HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Devils are a Disgrace!!!

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Coburnfan05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Goalies World magazine says Belfour is, based on their analysis of his technique, his ability to read the play, etc etc. Ottawa probably wouldn't argue with that right now....
Apparently Goalie magazine doesn't know sh**.

Marty is the best goalie today there is nobody better.

Belfour = 1 Cup

Marty = 3 Cups

Enough said.

Also throw in the fact that he has played probably 85% or so of his teams games every year and he has a chance to break some of Patrick Roys records.

Belfour is great but Marty is tops.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Flyers26

If I had to start a new team, and build from the net out, Marty would be my gaolie. Again, this is my opinion, and it's not a winable argument, as everyone will have a diffferent opinion.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:15 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan

Belfour = 1 Cup

Marty = 3 Cups

Enough said.

Also throw in the fact that he has played probably 85% or so of his teams games every year and he has a chance to break some of Patrick Roys records.

The magazine rated him first this year I dont care if Marty has a thousand cups-Having 3 cups on the back of his mask isnt going to curently help him with his technique and those lttle painted cups dont make him 3 inches taller to Luongo's height-RIGHT NOW Marty isnt the better goalie-I take him 3rd CURRENTLY

Old
04-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan

Belfour = 1 Cup

Marty = 3 Cups

Enough said.

Winning cups isn't necessarily a measure of how good a goalie is. By your logic, Tom Barrasso was a better goalie than Dominik Hasek because he had more cups, and Mike Vernon was at least equal to Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur with three cups. Brodeur is a great goalie, but he has obviously benefitted from playing with quality defensemen.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:57 PM
meehan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to meehan Send a message via AIM to meehan Send a message via MSN to meehan Send a message via Yahoo to meehan Send a message via Skype™ to meehan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Brodeur is a great goalie, but he has obviously benefitted from playing with quality defensemen.
As did Patrick Roy(Robinson, Chelios, Blake, Bourque, Foote etc etc) as did Belfour(Leetch, Hatcher, Zubov, Chelios etc etc) as did all of the so called great goalies. So, don't make it seem like Brodeur is the only one with a good team around him all these years.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
BigBully4

Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
As a Devil fan, reading the headline to a post like this makes me cringe. But then I come here and read every post and again, I'm proud to chat with Flyer fans who aren't afraid to admit that Roenick is fair game, Stevens is awesome and not to blame for Lindros' demise, and Marty is the best goalie in the world. I've said it before, but even though we're down 3-1, this has been a terrific series, and may the best team win. Well deserved, whoever it may be. And through it all, classy Flyer fans have made it a joy to come here and discuss this hard-fought series. Kudos, to everybody, both in the red and black, and the orange and black.

Let's see a double-OT thriller for Game Five!

Old
04-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBully4
As a Devil fan, reading the headline to a post like this makes me cringe. But then I come here and read every post and again, I'm proud to chat with Flyer fans who aren't afraid to admit that Roenick is fair game, Stevens is awesome and not to blame for Lindros' demise, and Marty is the best goalie in the world. I've said it before, but even though we're down 3-1, this has been a terrific series, and may the best team win. Well deserved, whoever it may be. And through it all, classy Flyer fans have made it a joy to come here and discuss this hard-fought series. Kudos, to everybody, both in the red and black, and the orange and black.

Let's see a double-OT thriller for Game Five!

Sorry man but in my opinion, taking a punch at another player's jaw, who just came back from a broken jaw & concussion is cowardly. I understand that a lot of people on this board disagree but both of those incidences still makes me sick and hate the devils even more. It is one thing if JR got hurt during the play (see Lindros incident) but taking a shot at his jaw, after the play is something I disagree with. Oh well, hockey is hockey I guess. The funny thing is though, karma came back and bit your cheep shot team in the a$$!

Last edited by Cuiffitelli: 04-15-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old
04-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I was disgusted over how the Devil player were taking shots at JR's jaw. They are so cheep it makes me sick. What was even more annoying was the fact that the refs let it go. If the NHL wants to clean up its image they need to protect superstars like JR who just recover from a broken jaw. I'll never agree with a ref comming between a fight but JR just had a major jaw injury!

:mad:
Yeah, it's not like the Flyers have responded by choosing not to take liberties with Gionta.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:37 PM
BigBully4

Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
I retract my previous post. This classless clown gives you guys a bad name.

All because you got your clock cleaned in some piss-poor bantam league. Go watch the f'in ballet. Devils have the least amount of PIMs year in and year out. Real dirty team. Learn your facts before spouting garbage to people who know a little bit more about the game.

I can't believe how much you're crying over the Devils playing hard-hitting hockey with one of the toughest guys in the league, Jeremy Roenick. HE'D be ashamed to read your clueless post.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Teezax

The rule of thumb is if you're in the game, you're in the game. It would be stupid for a player to deliberately try to injure someone who wears a shield (see Tie Domi on Shaun Van Allen) but if they're out there and need to be stopped, there is no limit to the physicality they might face by the opposition.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
Yeah, it's not like the Flyers have responded by choosing not to take liberties with Gionta.

Are they clearly taking liberties at a recently healed injury after the play?

Last edited by Cuiffitelli: 04-15-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old
04-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBully4
I retract my previous post. This classless clown gives you guys a bad name.

All because you got your clock cleaned in some piss-poor bantam league. Go watch the f'in ballet. Devils have the least amount of PIMs year in and year out. Real dirty team. Learn your facts before spouting garbage to people who know a little bit more about the game.

I can't believe how much you're crying over the Devils playing hard-hitting hockey with one of the toughest guys in the league, Jeremy Roenick. HE'D be ashamed to read your clueless post.

Temper temper......... What does PMs have to do with whether the shot at JR's jaw was cheep or not. Just because I don't like it does not mean everyone else does. It's called an opinion. By the way, tell your team that tee time is scheduled for 8:30 sunday morning.

Last edited by Cuiffitelli: 04-15-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old
04-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Are they taking clearly liberties at a recently healed injury after the play?
Yes.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
Yes.

Really!?! I did not know that! What injury did he have? When did he come back?

He played 75 games this year so this injury you speak of could not compare to a broken Jaw and concussion.

Last edited by Cuiffitelli: 04-15-2004 at 01:54 PM.
Old
04-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Really!?! I did not know that! What injury did he have? When did he come back?
He took a puck to the face point blank, from Paul Martin, hence the face-gear. He missed(someone help me out here) many games, and returned in April(last week of regular season).

Handzus finishing his check on Rafalski(came last game of regular season after Lapointe fell on his leg and broke it), by wrapping his arm around his head/neck and throwing him down to the ice is not exactly "clean" play.

I'd love to continue, but I have to go to work.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
He took a puck to the face point blank, from Paul Martin, hence the face-gear. He missed(someone help me out here) many games, and returned in April(last week of regular season).

Handzus finishing his check on Rafalski(came last game of regular season after Lapointe fell on his leg and broke it), by wrapping his arm around his head/neck and throwing him down to the ice is not exactly "clean" play.

I'd love to continue, but I have to go to work.

Again, he played 75 games this season so the injury could not have been that bad.

I never said the flyers were the cleanest team or the Devils were the dirtest, I just did not like the shot at JR's jaw. I thought it was super cheep.

Oh well....like I said, hockey is hockey

Old
04-15-2004, 03:04 PM
paxtang

Quote:
That's as close to a clean check as you'll get from Boardzus, so you'll take it and like it.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Here's my take...The Devs aren't a dirty team but there was a deliberate shot at JR's jaw in front of the net...IMO this can't be argued cause I was watching the game with 2 devs fans and one other Flyers fan and we were unanimous. Nice to see JR hold his own. We can't complain however cause we're giving as much as we're getting if not more. Marty isn't the most skilled goalie in the league at the moment...but he's the best. Does that make sense?? I know if I was starting a team it would be Luongo or Theodore. If I was loading up for a cup run it would be Marty hands down. Someone earlier said that there is no respect in the playoffs...but there is actually more than there is in the regular season, the play is just much more intense and the results are so final. After all, shaking hands is a sign of respect and it only happens after a playoff series.

Old
04-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Here's my take...The Devs aren't a dirty team but there was a deliberate shot at JR's jaw in front of the net...IMO this can't be argued cause I was watching the game with 2 devs fans and one other Flyers fan and we were unanimous. Nice to see JR hold his own. We can't complain however cause we're giving as much as we're getting if not more. Marty isn't the most skilled goalie in the league at the moment...but he's the best. Does that make sense?? I know if I was starting a team it would be Luongo or Theodore. If I was loading up for a cup run it would be Marty hands down. Someone earlier said that there is no respect in the playoffs...but there is actually more than there is in the regular season, the play is just much more intense and the results are so final. After all, shaking hands is a sign of respect and it only happens after a playoff series.
Well put!

Closed Thread