HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who has been a dissapointment so far?

View Poll Results: Who is not doing the job?
John Leclair 10 27.78%
Mark Recchi 7 19.44%
Michal Handzus 5 13.89%
Vladimir Malakhov 8 22.22%
Joni Pitkanen 4 11.11%
The entire 4th line 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Who has been a dissapointment so far?

Who is not holding his own in this first round?

Old
04-15-2004, 08:59 AM
MojoJojo

Malakhov, Pitkanen and Timmander have been disappointing so far. Pretty scary since thats half our defense right there.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:00 AM
John Flyers Fan

So far it would have to be the combination of Recchi and LeClair.

LeClair almost never scores against the Devils.

Recchi has seemed sluggish for about a month after clearly being our best player for most of the season. Hopefully we can end this on Saturday and get him a few days rest before the next series.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:20 AM
paxtang

I actually have thought Pitkanen has looked good whenever he's been on the ice, and Malakhov hasn't been too bad. To me, its a combo between Recchi after his solid playoffs last year and a great year, and Markov, who really isn't being as physical as I hoped he'd be.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Danny Markov (alough his play has picked up), and Mattias Timander. Recchi hasn't created a boatload of scoring chances, but he's finishing his checks and stiring thing up. Handzus has been as slow as ever, and seems to be having great difficulty with the quickness of the Devils defence.

Joni Pitkanen has been good, so has pretty much everybody else. Burke is also doing a good job opening the door at his end of the bench.

John LeClair has dissapeared as he pretty much always does in the playoffs.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:54 AM
blah

The Handzus line has been against the Madden line. Madden on Zues is a big reason why the Zhamnov line is scoring so well. I'm still looking at the Zues line to get better as the playoffs progress. Once players get tired Zues and LeClair will be a handful.

Outside of KJ the defense needs to step up bigtime.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Malakhov, Timander, Markov... These guys need to be physical and start punishing some forwards... ESPECIALLY that little POS Gionta. He's tiny, clear him the heck OUT! :mad:

Old
04-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Malakhov, Timander, Markov... These guys need to be physical and start punishing some forwards... ESPECIALLY that little POS Gionta. He's tiny, clear him the heck OUT! :mad:

I did see Malakhov absolutely kill someone in front of the net last night. I think it was Gionta because the guy only came up to Malakhov chest. I was totally shocked

Old
04-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Teezax

I agree that Johnsson is doing the job of 6 defenceman right now. He is only getting better and better. Unbelieveable to watch the progress he's made since we acquired him. And he really is turning into an offensive threat as well. I'm not going to do any complaining about our D, because it's been covered... i think they've been ok, but there is room for improvement. Recchi looks like he's hiding an injury because I've never seen him play so miserably...something's up. Panger mentioned something about him being sick and not telling the team...maybe that's it.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:10 AM
sinisalo

The whole D is playing timidly in the D zone.

Johnsson has been awseome getting into the O.

Pitkanen seems hesitant, but he has taken some monster hits as well, so that may be the reason. But I have not noticed many turnovers from him.

Malakhov has turned the puck over a lot.

Timander- I haven't even noticed him on the ice which could be good or bad.

Markov has not really played well IMO.

The team has given up too many shots, 35 last night. Great job Esche.

Why do Handzus and Leclair dissapear in the playoffs?

Primeau has been great this year for a change. I've been one of his biggest critics, but think he has been great.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisalo
Primeau has been great this year for a change. I've been one of his biggest critics, but think he has been great.
Unwillingly, I have to agree with you!

Old
04-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
I expected more from Recchi, especially on the PP. I'm disappointed. But, ths series isn't over yet...wait and see!

Old
04-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Dr Love

Considering Timmander is well, Timmander, that he scored a game winner (well, a goal that eventually became a game winner), puts him out of the category of dissapointment in my book. As for Pitkanen, the Flyers have scored what, 4 or 5 PPGs? Doubt that happens if he wasn't in the lineup. Sure, he's had some bad turnovers, but if doesn't score that goal maybe this series is 2-2. Handzus and Recchi need to step it up though. I half expect LeClair to no show in the playoffs.

People, let's not be negative, the Flyers are a win away from beating the Devils! ENJOY IT, DON'T NITPICK.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:34 AM
donelikedinner

give recchi a break. he's been fighting the flu for atleast 2 games and possibly longer.

as for the team as a whole, they're doing pretty well. hitch has them addressing their shortcommings from the previous games and their energy level has been very good. the only thing i would like to see is more of a "wall" along the blueline when the puck is moving into the defensive zone.

keep the vibe positive, these ain't your flyers of old, they're a whole new team. (only 4 players on the roster today were playing for the flyers on 2000)

Old
04-15-2004, 10:35 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
People, let's not be negative, the Flyers are a win away from beating the Devils! ENJOY IT, DON'T NITPICK.
C'mon Doc ... we're leading 3 games to one, and have the top 3 scorers in the playoffs (Roenick, Zhamnov and Johnsson with 6 points a piece) ... and you're happy ???

Old
04-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I did see Malakhov absolutely kill someone in front of the net last night. I think it was Gionta because the guy only came up to Malakhov chest. I was totally shocked
He's lucky because there could have easilly been a couple penalties on that play.

To me Timmaner & Pitkanen are not disapointing considering they are well rookies in the playoffs (not sure about Timmander but considering he was supposed to be our 7th or 8th dman he has played decent).

Malakhov is disappointing but we knew what we were getting...a lazy defensman who has size but doesn't use it...so he is not a disappointment because I didn't expect anything from him.

Rex has been slowed by the flu and will come to life.

Lecliar hasn't been on the scoresheet but has had a few chances and his work down low has been great.

You can't critisize the 4th line when they only play about 6 minutes a game and they have looked really good on the forecheck at times.

To me the biggest disapointment is Handzus, I thought after the regular season he would have brought it up a notch.

Runner Up is Markov...he is a solid dman but where are the huge hits I've seen him make in the playoffs before when he was in Toronto.

And yes to agree Johnsson has not only been our best dman, but besides Esche he has been our best player. He is tied for the team lead with 6, he is a +2 and has looked really solid in our own end.

Top 3 Players of the series

1)Esche
2)Johnsson
3)Primeau

Old
04-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Teezax

Up until yesterday's game, their 4th line was winning the battle against ours. And Im not complaining that Brash is only playing 6 mins, i think it's the best thing. I'd play him a little more at home to get the fans riled up with the big hits.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Dykhuis26

only in philly can your team be up 3-1 against the defending champions and we'll still have stuff to ***** about.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykhuis26
only in philly can your team be up 3-1 against the defending champions and we'll still have stuff to ***** about.
I agree. is it neccesary to nitpick? Flyers are up 3 games to 1. can you enjoy it? or would you rather have Handzus, Recchi and Leclair all with 4 goals each and be trailing in the series. You cant have everything.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I agree. is it neccesary to nitpick? Flyers are up 3 games to 1. can you enjoy it? or would you rather have Handzus, Recchi and Leclair all with 4 goals each and be trailing in the series. You cant have everything.
I'm not nitpicking, just curious. But every player must do their part if we want to win the cup. What happens if the Roenick and Primeau line are shut down? We need our other lines to step up, hopefully they will.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykhuis26
Your right, and it's a legitimate gripe against us but...

This team has let us down so many times in the past that it's very hard to beleive this team can win much of anything.

Old
04-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Apparently Recchi's flu was mentioned to no one till yesterday...whatta little tank he is. Leclair doesn't score vs the Devs in the playoffs. 0 goals in 17 games?? I thought Handzus was fine as well as the defense. Our blueline hasn't been that bad...they usually seem ok as long as they don't try to do too much. All they really have to do with our forwards is play safe and be big on the powerplay. I don't know if I've seen Zhamnov miss the net from anywhere yet...the guy is the true sniper we haven't had for the last few seasons, way to bring in the Russians Clarkie.
I'd say if I was disappointed with anyone in this series it would be Leclair...but I'm not that disappointed cause I'm thinking he'll have another round to pad his stats.

Old
04-15-2004, 06:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
give recchi a break. he's been fighting the flu for atleast 2 games and possibly longer.
there are no excuses in the playoffs. if you play, you are expected to produce.

Old
04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Recchi hasn't had his greatest series, had a nice goal in game two, yeah well

Handzus has been quiet, not a lot of physical play, and not the best on faceoffs

I've been disapointed with Malakhov since we traded for him, he just doesn't look like he's trying 100%

LeClair has taken on the devils' defense whenever we get the puck in the zone--it's our own fault for not getting enough forecheck opportunities set up to get John involved.

Pitkanen has played solid, especialy on the power play

Old
04-15-2004, 08:29 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
there are no excuses in the playoffs. if you play, you are expected to produce.

Closed Thread