HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5th straight

Old
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Habs514

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
We can't keep going forward with the same line-up. BG & JM need to make some changes at forward & D.

Bergeron has another assist tonight for Hamilton and is a +3. He now has 7 assists in 4 games and is a +9. Most of his assists are coming off rebounds from his shot. We need a shooter. He can shoot.

S. Kostitsyn can be a top 9 player on this team. He had a strong game for Hamilton last night and is having an even better one tonight. He was a little slow off the mark but then he hadn't played in a week.

I'd also call-up Tom Pyatt and give him a go as a 4th line centre & move Chipchura to wing.

Patches should be sent to the Bulldogs.
Good post. Completely agree.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

God, this might just be the start of another dark era in Montreal (a la 1998-2001 or if you're stricter, 1995-2003). We'll be set into rebuild mode if this season goes to hell and Gainey won't be around for it I'm sure. But what annoys me is how our young prospects progress so poorly at the pro level. Sure we can't get a top 5 draft pick but where is the building within? I somehow feel if we had drafted Carter, he'd be just another Kostitsyn too. It's really discouraging. Of course, Ribeiro does so well in Dallas. But I'm 100% sure he'd never have been so good on the Habs. He only had 50 pts. the last season and just 2 assists in 6 playoff games when we needed him the most.

Everything with potential we turn away becomes something special elsewhere while whoever we sign, draft or trade for just comes down to that usual level of Hab mediocrity. The 2007-08 season is the only time I've seen the Habs play like anything resembling an elite cup contender since 1993. Right now we're off to our worst start in years. Hell, without a hot Price early on we'd be either 1-5-1, 0-5-2, 0-6-1 or 0-7!!! I can't even remember the Habs chalking up loss #5 in any of the past four seasons until November! I think 2000 was the last time I was this unexcited by a Hab team in October.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

wow, if this is a team then what

by dec, we could be out of playoff status

where is the scoring?? and ak46 sucks

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
The biggest problem is we are a one line team. After our first line and Plekanec on the second no one else is contributing at all. I am not sure if its the new style of play or they just suck but this team looks horibble. As long as Bob doesn't trade our 1st round pick maybe a trade would help them out. I would try just bring up MAB and Sergei. They can't be worse then the garbage we have in the lineup now.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

i would fully support a tank i think its a great way of building a team and thats all the top teams did it pretty much and they should be as good for the next decade we need to get the star forward that shows up everynight
i still believe we have a good foundation but you not gonna put together a team which 6 out of 23 guys are new in such a short time
if we can get a top 4 pick in this draft we would be much better next season and in the near future plus we would be able to add some prospect depth by trading hamrlik gorges kostitsyns etc for picks and giving playing time to subban carle and weber

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
And he never will be a Hab ever, thank GOD!

And if he was called up what would he do? He isn't a point per game player and he isn't a game breaker, your grasping at straws.
He'd be 100 times better offensively on the second line compared to Pacioretty and he's able to play the point on the PP, he won't be a gamebreaker but he clearly can help this team.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
kigol

Posted via Mobile Device

kigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Originalsix

Quote:
And if it comes down to both us and the Leafs for the 1st overall we can always be happy with pick 2nd overall because the Leafs will lose the 1st overall to the Bruins (not crazy over that either, but at least it isn't the Leafs)!!!

Ditto, that's how I want it to work out
We've finished too many times in the middle of the pack. Need to tank for a few seasons like the Penguins, and get juicy pickings!

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Take this post over to the Hens board, maybe someone over there will give a crap !
Yo calm down, if it doesn't please you, doesn't mean others don't care.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
And he never will be a Hab ever, thank GOD!

And if he was called up what would he do? He isn't a point per game player and he isn't a game breaker, your grasping at straws.
When we called him up in 2007-2008, it was the turning point to us climbing up all the way to the 1st place... but noooo... let's keep watching Pacioretty skate around like a chicken with its head cut off.

He can't make all the difference, but he's still a huge improvement over D'Agostini and Pacioretty.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
sampollock

and bob is not getting this team two solid lines

we are 1 barely

Old
10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
MoonlightGraham

I know there's a part of bad luck to this with all the chances we've been missing in the first two periods. But what happened after the Kovalev goal was pathetic. I think it's a given Marc-André Bergeron will be called up. We need help moving the puck, big time.

Anyways, it's still early. I think the guys are nervous, especially the younger guys, as Brunet pointed out during the game. Once we win a couple of games they'll loosen up and we'll be fine. I'm glad Cammalleri finally put one in too.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:03 PM
sampollock

tank tank tank
and maybe we can get a kane type player

Old
couris

We have Cammalleri Gomez Gionta and Plekanec who are creating something... we still need a top 6 player as i said in the summer and we need a good motivated SergeK.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Tanking 7 games into the season? Jesus..

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kenny Powders

MAB is gonna be called up for sure for next game. I think S.Kost should have is chance back too.

Kenny Powders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:04 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Geez, you are not overreacting as far as the team is concerned but aren't you doing it as far as the fans are concerned?
The team is 7 games old, has shown some good things, and signs that it's improving (even if boxscore-obsessed fans won't admit it).

The fans have been stupid for years, got worse in the playoffs last year, and show no sign of improvement. Although I'm clearly exagerrating for hyperbole, and generalizing because not all Hab fans are bad... we still need to get off this notion that Habs fans are somehow the best in the world. They are very, very hard on their team, and I don't see how they're not a hindrance more often than not.

I mean, they booed Brisebois so hard, I can't see how that helped him fix what ailed him. Everyone who gets in a ******* slump is treated to the boo-birds, just to help him not recover. Fan stupidity in Montreal isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

Quote:
And what is that about "they know their hockey but don't" phrase of the month? Because they have opinions? Because they are expressing it?
Well, deciding when to boo, for one, is not one of their better skills. And have you listened to the average call-in show on CKAC? It's obvious that these people -- or at least, the ones that call in -- have very loud and very wrongheaded opinions. I don't bother listening anymore because everyone someone says something on them I roll my eyes and try to decide whether to groan or laugh.

Quote:
Though if we ask the crowd at the rink to stop booing, shouldn't we stop criticizing as well, 'cause that's almonst OUR version of booing right?
Boo the team when they're in a disaster of a game. Vancouver thumps them 7-1? Boo away.

They're bleeping snakebit? I don't think this was a boo-worthy game.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Pretty hard for Price to keep us in the game when the puck is always in our zone
say what?

We dominated this game for the most part. They only time they had sustained pressure was in during powerplays and in the last half of the 3rd. Aside from that, we were clearly the better club.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs13

What a crappy bunch of crap. Not only can this team not score for love nor money... they've found a way to make hockey as boring as anything I've ever seen on the television in the past decade. I'm almost tempted to watch baseball... almost.

I thought we may see a trap-like system with J.Martin behind the bench, but at least a good defensive system can be interesting to watch for it's elements of strategy.

This is just sad. Good job big Bob!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
C4KOMI

I remember when everybody couldn't stand Obyrne and wanted
to get rid of him ... fast.
this year he played a game or two and got injured
Now he's considered a big loss.
lol

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:05 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
We have Cammalleri Gomez Gionta and Plekanec who are creating something... we still need a top 6 player as i said in the summer and we need a good motivated SergeK.
or two good grinder types to open holes for the above mentioned

arrnott>>>>

Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
I remember when everybody couldn't stand Obyrne and wanted
to get rid of him ... fast.
this year he played a game or two and got injured
Now he's considered a big loss.
lol
I love what Ryan has done, but we'd still be in the same situation, it's not like he brings a great offensive side to the team.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
say what?

We dominated this game for the most part. They only time they had sustained pressure was in during powerplays and in the last half of the 3rd. Aside from that, we were clearly the better club.
We dominated the first five minutes and nothing more.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Native

vCash: 605
again, our second period killed us and could never really get back to our first period groove. it is indeed frustrating to watch us fall like this but realistically, we have a completely revamped team, players, coaches, philosophy etc, just give it time and some more patience. we'll only see this team come together by the end of this homestand, at the earliest.

bashing price is unwarranted. their pp goal was perfect, and the other two were trailers coming into the open slot. someone missed their coverage. plus, we lack an effective pp and our transition and offensive puck support are not proficient, yet.

lapierre-latendresse disappoint me, and plecs is the second line, on his own. we are missing a talented big body in our top 6. latendresse has the size but lacks the instinct and attitude.

i think mab will be up for our next game. we sorely lack a threatening weapon on our pp and when we've had the chances to take this game, we faltered and let it slip away.

come on, be patient, we're not so far off as the results may suggest.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:06 PM
sampollock

mtl should have tried to get a gaborick as well

but a could solild two way centre would be nice.