HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"What Goalies?" - 10.15.09 - Nashville vs. Chicago

Old
10-15-2009, 02:15 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
"What Goalies?" - 10.15.09 - Nashville vs. Chicago

vs.

@

About Nashville
StatScore
Record2-3-0, 4 points
Divsion Rank5th
Conference Rank14th
Goals For7
Goals Against17
Power Play5.9% (30th)
Penalty Kill68.4% (24th)
Record vs. Chicago (since 2003-04)18-14-3-1

Nashville Injury Report

PlayerInjuryStatus
Jordin TootooGroinOut
Jean-Pierre DumontConcussionDoubtful
The Rest of the TeamDermal Underlayer Deficiency Syndrome (DUDS)Doubtful

Nashville Projected Lineup

GocArnottHamhuis
HörnqvistWilsonBouillon
SullivanLegwandLaakso
BelakEllisJones

Weber Suter
Guite Klein
Smithson O'Reilly

Rinne 

About Chicago
StatScore
Record4-1-1, 9 points
Division Rank1st
Conference Rank2nd
Goals For23
Goals Against18
Power Play25.0% (T-11th)
Penalty Kill80.0% (15th)
CaptainJonathan Toews
Head CoachJoel Quenneville

Chicago Team Leaders
StatPlayerScore
GoalsPatrick Sharp5
AssistsKris Versteeg, Brian Campbell5
PointsPatrick Sharp 9 (5g+4a)
Power Play GoalsCam Barker2
Power Play PointsCam Barker, Kris Versteeg3
Short Handed GoalsDuncan Keith1
Short Handed PointsDuncan Keith, Kris Versteeg, Jonathan Toews1
ShotsPatrick Kane26
Shooting PercentageDustin Byfuglien25.0%
Plus-MinusPatrick Sharp, Brian Campbell, Jonathan Toews+5
Penalty MinutesTroy Brouwer13
HitsTroy Brouwer21
Blocked ShotsDuncan Keith14
GiveawaysDuncan Keith, Patrick Kane5
TakeawaysAndrew Ladd6
Turnover DifferentialLadd+6
Faceoffs WonJonathan Toews64-42
Faceoff Percentage (Min. 15)Toews60.4%
Time On IceBrent Seabrook25:42
WinsAntti Niemi3-0-0
Minutes PlayedCristobal Huet195
SavesCristobal Huet59
Save PercentageAntti Niemi.912
Goals Against AverageAntti Niemi1.73
ShutoutsAntti Niemi1

Chicago Injury Report
PlayerInjuryStatus
Marian HossaShoulderOut
Adam BurishKneeOut
Ben EagerProbable ConcussionDoubtful

Chicago Projected Lineup

VersteegToewsSharp
ByfuglienBollandKane
LaddMaddenBrouwer
KopeckyFraserSkille

Seabrook Keith
Campbell Barker
Hjalmarsson Sopel

Huet 

I'll put up the stats later. Or I may not. The team doesn't want to put in much effort, neither will I.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 10-15-2009 at 06:11 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:19 AM
goalscorer

A few thoughts to ponder...

Ive noticed the last few games that none of our guys can make or recieve a pass. Theyre either nowhere close to being acceptable or our guys panic and for some reason cant catch it. Id say thats a pretty basic/fundamental task that anyone on a professional hockey team could manage to do. Make good passes and for crying out loud catch one every now and again. Whats the problem? No chemistry?

Someone in last nights GDT stated that maybe Trotz has lost our players. Could be the case. Im no coach, but I wonder what would be the best approach from here. Yelling and screaming are definately justifed, but IF your are trying your best, getting yelled at will only make it worse. It adds more pressure and therfore your play wont be natural. Youll force shots/passes, take more penalties trying to show your effort and eventually start believing that the team is horrible yourself. On the other hand, if you baby them and create excuses then you create the mind set that this kind of play is acceptable. Well see how good Trotzy is over the next couple of weeks. The Ill make an opinion of whether hes lost our guys or not.

Id have to imagine that Freeman and his staff are more than concerned right about now. I dont want to go the entire season this way, but one bright side may be that this will open everyones eyes to what most of us have been saying the last few months/years, WE NEED SCORING. Hell we need just about everything at the moment, but I guarentee that if we had just that one go to guy/ gamebreaker things may not be so bad right now. We need those players on our team. Look at Pat Kane the other night. Down 5-0 in the first. Leads the play to get his team the W. Granted everyone stepped up, but he IMO created the hope for his teams comeback.
Sorry to rant so long. I hope we stop the bleeding NOW.

