HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mon/Edm

Old
10-18-2009, 12:12 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Mon/Edm

Oil fan with a fantasy trade which helps Montreal with their problems on the blueline now and long down the road. Edmonton gets tougher, more scoring up front and cap space sooner down the road.

To Edmonton:

Andrei Kostitsyn - 3,250,000 for 2 years.
Paul Mara - 1,675,000 this year then UFA.
2nd rounder in '10/Yannick Weber/Ben Maxwell/P.K. Subban

To Montreal:
Lubomir Visnovsky - 5,600,000 for 4 years

Montreal eats some cap, but they can afford to with Markov out of the line-up.

Praise away!

Last edited by thadd: 10-18-2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention why Edmonton makes the deal.
thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
ugh... We just signed mara and he's pretty good as a 5th-6th D, we already traded away our 3rd rounder in 2010 so I think we're intent on keeping our higher draft picks, Weber Subban and Maxwell are important to the franchise in the next 5 years and why does everyone throw AK under the bus all the time?
As soon as Markov comes back we would have 3 defencemen making over 5.5M, one making 3.75ish (Spacek) and Gill making way more than he deserves... It's not smart to that much cap space for defencemen when, in essence, our main problem is scoring
Well thats not true, our main problem is everything but I think we're more interested in scoring goals because we're really having a hard time putting it in the net

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:33 AM
DumFries

So the Habs send some crap and a good prospect for Edmonton's expensive bad decisions. No thanks. The Canadiens have already an expensive underachiever in Gomez. They don't need another one in Visnovski.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
So the Habs send some crap and a good prospect for Edmonton's expensive bad decisions. No thanks. The Canadiens have already an expensive underachiever in Gomez. They don't need another one in Visnovski.
lol Visnovsky isn't an expensive underachiever. He's the Oilers best overall player, and it's not even really close.

Terrible, terrible deal for the Oilers

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:39 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
lol Visnovsky isn't an expensive underachiever. He's the Oilers best overall player, and it's not even really close.

and terrible deal for the habs too.
maxwell, subban and weber are
not part of any trade discussions.
gainey made his decision with Mac D to the Rags
and that was it.
those two dmen have top 4 potential and maxwell is our
second line center within 2 years

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Rpro

Quote:
This post shows that you have no idea who Visnovsky is. He's making what he deserves. To compare him to Gomez is just....

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:45 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Lubo isn't an underachiever. He's done nothing but impress since coming to Edmonton. I wouldn't go as far to say he's as good as Markov, but I think he's the 3rd best offensive defenseman playing in Canada this year. He'll easily pot 50 points, he's a demon on the PP, he makes elite level passes all time and he doesn't make mistakes in his own zone.

Montreal has few good young d-men coming up in the system but you can't tell me that they're going to be impact players any time soon and that's what Montreal needs NOW, since they've got so many big contract forwards playing in their prime.

Edmonton needs the extra skill on the LW. If they didn't, their top-4 d would be untouchable.

Old
10-18-2009, 12:51 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:

I dono. With the guys we've got brewing in the minors and the always noticeable improving play from Gilbert, Grebs and Smid; I think it's the kind of deal we're going to have to agree to if we want to be formidable up front.

In the salary cap world it takes a moron to make a deal which moves a blockbuster deal, but this one gives us cap space, toughness and LW scoring now.

With our current roster I kinda think we'll end up with a 13th-18th draft position which isn't anything to write home about.

Old
10-18-2009, 12:55 AM
DumFries

Visnovsky is overrated. Mtl already has better and cheaper Visnovsky's in Hammer and Spacek. They both double the points Visnovsky makes.

Good job Lowe giving 7 million to this guy. Now the Oilers want to dump him.

Old
10-18-2009, 12:57 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Visnovsky is overrated. Mtl already has better and cheaper Visnovsky's in Hammer and Spacek. They both double the points Visnovsky makes.

Good job Lowe giving 7 million to this guy. Now the Oilers want to dump him.
100 pts for a defenseman is unheard of. Please, don't smoke crack.

Old
10-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
He'll easily pot 50 points, he's a demon on the PP, he makes elite level passes all time and he doesn't make mistakes in his own zone.
Basically, what you're saying is that Visnovsky is the kind of player every team wishes they had - not to mention signed for this season and the next three - and that you'd be willing to trade him for an average second liner, a bottom pairing defenseman who will be UFA at the end of the season and a pick or a prospect who may never become an impact player at the NHL level.

Makes sense to me.

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:59 AM
JustinCider

Yay! the Habs are best. no one can beat them, they win every game.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:00 AM
DumFries

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
100 pts for a defenseman is unheard of. Please, don't smoke crack.
I think you are the one smoking crack no offense. Markov is ten times better and makes considerably the same amount or less than Visnovsky and Markov has double the points your Visnovsky produces.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:02 AM
JustinCider

I hate the proposed deal. I dont want anything from Montreal, except maybe Price. They are not a good trading partner for the Oilers. They can keep the Kost. bros., the Oilers don't want them.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:03 AM
JustinCider

I also like Markov, but he's hurt.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
I think you are the one smoking crack no offense. Markov is ten times better and makes considerably the same amount or less than Visnovsky and Markov has double the points your Visnovsky produces.
You make us all look like retards

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
There is no way in heck the Habs can have Lubo for that pittance of an offer.

Valic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Since the lockout Visnovsky and Markov have identical point per game production rates. Markov is also a more expensive player.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Although I love the idea of having Andrei Kostitsyn (and possibly Sergei Kostitsyn) on the Oilers, I wouldn't want to give up Visnovsky.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:12 AM
DumFries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs0492 View Post
You make us all look like retards
Really now??? How???

Old
10-18-2009, 01:16 AM
DumFries

Quote:
Since the lockout Visnovsky and Markov have identical point per game production rates. Markov is also a more expensive player.
Visnovski cap hit is 5.6 million for 4 years while Markov is at 5.75. You must remember that Visnovski is getting 7 million this year and 6 after that. Markov's contract ends in 2 years from now and is getting 5.75 million per season. Seems however I am the retard and that Markov is more expensive.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
I hate the proposed deal. I dont want anything from Montreal, except maybe Price. They are not a good trading partner for the Oilers. They can keep the Kost. bros., the Oilers don't want them.
Except maybe price lol

Basically you're like "The Oilers are the best and we don't need your ****, but we'll take your goalie off your hands I guess"

You sound so... condescending, I'm sure people love that 'quality' about you

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:21 AM
DumFries

I am sick and tired of these proposed deals from people who think of unloading big contracts their GM's make to players to other desperate teams. This is why players are so greedy nowadays. They use GMs and Lowe was really desperate a few years ago.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:21 AM
elsubz

Andrei is staying with the habs, kthxbye.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Rpro

Quote:
I am sick and tired of these proposed deals from people who think of unloading big contracts their GM's make to players to other desperate teams. This is why players are so greedy nowadays. They use GMs and Lowe was really desperate a few years ago.
Again, Visnovsky has a decent contract, try to explain how he doesn't. Watch the guy play sometime. If you want an example of a desperate GM, look no further then Bob Gainey and the deals he dished out this off-season.

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote