HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Marketing / Fan Interest

Old
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
AnalogMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Never seen one from them. I would definitely be interested in something like that since I just can't go to all 41 games.
Sure they do. Have for years. Five, 11 and 20-game plans.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=32750

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 11:44 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Sure they do. Have for years. Five, 11 and 20-game plans.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=32750
I think the original poster was referring to the ability to combine tickets - say you have 2 11 game plans, but want to combine 2 games to invite a couple more people to one game. You'd be going to 10 games instead of 11, but would use 4 tickets for one of the games.

I think this would be smart move. I've never been able to take a advantage of any of those plans - with a family of 4, I'd rather go to 5 or games per season lower-level than buy 4 11-game plans on the upper level. If I could basically buy tickets in bulk - 20 tickets usable for most games (I'm fine with the m taking the Wings and Leafs out of the deal), I would take advantage of that offer in a heartbeat.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Chootoi

Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at. They're more like ticket vouchers. If you buy a 10 pack you can pick and choose any combo of games and number of tickets that you want with those 10.

The other thing with the Flex packs around here is that it's not designated seating (unless you want it). They will always give you the choice of best available seating or picking where you want with the Flex packs.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at. They're more like ticket vouchers. If you buy a 10 pack you can pick and choose any combo of games and number of tickets that you want with those 10.

The other thing with the Flex packs around here is that it's not designated seating (unless you want it). They will always give you the choice of best available seating or picking where you want with the Flex packs.
Gotcha. I like that idea a lot.

Old
10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

I am sure that if you guys actually called and spoke to a ticket rep they would pretty much do anything to sale you tickets. Call them and bring up the idea, if they say they can't ask to talk to someone else. Honestly, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't work with the fans this year.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I think this would be smart move. I've never been able to take a advantage of any of those plans - with a family of 4, I'd rather go to 5 or games per season lower-level than buy 4 11-game plans on the upper level. If I could basically buy tickets in bulk - 20 tickets usable for most games (I'm fine with the m taking the Wings and Leafs out of the deal), I would take advantage of that offer in a heartbeat.
They will do that for you -- or something like it. Just give them a call. You can mix and match and still get the discounted price and stuff.

I bought an 11 game plan and took all my seats in the same section. But they'll let you tailor it. You can go with 3 games of 4 seats in the lower level and 2 game of 2 seats in the upper level, etc. The 5 game plan isn't a huge discount, but it's not bad.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotesVisitor View Post
They will do that for you -- or something like it. Just give them a call. You can mix and match and still get the discounted price and stuff.

I bought an 11 game plan and took all my seats in the same section. But they'll let you tailor it. You can go with 3 games of 4 seats in the lower level and 2 game of 2 seats in the upper level, etc. The 5 game plan isn't a huge discount, but it's not bad.
And why doesn't every potential Phoenix Coyotes fan know this? It's certainly not advertised or marketed that way inside or outside the arena.

Old
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
LT

Quote:
I'm with you on the originals, I almost always wear my black replica to games, though I don't think the current set is THAT bad.

But I will say the old greenie was repulsive.
Funny how peoples opinions very...I hated the old uniforms except for the green 3rd jersey. They absolutely needed new uniforms and even though I thought they could have done better I am happy with our current unis. We use to be made fun of when we had the old ones. Nobody outside of Phoenix liked them. Even Don Cherry laughed at them and said they look like a little kids jammies...lol. I agree!

One thing they tried to do is give the Coyotes a traditional looking hockey jersey and I am perfectly happy with them. I do wish they went a different way on their 3rd jersey because that is the one you should have fun with.

LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
Funny how peoples opinions very...I hated the old uniforms except for the green 3rd jersey. They absolutely needed new uniforms and even though I thought they could have done better I am happy with our current unis. We use to be made fun of when we had the old ones. Nobody outside of Phoenix liked them. Even Don Cherry laughed at them and said they look like a little kids jammies...lol. I agree!

One thing they tried to do is give the Coyotes a traditional looking hockey jersey and I am perfectly happy with them. I do wish they went a different way on their 3rd jersey because that is the one you should have fun with.
I have no problem if nobody else likes our original jerseys. From my experience they seem to be popular with most Coyotes fans, and that's more important to me than what other people think.

They could update them to be a bit more accessible, but I'd love for them to keep the colors and logo.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

I love my white kachina jersey. The red one is fine, I don't mind it and wear it often to games, but that white one looks awesome, unique, and I never get tired of it.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
AnalogMan

I put some of the ideas together and passed them on to my rep today. Here's his response:

Quote:
Marc,

I love it, thank you for sending this to me. I really do appreciate you and the other ticket holders for working to help create a more successful situation for us.

I have already passed along the e-mail and we are actually meeting today about various things and I will be bringing up a couple of your ideas.

Thanks again!
I sent him the Flex package, College Night, Academic Awards Winners and STH for a Night.

Old
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
yakko

Quote:
I'm with you on the originals, I almost always wear my black replica to games, though I don't think the current set is THAT bad.

But I will say the old greenie was repulsive.
I pretty much agree with you. I thought the old jerseys were a little bit too busy, but I loved the old logo and color scheme. I still have a white Burke and a black Numminen, and I'm glad I do. And yes, that third jersey was gross.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:57 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Funny how peoples opinions very...I hated the old uniforms except for the green 3rd jersey. They absolutely needed new uniforms and even though I thought they could have done better I am happy with our current unis. We use to be made fun of when we had the old ones. Nobody outside of Phoenix liked them.

I disagree. I got compliments on the old jersey whenever I wore it. The new one is too bland to even notice.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

I would love to see them do a jersey based off the jersey the coyote in the original logo wore: (yeah I'm not an artist)

other ideas:

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I disagree. I got compliments on the old jersey whenever I wore it. The new one is too bland to even notice.
And when we wear our gear around town isn't getting noticed the point? Like the old ones or hate them, they do get noticed.

Old
10-19-2009, 03:50 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
And when we wear our gear around town isn't getting noticed the point? Like the old ones or hate them, they do get noticed.
I saw a guy at Circle K today with a Welcome Back Whiteout T-Shirt on and I said nice shirt! I always feel a bond with complete strangers when I see them in Coyotes gear. I know it's silly but I am pretty much a dork.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
I saw a guy at Circle K today with a Welcome Back Whiteout T-Shirt on and I said nice shirt! I always feel a bond with complete strangers when I see them in Coyotes gear. I know it's silly but I am pretty much a dork.
I always shake someone's hand if I see them sporting Coyotes gear. It's an impulse I simply cannot control. Still, I almost never wear any Coyotes stuff anywhere. I have a black and white New Era Coyotes ball cap I wear sometimes, but you'd have to be really big into the Coyotes to recognize it as a Coyotes hat. The hat is all black, and the main logo is the PHX/AZ flag/AZ state logo shoulder patch from the unis, but it's all black and white. The smaller logo is simply the letters PHX in white. I've also got an off-color New Era Winnipeg Jets hat that's all white, light grey, dark grey, and black. I don't really wear hats too much anymore, though. The ex liked hats, I don't really. I don't really like wearing any red or any bright colors, for that matter(I usally keep everything black, white, grey, or tan). So that really kind of limits the Coyotes gear I'd be willing to sport.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned that's the best argument I've heard FOR the jersey. Oh and Don Cherry having an opinion on fashion is like Hitler having an opinion on ethics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
That's a good point, love it or hate it, the old jersey was very noticeable. The new one is straight up generic and doesn't really evoke motions one way or the other.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonYotesFan View Post
The Boston announcers drove me nuts with the repeated comments about our financial woes.
I saw that broadcast too.

Two things.

1) Get used to it. This is just the beginning from visiting media.
2) This is also a reflection of the information available to the media outside the state of Arizona regarding the Coyotes.

However, if you had noted from that broadcast, they were very impressed with the team before, during, and after the broadcast.

Old
10-19-2009, 07:43 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
I saw that broadcast too.

Two things.

1) Get used to it. This is just the beginning from visiting media.
2) This is also a reflection of the information available to the media outside the state of Arizona regarding the Coyotes.

However, if you had noted from that broadcast, they were very impressed with the team before, during, and after the broadcast.
Hard for them to ignore when the building is half empty.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
I have no problem if nobody else likes our original jerseys. From my experience they seem to be popular with most Coyotes fans, and that's more important to me than what other people think.

They could update them to be a bit more accessible, but I'd love for them to keep the colors and logo.
Well you should care what other people think because that money goes to the team when they sell jerseys and if only the local fans like the uniforms then you are missing a huge market.

I never use to like the Jets jerseys either but funny how they've become popular now after the fact.

LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 08:45 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
only the local fans like the uniforms then you are missing a huge market.
The Phoenix Coyotes will NEVER be able to sell sweaters in large quantities outside of Arizona unless they have a top 3 player in the league. Even then it's unlikely. So I don't really see this huge market.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
TucsonYotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ower View Post
i guess I do. You're right, it is subjective.

but to me, this looks like a schools arts n craft theme project

I don't really care for the logo, but the it's the border that really bugs me. Just way too much going on and too many colors.. red, black green, white, purple, sand...

and this looks like a Tex-mex fast food wrapper, granted it was the 3rd.. but still comes from the same era.

I am glad to hear the news leading with stories and the media is actually talking about the team.

Love the old look! They were uniquely soutwest and I always felt they were among the best in the league. I don't believe hockey has to be synonymous with drab jerseys.

I'll agree with you about the green one. It was hideous!

TucsonYotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 09:27 PM
TucsonYotesFan

Quote:

We're not a traditional hockey market and don't have a traditional fanbase. I see no need to have traditional hockey jerseys either. Just my humble opinion.

TucsonYotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 11:22 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

I actually like the current Jerseys, I think the colors go good with a few of the other major teams jerseys in Arizona. I mean you have the Cardinals who are red, the D-Backs who are red, and the Coyotes. I think it's pretty cool to have three major teams who share the same color, it kind of groups them all together and unifies them as an Arizona team. The older jerseys are definitely unique, but seem very grade school in design.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote