HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Anyone have problems with Vapor XXV skate?

Old
10-16-2009, 09:29 PM
JayK47

vCash: 500
Anyone have problems with Vapor XXV skate?

I had it for about 8 months and I noticed my ankle bone (two small round bones that stickout each side of your ankle) hurts every time I put on skates. (right foot, inside) It started to do that recently and it hurt so bad that I cant even skate anymore. I took a closer look at my skate and I realized that inside of my skate foam is pushed in all the way (my bone shaped it in) so there is only thin layer between my ankle bone and hard wall of the skate. so everytime I skate, my bone contacts the hard wall and I now have brused on it. do I need new pair of skate? or is there any quick fix for it? maybe some soft patch?
I skate hard about 3 times a week and i'm about 225lbs, I just spent 300bux 8months ago i dont want to drop another 300-500 for new skates.

JayK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
AIREAYE

Did you get your skates baked (heat moulded) to your foot when you bought it? This process reduces the break-in period drastically and should have been free when you bought the skate

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
JayK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Did you get your skates baked (heat moulded) to your foot when you bought it? This process reduces the break-in period drastically and should have been free when you bought the skate
oh yeah I did that.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
By reading the OP's post, you would notice that the foam has been "pushed in" so his ankle is rubbing up against the comp wall.

To OP, you should probably be able to either "add" some padding inside the skate or maybe roll your sock down so you have that extra bit of padding between your ankle and skate. If the padding is basically gone and your ankle is resting up against hard material it is going to hurt.

One way or the other you need to add more padding. I wouldnt worry about have to get a new pair of skates, you could fix this yourself.

Nigelbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

No, 1.5 years, still fantastic. My first pair of XIX (old XXV) killed my feet because I had the wrong size.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:00 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Yes,
I have pins in my ankles from when my foot was almost ripped off in a snowmobile accident. The pins push into the wall of the skate.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 02:36 PM
JayK47

I found some material for quick fix. I added some padding on the side of the skate boot. I gluded and taped over it. I'll wait about a week for my ankle to be healed then I'll try my ghettofied padded skate.

Old
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The Vapors had a narrower heel last year (XXV) than the previous year (XIX) or current year (X:40).

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote