HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Bruins @ Coyotes (10/17/09)

Old
10-17-2009, 09:41 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
It is quite amusing reading the opponents boards 'cause apparently our opponents never bring their A-game.
Actually, I was surprised to see the Blues and Sharks crediting our team for playing really well.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
MP

Who is this Breezegalov they keep mentioning? Sounds like he's a pretty solid goalie.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

How about them Coyotes? 4-1 going into the 3rd period? Helluva a good job. That shot by Upshall was a beauty. Now lets just bunker down and play solid "D" in front of Bryz.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:43 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Please don't let the Bruins come back.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

A Gretzky coached Coyotes would have fallen apart after the Stuart goal.

Also, what's up 2 for 3 on the powerplay?

Amazing shot by Upshall.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
SR

Absolute beauty from Upshall. Doesnt get any better than that.

SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:51 PM
MP

Wow. Brian Burke's reputation is going to take a serious hit if the Leafs don't snap out of it.

Old
10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
MP

And Jovo with the potty mouth. "****in' A, boys," if my lip-reading is correct.

Old
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
MP

I want to throw them from the broadcast booth into the lower bowl.

Old
10-17-2009, 10:31 PM
MP

All right... before I promise to stop chain-posting...

Why the hell wasn't this game televised?

Old
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Awesome win today, now time to recharge the batteries and beat the Red Wings on Thursday.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Great win tonight!

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Shane Doan oh so quietly with 3 assists tonight.

Upshall goal was a beaut. Perhaps the best game played so far?

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Jakeman

Great game to watch.... the defence was was wicked. I caught the game on ustream broadcasting from Nesn.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
All right... before I promise to stop chain-posting...

Why the hell wasn't this game televised?
I dunno, but it seems that saturday games are pretty much universally not televised for the yotes. An attempt to increase in stadium attendance?

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

And can anyone else here notice a difference already in Bryz with Burke as the goaltending coach? You think him being #1 in goalie stats so far is just a coincidence?

Now Bryz has always been known to let up a softie per game. So far he's been cutting down on those, and also.. reacting much more maturely when a goal like that goes in on him. When he first got here, he was very reactionary towards letting in goals. Certainly doesn't seem like Bryz is having a clashing of the minds.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
TucsonYotesFan

Quote:
I dunno, but it seems that saturday games are pretty much universally not televised for the yotes. An attempt to increase in stadium attendance?

I think that it has more to do with FSN broadcasting UA or ASU sports on Saturdays. I was happy with the Center Ice free preview allowing me to watch the game.

I'm loving the way the team has gotten off to a decent start this year. A poor start would have been disastrous. A few more goals and some consistent winning might actually light a fire under the fan base. I'm disgusted with the number of empty seats. Hopefully, the ownership issue gets resolved sooner rather than later and fans realize it's OK to support the team because they're not going anywhere!

Go Yotes!!!!

TucsonYotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:07 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Great win tonight, we are starting to make some noise. We are playing with confidence and just keep finding ways to win games. Tonight was pure domination, we just wanted this one more then the Bruins. This whole trap thing has bugged the **** out of teams, Keep it up.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
And can anyone else here notice a difference already in Bryz with Burke as the goaltending coach? You think him being #1 in goalie stats so far is just a coincidence?

Now Bryz has always been known to let up a softie per game. So far he's been cutting down on those, and also.. reacting much more maturely when a goal like that goes in on him. When he first got here, he was very reactionary towards letting in goals. Certainly doesn't seem like Bryz is having a clashing of the minds.
I've heard a few comments this season that Bryz hasn't been tested yet. I'm starting to think that is because of his calmness in front of the net. It seemed before like he was always flopping around and his signature move was to slide across the crease and out of position. I don't see any of that any more. I think may be he is just making it look easy.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:37 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post

It looks like they're getting along swimmingly. That, or Bryz already hates him so much that he's playing his ass off because he's trying to avoid him.

Old
10-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
At least it's bigger than Thursdays crowd.
The crowd tonight wasn't big, but they were loud and into the game. After a few shifts the entire crowd figured out it was good to boo Wheeler and every time he touched the puck the entire crowd booed. It was great.

The last 30 seconds or so the entire crowd gave the team a standing. It seems to me that the fans that are showing up are more of the true hockey fans. I listen to the comments around me and people actually know who Vern Fiddler is and have a better understanding of the game.

I think it's the more casual fans that are staying away right now. If this team keeps winning (and Bettman gets the ownership issue squared away) people are going to start coming back. I think it's just a matter of time.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 11:50 PM
indczn

Bryz has been playing very solid this season. Sure the team isn't giving up near as many good scoring chances, but Bryz has been positionally sound, and there haven't been very many rebounds.

He stoned savard (i think it was him) on the breakaway when we were up 1-0. The goal was a screen, but hes even getting most of those so far. Also, the team in front of him is breaking up alot of plays. Its been great to watch.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Alamo

Solid. The only word that can describe them tonight.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:09 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
The crowd tonight wasn't big, but they were loud and into the game. After a few shifts the entire crowd figured out it was good to boo Wheeler and every time he touched the puck the entire crowd booed. It was great.

The last 30 seconds or so the entire crowd gave the team a standing. It seems to me that the fans that are showing up are more of the true hockey fans. I listen to the comments around me and people actually know who Vern Fiddler is and have a better understanding of the game.

I think it's the more casual fans that are staying away right now. If this team keeps winning (and Bettman gets the ownership issue squared away) people are going to start coming back. I think it's just a matter of time.
I hope this happens, and very soon. I figured attendance would take a hit because of the crap Moyes pulled and the lack of an owner, but this is embarrassing.

Anyways, great effort tonight from the guys. Hopefully Yandle's goal will get him going, and it's nice to see Upshall with two goals in two games.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:19 AM
letbob

[QUOTE=Art.Vandelay;21656016]The crowd tonight wasn't big, but they were loud and into the game.

I was there tonight. Team was energized and in synch on both ends of the ice. Boston had to be wondering what hit them tonght. They were out played and out hustled on both ends of the ice. I was also impressed by the energy of the crowd (maybe 9-10K) throughout the game.....especially the standing ovation for the last minute of play.

I go to a lot of games as an STH. I know it's early.... but it "feels" like a very different team this year.

letbob is offline   Reply With Quote