HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jean Perron on l'attaque à 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2009, 12:47 AM
  #26
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
why didn't anyone say "i am" ? or maybe gomez could have said mi llamo

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:55 AM
  #27
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
why didn't anyone say "i am" ? or maybe gomez could have said mi llamo
me llamo

obcd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 01:06 AM
  #28
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Perron is like awful. It lookslike unless you can score 40 gols on a yearly basi then you dont give a ****.

BTW is David Booth's mother russian cause he really doesnt look like he care much this season and I'd need him to start potting some goal for my pools.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 02:23 AM
  #29
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Quote:
L'Attaque a Cinq also fired the blond chick.. god thats awesome! She was useless..
Noooooooooooooooooo

She was the love of my life ! So cute....

Damn....

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 02:34 AM
  #30
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,665
vCash: 500
Jean Perron is such an idiot..he's a hopeless case.

As for anybody crying over A.Kost not saying ''je suis'', get a freaking life already.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 03:49 AM
  #31
Hades
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Geez, that guy is a ********** idiot. He sounds like a crazy, senile old man. I'd be ashamed if that guy was my grandfather and I'd have to watch him on TV. He says so many retarded ****. I remember watching an episode where he was saying that Ovechkin sucks when he plays vs the Habs because he "goes partying and drinking the night before the game". WTF? Ovechkin is always good vs the habs.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 07:43 AM
  #32
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,096
vCash: 500
While Jean Perron is totally a joke nowadays and some could even suggest during his NHL career, the end result will be what he implied. Russian stars that he doesn't mind having will be in the NHL, 3rd and 4th liners will mostly be playing in the KHL. So not only it "may" be what teams want but it's also what Russian want now so there are no big issues here.

Fact of the matter is, when Perron says that there are 25 teams that are not interested in Russians anymore, whatever the reason is (he prefers to think it's because of the reputation, clearly it has more to do with the KHL and the lack of an agreement...),:

Anaheim picked their first russian this year after the Chistov pick in 2001 (seems to me it has everything to do with Burke not there....)
Atlanta: No Russians for 3 years now
Boston: No Russians for 3 years
Buffalo: 4 years without a Russian pick
Calgary: Last russian pick....2002
Carolina: Last russian...2001
Chicago: 3 years without one
Avs: Parshin in 2004...since then 0
Columbus: Don't seem to mind them, Filatov, Mayorov, Plekhanov, Kosmachev...
Dallas: Korostin in 2007, one Belarus guy in 2004....not a whole lot, but don't discard them
Detroit: Last russian picked was in 2004, not a success either
Edmonton: 1 in 2006, since then 0 and before that only 1 in 2002.
Florida: Don't seem to mind them, 2 in 2007, 1 in 2005...
LA: Well a big year in 2008 with Voynov and Loktionov but before that, only 1 Russian in 2003 and a couple more in 2002.
Wild: 2 in 2004, since then nada.
Habs: DO NOT MIND THEM, WE LOVED THEM!!!!...but they don't love us....
Preds: Radulov in 2004....since then....curiously....no more Russians...
NJ: 3 Russians in 2006, nothing since then.
Isles: Don't seem to mind them, 1 in 09, 1 in 08, Grachev in 07...
Rangers: Love them. 1 Russian pick per draft since 2006.
Sens: Last Russian pick, Bashkirov in 2007, but no Russians directly from Russia since 2006.
Philly: 2 Russian in 06, next one in 02.
Phoenix: Don't seem to mind them...Tikhonov, Goncharov and others.
Pens: Strangely, aside from Malkin, they had one Russian in 08 and the next one....in 03.
San Jose: If you count Patzold as a Russian since he's from Kazakstan....their last one was in 2001. IF you are looking for a real Russian, their last one was Zyuzin....in 1996.
St-Louis: Last one in 2005.
TBay: Last one in 2006
Toronto: Last one is Kulemin in 06....and good luck hoping they'll have more from now on...
'Nucks: Might not mind them, 1 on 07, 1 in 06....
Caps: Love those Russians!!!!

Mind you, I might have missed a few...I was more concentrating on the location than on the player itself so I might have missed some Russians guys that were drafted out of CHL leagues, though I catched a few as well.

And this is only a draft exercice. Which in no way did I analyse UFA's, trades and so on. So a team might not have picked a lot of Russians but was still interested in bringing them on board by other means, but still draft has to be some kind of a recognition that Russians are not the flavor of the decade.

NOW, again, I know that it has more likely to do with the lack of agreement, the KHL and everything like that. I sure hope we would have a better understanding between each other and finally see the real numbers behind the lack of Russians pick, while we know that the lack of agreement is a BIG part of it......still, Perron by saying that "24 or 25 teams" are not interested in them anymore (but implying it's because it's a lack of heard or whatever) is almost right. It's mostly around 20. Perron can safely say what he's saying 'cause there's no way of knowing. But give me an agreement, and we'll know then for sure making that exercice much more precise. But as of now, we can safely say that there are 10 teams out there that don't mind them. Which makes 20 teams a whole lot more hesitant...but as you can see a lot of them aren't that interested since 2006.....But there is a league now that is really competitive for talent. And there is history as far as players leaving, so again, Perron doesn't go too far in his analysis....but does he ever do....


Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-17-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 07:50 AM
  #33
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I created a thread yesterday with the subject line " _ _ _ _ _ _ Andrei Kostitsyn "

I specifically said it would be on the radio (it was on team990) and l'attaque a cinq (it was), yet my thread was deleted because it was apparently not thread-worthy

In the future, before deleting such threads, we should remember that most of the stuff we are forced-fed by media outlets are truly this pathetic - making such threads actually relevant.
Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 08:20 AM
  #34
marchabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
the real point of perron to a certain extent was that GMs rely on north-american born players for their 3rd and fourth line. whether it is because those russians who would fit there are staying in the khl or it's because they wouldnt bring the energy desired is another debate.

so all your argument about "hey, I would take ovechkin anytime" are useless and confirm you talk before knowing what it was that was said. usual stuff.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
  #35
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
I hope people will write to TQS to complain about Perron because he can't talk like that all the time with all the young Russians, Europeens in Montreal watching the show and loving the Montreal Canadiens.
Someone should remind him just because he won a Cup without a Russian in 86' doesn't mean they aren't good...they weren't in the league then. And someone should also remind him he won that Cup not just because of stand out performances from Roy and Lemieux, but because of a little European forward who was his best offensive player in Mats Naslund and very good two way defenceman in Svoboda as well!

How fast they forget.

And sure, I think Montreal was the last team in the NHL to win a Cup without a European in the line-up (partially true, Petrov dressed for one game)...that was 16, going on 17 years ago and in todays game the best offensive players are Russian players, Canadians maybe the majority in the league but the star power is not the same ratio at all.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
  #36
Daice
Registered User
 
Daice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
No... Russia and Belarus is pretty much the same thing.. actually russians from, huh, let's say Chechnia are a lot less russian than belarussians...

What are you, an ethnologist?

Paper boundaries and actual boundaries are different things.
Ok ok ok so what you are saying is that perron is an ethnologist right, cause he went to Russia, to Kazakhstan to Belarus and he said hey, they all look alike, talk alike, i guess they have the same culture, hell they are all russians. So perron isn't ignorant and xenophobic correct? He is actually smart, and weights his words before speaking!

So thats why if a Vietnamese or a Korean player makes it to the nhl, he will say, ''moe j'veu pas de chinois'' and it will be correct because from his point of view, they all look alike, kind of speak alike (even though it's not the case) so it's not offending to call koreans, Vietnamese, Japanese etc etc Chinese. You just take the biggest country of em all and call them all Chinese right

So then if you go to austria, hell they are germans too. BMW and Audi's are both German cars right?

You my friend have a conception that if you speak alike, look alike, have somewhat similar culture due to similar roots, its the same country.

Thats what they wanted to do by creating the Grossdeutchland.

Go in Moldavia, where Russians forced themselves there, everybody needs to learn Russian, act like a Russian, ask a Moldavian what he is, he will not say he is Russian.

Kostitsyn is Belorussian not Russian, I don't care who you are, anignorant, a Russian, a xenophobe, or a Harvard geography teacher.

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 08:47 AM
  #37
marchabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
Ok ok ok so what you are saying is that perron is an ethnologist right, cause he went to Russia, to Kazakhstan to Belarus and he said hey, they all look alike, talk alike, i guess they have the same culture, hell they are all russians. So perron isn't ignorant and xenophobic correct? He is actually smart, and weights his words before speaking!

So thats why if a Vietnamese or a Korean player makes it to the nhl, he will say, ''moe j'veu pas de chinois'' and it will be correct because from his point of view, they all look alike, kind of speak alike (even though it's not the case) so it's not offending to call koreans, Vietnamese, Japanese etc etc Chinese. You just take the biggest country of em all and call them all Chinese right

So then if you go to austria, hell they are germans too. BMW and Audi's are both German cars right?

You my friend have a conception that if you speak alike, look alike, have somewhat similar culture due to similar roots, its the same country.

Thats what they wanted to do by creating the Grossdeutchland.

Go in Moldavia, where Russians forced themselves there, everybody needs to learn Russian, act like a Russian, ask a Moldavian what he is, he will not say he is Russian.

Kostitsyn is Belorussian not Russian, I don't care who you are, anignorant, a Russian, a xenophobe, or a Harvard geography teacher.
we ACCEPT that he's not russian but we DONT CARE. thats two things.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:15 AM
  #38
FuriousBob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
God I would delete french from Quebec and I am a french Quebecer. The only thing it does for us is making us looking pathethic over stupid debates like: Why didn't A.Kost said 'Je Suis'.... C'mon we dont ******* care what he says... + Media are just picking on him for every litle thing because they decided it's gonna be him that they will hate this year since Koivu and etc are all gone.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:20 AM
  #39
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
Jean Perron needs to cut back on the yeyo.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:26 AM
  #40
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,107
vCash: 500


You may use as you please.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:51 AM
  #41
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,088
vCash: 500
just write in letters to the crtc. A bunch of us from the canadiens.com board did it when that guy said 'kosto-****in-poulos" and they replied saying he would never be on the show again.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:51 AM
  #42
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post


You may use as you please.


That's gold.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM
  #43
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
the real point of perron to a certain extent was that GMs rely on north-american born players for their 3rd and fourth line. whether it is because those russians who would fit there are staying in the khl or it's because they wouldnt bring the energy desired is another debate.

so all your argument about "hey, I would take ovechkin anytime" are useless and confirm you talk before knowing what it was that was said. usual stuff.
No, it's not another debate.
You can't possibly claim something and after someone brings up a probable reason for it you say it's another debate. That's completely stupid.

There's absolutely no reason for a 3rd or 4th line Russian player to go play in the NHL where they'll get less ice time and less money.
Even some Russian players that would crack the top6 in a NHL team are going back to play in KHL for the money.

The talent of a 3rd or 4th line player is not as rare a thing than the one of a top 6player.
If there was a 3rd line Russia player available that's seen as the next Draper (in his prime), then you can bet anything any GM would be interested. Why wouldn't they?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:14 AM
  #44
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
What's Perron point by saying teams wont use russian players on their 3rd line... It's basically common knowledge.

The only player I can remember is Artem Chubarov who was actually pretty decent at it.

Also I find funny that Perron keeps saying Skost is a headcase and all then he says something like, unless they come at 18 or 19 they are all mercenaries. Sergei came at 18, gotta be here to play for the Montreal Canadiens, RIGHT????

Sergei got here at 18
Ovechkin got here at 19

Sergei > Ovechkin

Right??

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:21 AM
  #45
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,113
vCash: 500
Artyukhin's a pretty good 4th liner and guess what he's russian !

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:53 AM
  #46
suprez
Registered User
 
suprez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 819
vCash: 500
It's not because Andrei = lazy .. That because he's shy and respect too much the french canadinan to massacre our language.

MARIO LEMIOUX anyone?

Each time i hear that i'm like facepalming.

Or my favorite

Ray book
*Raymond BOurque*

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:02 PM
  #47
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Andrei malignes both our official languages.

I only hold him accountable for what he does each 45 seconds he is on the ice.

Boring, eh?

NWT Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:46 PM
  #48
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
They come to play hockey, they're paid to play hockey. They didn't come here to become Quebecois, they didn't come to become us. Its like if Don Cherry were to criticize Grabovsky for having an accent when he speaks english. Why is this kind of stuff on Quebec tv and radio???

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:49 PM
  #49
DeVries*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In your face
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Do you need a specific nationality to be a lazy sac of crap?

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 01:25 PM
  #50
marchabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
oh, btw, once again, YOU GUYS make it a big deal about andrei "je suis" incident. I watch lattaque a 5 and they showed it only to talk about it 1 min. anyways.

you guys hype so many things that you actually believe yourselves. NOBODY cares about the andrei thing. NOBODY.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.