I will lastly say this. Ive been a huge Preds fan since 2000, but if we miss the playoffs again because of this kind of play and Poile cant get the players/staff we need, I'm moving on. Heres to Kovy in a Preds sweater next season.

Last edited by goalscorer: 10-15-2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: typo
goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 06:51 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
Heres to Kovy in a Preds sweater next season.
Not even in your dreams.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Not even in your dreams.
Yes, if my dreams are NHL 10.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Love the first picture "It's not cricket!"

Oh what the hell:

Preds actually score a goal in a 3-1 loss to the Hawks.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Love the first picture "It's not cricket!"

Oh what the hell:

Preds actually score a goal in a 3-1 loss to the Hawks.
That's quite a brave prediction considering the offense Chicago has and the amount of goals the Preds have been allowing. Then again, maybe whoever starts in goal for Nashville tonight actually has a brilliant game and the offense manages 2-3 goals and Nashville wins it 2/3-0/1. In fact, I'm making a real life bet for those scores... make me some money for the weekend, Preds...

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Jarnberg

With all that Chicago offense, this one could get ugly quickly.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
With all that Chicago offense, this one could get ugly quickly.
if we dont lose the game in the first 5 minutes it will be kinda like winning the Cup for me.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
if we dont lose the game in the first 5 minutes it will be kinda like winning the Cup for me.
Honestly, that is what the team is going to have to do to right this ship. Break the game up into smaller segments and see if they can't string together a few in a row to build some confidence.

Tonight, they've gotta probably start with the first 2:30 or so where everyone will get a shift to get their feet moving and get into the game. We generally roll all four lines early in the contest for quick shifts (30-40 seconds), then settle in a bit. The start will be the first key to the game tonight.

Then, you probably are going to focus on your second and third shifts coming through the next 3-4 minutes up until the first TV timeout. See if we can't generate any offense, see if we can bend, but not break in our own end, and see if we can keep our energy level up to compete with a very fast, very aggressive team.

From thereon, you are probably looking to take it from TV timeout to TV timeout and then review, regroup, and refocus for the next period at intermission.

Must avoid the "slippery slope" curse and have short memories when it comes to goals for and against. Play in the moment and not get caught focusing on the last 6 periods of hockey. Can't go back and change it now...

Gotta take something away from the past two games, bottle up that disgusted feeling in the pit of your stomach, and use it as motivation to right the ship. This is truly gut-check time. We will not see the same team return from this road trip they embark on after tonight if things do not change. They know this, we know this, hopefully it scares the bejeebers out of everyone from the coaching staff to the players and hopefully they are able to harness that fear and allow it to bring out the best in everyone...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:50 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

They should bill this as " Come see what might be Barry's last home game as Preds head coach". A loss tonight coupled with a bad road trip could be the last straw. I have been a Trotz supporter ( or not a Trotz hater) but this team is playing awful hockey right now and I can't see it turning around soon. I was explaining to my wife how bad this team is right now.
1) only 3 guys have scored
2) 1 power play goal
3) 1 goal total in last 3 games
4) 12 goals against in last 2

She asked why i am even going tonight I couldn't come up with a good answer. As a season ticket holder since day 1. I'm starting to lose hope already.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Honestly, that is what the team is going to have to do to right this ship. Break the game up into smaller segments and see if they can't string together a few in a row to build some confidence.

Tonight, they've gotta probably start with the first 2:30 or so where everyone will get a shift to get their feet moving and get into the game. We generally roll all four lines early in the contest for quick shifts (30-40 seconds), then settle in a bit. The start will be the first key to the game tonight.

Then, you probably are going to focus on your second and third shifts coming through the next 3-4 minutes up until the first TV timeout. See if we can't generate any offense, see if we can bend, but not break in our own end, and see if we can keep our energy level up to compete with a very fast, very aggressive team.

From thereon, you are probably looking to take it from TV timeout to TV timeout and then review, regroup, and refocus for the next period at intermission.

Must avoid the "slippery slope" curse and have short memories when it comes to goals for and against. Play in the moment and not get caught focusing on the last 6 periods of hockey. Can't go back and change it now...

Gotta take something away from the past two games, bottle up that disgusted feeling in the pit of your stomach, and use it as motivation to right the ship. This is truly gut-check time. We will not see the same team return from this road trip they embark on after tonight if things do not change. They know this, we know this, hopefully it scares the bejeebers out of everyone from the coaching staff to the players and hopefully they are able to harness that fear and allow it to bring out the best in everyone...

We actually started off looking very strong\dangerous in both the Edmonton and Dallas games. The quick first goal was what made the wheels fall off so fast.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:08 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
I really cannot blame people for not going. But I really think you should go anyway. It should count to you as a privilege to be able to go to the games. We have not been able to afford to go to games since about 2006. If you saw me at a game since then it was on my company's dime (or that one time I was with Pred303 in his box... thanks for that if you read this post, Steve!).

But then the level of play these 'players' are turning out is distressing.

My hope is the leaders/vets (Sully, Weber, Arnott, Legwand - yes, he should be one if he isn't by now - Erat, and Hamhuis) pull their own heads out of their butts and get the puck rolling in the right direction. I don't propose to know how to do that. Maybe Wilson and Jones (leaders of their previous teams) can have a quiet lunch to discuss how they think they would run things and maybe something sparks in their heads as to how to get the team going. Maybe the coaches wake up to how to get it done. I just do not know enough about what it takes to be a coach to tell anyone what to do. I rely on SLake and others to point out the whys and wherefores (and thanks to y'all).

So, come on Preds... wake up and smell the suck and try and prevent it already. You guys are allowed to lose... but try and take some pride off the ice with you, ok?

(and if you can't/don't want to use your tickets, lemme know! LOL! )

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Stop the bleeding!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Remember people, we are only 5 games into the season. Let's not start freaking out just yet.

In 07/08, we started the year 2-6-0, including getting shutout 2 times (one was a 0-6 loss), but we still made the playoffs.

With such a young roster, and the relatively high amount of roster changes, you have to expect some growing pains.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Remember people, we are only 5 games into the season. Let's not start freaking out just yet.

In 07/08, we started the year 2-6-0, including getting shutout 2 times (one was a 0-6 loss), but we still made the playoffs.

With such a young roster, and the relatively high amount of roster changes, you have to expect some growing pains.
To be fair, things were pretty different in 07/08. We squeaked in by being in the worst division in hockey. The Kings and Coyotes were both jokes. We're now in the toughest division, arguably, and there are no "weak" teams in the west, outside perhaps us and Detroit, at the moment.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Seth Lake

Dumont Demands, Trotz OK's...

JP is back in tonight...

http://twitter.com/NHLPredsInsider/status/4892803456

Old
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Seth Lake

Lines???

Quote:
look for O'Reilly with Legwand and Ward, possibly Erat tonight.
http://twitter.com/predsradio/status/4893297642

Hmm...now Trotz has me racking my brain for line combos...

Old
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
my favorite quote from morning skate "I'd like to just drop 'em and go old school, but you can't do that anymore." Barry Trotz
http://twitter.com/predsradio/status/4893394765

Old
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
They should bill this as " Come see what might be Barry's last home game as Preds head coach". A loss tonight coupled with a bad road trip could be the last straw.
If that is the case is it terrible of me to hope they bomb tonight and on the road trip? I've had enough of Trotz hockey.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Tapp

Don't know that I've ever posted line combos I'd like to see, but I wouldn't mind seeing Cal between Legwand and Erat - mostly because I'd really like to see what a Wilson, Hörnqvist and Ward line could do. Whatever Trotz does, given the intrasquad game and the first preseason game before Wilson got hurt, I hope he gives the Wilson, Hörnqvist combo another look.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:15 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
the only thing that just really keeps me out of panic mode right now is knowing that we have the same record as the mighty Detroit Red Wings. As long as we keep pace with them Im relatively happy.

Knowing that we are making changes and that Dumont is back tonight already has me much more optimistic.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
OpenWheel

Maybe Colin can get his first goal tonight, Leggy bangs one home from the wing, Hornqvist peppers them with shots and one actually goes in, Arnott plays with the intensity that he brings every few games, SHHEEEAAAA Weber fires a cannon home, and the defense shows up and communicates.

Preds WIN 5-2!!!!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:24 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Some music for tonight.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 05:39 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Not even in your dreams.
LOL, yeah. Had to post it though

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM
belle

I'm keeping my expectations low tonight. If a Pred scores a goal, I'm calling it a close game. If that goal is scored by someone other than the first line, it's an excellent game. If we score more than 2, we win - no matter what the scoreboard says.

Oh, and no more records for quickest number of goals scored against - not that it would be humanly possible.

It's okay with me if the team only dresses five defensemen. As long as neither Klein or Belak are allowed to play.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote