing the puck which would be 2 mins for obstruction during the regular season. I thought it was a little gutless and cheap actually.

Beside the glove almost in the face, I think it was an OK hit.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Mike8

Bouillon hadn't touched the puck yet. It was obstruction. Calls were missed on both teams so it wasn't a huge issue though.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:07 AM
kytem2

How abouut Souray's 2 cross-checks to the head he laid on 2 Bruins ? Only one of those was called, the one against Axelsson, and that was called 'roughing'.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2
How abouut Souray's 2 cross-checks to the head he laid on 2 Bruins ? Only one of those was called, the one against Axelsson, and that was called 'roughing'.
Both team had there dirty hits or missed calls.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
At least we had ONE player preparing the next game

Old
04-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Maybe I missed something but they didn't look like crosschecks to me. He straight-armed them both, very much like Dave Manson used to do. Souray's gloves hit the face, not the stick.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:20 AM
kytem2

They were both cross-checks to the neck/face.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Mike8

I'm fairly certain the Axelson one was two gloves to the face. I'll try to find a replay. In the meantime we'll have to agree to disagree.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:37 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I'm fairly certain the Axelson one was two gloves to the face. I'll try to find a replay. In the meantime we'll have to agree to disagree.
It was gloves from what I remember, still roughing though.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:18 AM
habfan4

The Souray hits were gloves to the face - very similar to several hits thrown by Lapointe.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Maybe I missed something but they didn't look like crosschecks to me. He straight-armed them both, very much like Dave Manson used to do. Souray's gloves hit the face, not the stick.
Manson only used one hand though. The hand that did not have the stick in it.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:34 AM
chicpea*

The hit by Green was fine by me. At least Bubbles can take them and keep playing without retaliatory penalties *cough*

Old
04-08-2004, 12:34 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
It was a clean, hard hit from what I could tell. No different than then types of hits that Komisarek or Begin like to lay on the opposition.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Wow, since the Bertuzzi incident there are so many *intelligent* people throwing the word "gutless" around, like candy at a parade..

The fact of the matter is, they both sized each other up and made contact. 50/50 chance it will be Green that goes down next time...

I don't know where you got "gutless" from son...

Old
04-08-2004, 01:19 PM
skoivu

Boullion was chasing the puck and i dont think he actually touched it. but like Colt.45Orr said he saw him coming and tryed to hit him back. Green just got the better of him. Not a big deal

Old
04-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Marchy79

Im Sorry I disagree with the Souray call on Axelsson...

Sheldon did a routine check by putting his arms in to Axelsson's chest (sure it was a bit above the routine chest, and more around the collar)... But it was Axelsson's dramatic performance that made it look more legit to others, but if he cannot handle a love tap like that, he should not be in the league....

As many said, the reffing was pitiful. And just to prove this is my opinion, and not homerism (as some will probably allude to after reading my post) I also thought Joe Thornton's slashing penalty (it was a love tap) was rather weak as well... The ref (Shick?) was not in playoff mode, as those calls reminded me more of pre-season.

He also failed the call on Kovalev (slashing)... Nobody swung their stick on that play (all sticks were on the ice)... If anything it was tripping, but it definately made it seem he missed the play entirely. That being said, I really hope Marouelli gets the call for next game, as at least he's rather fair.

Old
04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
BruinsGirl

Kovalev's penalty was a legit penalty but not slashing for sure...I think more like holding or tripping.

Anyway..I think we should all be happy if we won't see Hairy Kerry in any games with his crazy and inconsistent calls. I am not a big fan of Mcgough but he is BETTER.

Old
04-08-2004, 03:05 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1

Sheldon did a routine check by putting his arms in to Axelsson's chest (sure it was a bit above the routine chest, and more around the collar)... But it was Axelsson's dramatic performance that made it look more legit to others, but if he cannot handle a love tap like that, he should not be in the league....
If u want dramatic performances watch Ribiero and Koivu, and there was at least one other Montreal player who's head did the best bobble head impression i have seen......

A bit above the routine chest........the collar....collar bone, jersey collar.......and by putting his arms in do u mean punching/crosschecking.............

Old
04-08-2004, 03:09 PM
mcphee

Green's hit could have been called if the ref chooses to be technical about obstruction, Souray's penalty will be called one night maybe not another. I agree with Mike, that's how Manson used to do it. For the guy who said Manson used his glove hand only, c'mon, Manson would have used a sword if he could get away with it. I saw him with Mtl., he would do anything he could and would snap like few players I ever saw. To call hits like Greens' cheap or gutless is in itself cheap and gutless. Our guy got the worst of it, no need to whine or snivel.

Old
04-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Netro

Green's hit on Bouillion was 100% clean. I thought it was a good hit.

I also thought that Souray's arms to the chest of Axelsson was fine as well.

As for the Kovalev play in the first, I thought he did a nice defensive job pinning down the Bruins stick but the ref saw it as slashing.

Bottom line is I can complain all I want about calls and non-calls but even if last night's game was officiated to perfection, the outcome still would have been a B's victory.

Let's hope the Habs catch the plane to Boston today and show up tomorrow nite otherwise it is going to be a quick series.

Old
04-08-2004, 07:01 PM
tritone

I felt ashamed for loving the Green hit on Bouillon. I wish it could have been the other way around....so very rare to see a nice hard , effective and CLEAN check these days . Let's hope Bouillon bulldozes him in game #2 with an equallt CLEAN hit .
Come on guys, we lost the game but let's not pin it on bad reffing. it was equally atrocious for both sides.
If you want to blame bad reffing, have a look at the Women's Canada vs U.S.A. gold medal game 2 nights ago....TWO VERY BAD AND DECISIVE CALLS that almost make you wish they could play the game over again.

Old
04-08-2004, 07:13 PM
MontrealFans

Kovalev's penality was nowhere near a slash, he simply tried to stop the guy from taking the shot and because his blade was infront of his own feet he basicly fell over his own blade but still legit for a triping call

Old
04-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Good clean hit. The Habs should take notes.

Old
04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Kalus

look at all the back and forth disagreements about what was a penalty and what wasn't...kinda makes you appreciate how difficult it is to make or not make such a call in the few seconds after it occured in addition to your bosses, peers, and hundreds of thousands of people watching you

Closed Thread