HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes @ Devils

Old
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Cardiac_Canes

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivwhaler View Post
Wow, Ilya>Alex?? I don't think you'll find anybody outside of Atlanta who'll agree with you on that one. That's just crazy talk.
An argument can be made for either one being better, but they're definitely not as far apart as you seem to think. Kovalchuk is amazing.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 11:11 AM
stivwhaler

I could come up with some arguments why GW was a good president, but they'd be very weak arguments that nobody would buy except delusional nutbags, but I could come up with some.

stivwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivwhaler View Post
I could come up with some arguments why GW was a good president, but they'd be very weak arguments that nobody would buy except delusional nutbags, but I could come up with some.
Great to see you're open to other people's opinions. We need more posters like you around here.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
An argument can be made for either one being better, but they're definitely not as far apart as you seem to think. Kovalchuk is amazing.

I definitely agree with that. One of the only true differences between the two is Ovechkin's physical game in comparison to Kovalchuk. Aside from that, they're quite comparable and 2 of the games most dynamic LW'ers.

It's funny this came up, the guys on hockey central at noon on the Fan 590 (Kypreos and Millard) were just talking about this today in terms of how far Ilya Kovalchuk has come and where he is at in terms of his all-around game, both on and off the ice and how Kovalchuk isn't all that different from Ovechkin. Ilya most certainly deserves credit for where he has gotten himself at this point in his career. He has made tremendous strides over the last few years.

Last edited by Guerzy: 10-19-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 08:33 AM
QuitStaaling

Send a message via AIM to QuitStaaling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I definitely agree with that. One of the only true differences between the two is Ovechkin's physical game in comparison to Kovalchuk. Aside from that, they're quite comparable and 2 of the games most dynamic LW'ers.

It's funny this came up, the guys on hockey central at noon on the Fan 590 (Kypreos and Millard) were just talking about this today in terms of how far Ilya Kovalchuk has come and where he is at in terms of his all-around game, both on and off the ice and how Kovalchuk isn't all that different from Ovechkin. Ilya most certainly deserves credit for where he has gotten himself at this point in his career. He has made tremendous strides over the last few years.
Yep. IK>AO.....

QuitStaaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitStaaling View Post
Yep. IK>AO.....
So if you were an NHL GM in some sort of other-worldly draft scenario where you had the first pick between those two, you'd choose Kovalchuk?

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
So if you were an NHL GM in some sort of other-worldly draft scenario where you had the first pick between those two, you'd choose Kovalchuk?
I know you weren't quoting me, but for the sake of conversation I'd definitely still choose Ovechkin myself, even though I don't believe Kovalchuk is miles off in terms of what they can do on the ice when comparing the two. I'd take Ovechkin over anyone in the league.

Old
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
QuitStaaling

Send a message via AIM to QuitStaaling
Quote:
Why did you have to ask that?

I really, reallly can't stand AO's retarded antics. I hate looking at him and hearing him speak. I like the fact he stood up for playing in the Olympics in Russia though.

So my opinion is obviously based on Ilya's ability to score goals (equal to AO's) + Ilya's maturity level / AO's retardeness. Either is worthy of an overall first selection so I choose.............................Ilya. SURPRISE! And please don't say I would love AO if he palyed for Carolina.

Oh, last season I had the first overall in a fantasy draft. I planned to draft AO first and package him up with some player for Ilya + someone. Which I did. This was yahoo fantasy. I ended up working a three team trade.
I ended up trading AO + Alfresdon for Ilya and Eric Staal. I won the league. I dont know if the trade was in my favor but the end results were terrific.

So I guess I would daft AO first overall. I'm eating crow!

Last edited by QuitStaaling: 10-20-2009 at 11:00 AM.
QuitStaaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
geehaad

For grins, I was just looking at their stats so far this season...Ovechkin has *61* shots on goal in 8 games. Wow.

Oh, I just realized that this is the Hurricanes/Devils GDT...sorry all!

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
2 Late 2 Anton

Send a message via AIM to 2 Late 2 Anton Send a message via MSN to 2 Late 2 Anton
Quote:
For grins, I was just looking at their stats so far this season...Ovechkin has *61* shots on goal in 8 games. Wow.

Oh, I just realized that this is the Hurricanes/Devils GDT...sorry all!
No no, that's okay. I don't think this is the kind of game that we want to keep talking about. You have to be a real pessimist to want to keep talking about this game.

But yeah, I wonder when Ovie's going to trail off? He's not going to score 92 goals this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he pots 70. Totally expecting him to break Phil Esposito's shots on goal record, though.

2 Late 2 Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Worst team in the league by far. An absolutely horrendous forward group combined with a pylon defense that can't execute a simple breakout. But at least they are "gritty", right? (Grit >>>>>>> transition, speed, offense and winning).

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Old
10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I love the makeup of our team, especially on the blueline. We just need production from everybody except Cam Ward to increase. We've played a harder schedule than we give ourselves credit for. If we lose 2 out of the next 3, then you can crank this complaining back up.... but I have a feeling we're about to reel off three straight on the road. Stay tuned.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:49 AM
canesnecu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I love the makeup of our team, especially on the blueline. We just need production from everybody except Cam Ward to increase. We've played a harder schedule than we give ourselves credit for. If we lose 2 out of the next 3, then you can crank this complaining back up.... but I have a feeling we're about to reel off three straight on the road. Stay tuned.
^This. Excuse or not, our schedule has outright sucked. They played very tough teams, rematches from the playoffs and have 3-4 day lag times inbetween games. How does anyone think they can get in a groove like that? I didnt even mention the injuries cuz all teams face that but if anyone overlooks the lack of pre season practice games for the vets they're not looking at the whole story. Give the team a break for at least a few more games till they can get in some kind of groove where theyre practicing and playing every day. If you were one of the guys calling for the rehire of Lavi, your too late cuz hes' taken.

For the rest of you

Last edited by canesnecu: 10-21-2009 at 08:54 AM.
canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote