HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Hawks Need a Goalie: Got a Reasonable Proposal??

Old
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Hal Incandenza

vCash: 500
The Hawks Need a Goalie: Got a Reasonable Proposal??

While I'm not a Huet basher, the guy has certainly not helped out his cause with the horrendous start so far, especially last night's off the boards bouncy goal. It will be tough for him to get the confidence of the fanbase back short of a massive string of shutouts. The Hawks have a decent supply of picks and forwards to provide a team interested in snagging some of them for a potential #1 goaltender. Cap space is obviously limited, although they could send Huet down if a solid option comes over and performs well enough to snag the #1. We don't need a superstar by any means, but if you can post a .910 sv% that just might be enough to win behind this team: the Wings philosophy of average or slightly below-average goalie who at least gives a chance to win is basically what the Hawks need right now. They are giving up very few shots and Huet has been shaky when shots do get through to him; if a guy is solid but not really likely to be an elite G...well that doesn't matter a whole lot right now, they don't need Luongo or Brodeur, just something reliable.

Please post your proposals here to send the Hawks a goalie. While I expect the usual HF Boards one-sided proposals which will never happen, let's try to keep those to a minimum. If you think you will get ripped by other fans for posting the trade, then maybe you should think twice before making the post.

The following players are Untouchable for the purposes of this thread:
Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Bolland.
Probably should consider Byfuglien, Sharp, Hjalmarsson more or less untouchable as well. If a deal is extremely enticing, I could see some of this group traded, but I think that's a longshot. Ladd also probably has more value to the Hawks than other teams right now, and obviously other teams won't be very interested in a trade for Campbell, Madden, Hossa, Sopel, Huet (unless a lot were added to the trade).
Preferably you should be able to compose an offer based around some of the following:
Versteeg
Barker
Brouwer
Skille
Eager
Beach
Aliu
Sweatt
Crawford
Also a few of the Hawks' depth guys in Rockford might be interesting as filler to someone with a weak bottom 6 who has playing time.
2010- 1st, two 2nd (CGY and CHI)
2011- 1st, two 2nd (TOR and CHI)

Don't see the Hawks trading Versteeg or Barker without a solid G and possibly a pick or roster guy preferably a cheap defensive D-man coming back. Versteeg is great but he seems to be most likely to be traded of the seven forwards making 3MM+ in cap$ going into next year. Barker could be dealt but he is showing little D awareness so far this year, so unless you need a pure offensive D-man and PP point guy, there probably won't be much interest in providing value to the Hawks from him.

Interested in someone like Harding, Halak, Biron, Nittymaki, Lehtonen. If some cap hits go back in the deal, then more expensive and better guys like Vokoun would be great; Giguere is not a personal favorite as I think he's fallen off a bit, but he could do although I doubt ANA would be able to take our higher contract guys for him.

I believe in the value of SV% as a goaltending stat above all others, especially W-L. Example of someone I would not under any circumstances be interested in, due to terrible save pct. stats for a few consecutive years, would be Marty Turco especially at his large cap hit.

I'll be active in the thread to debate my side of things so if you have any questions or complaints please feel free to air them out and I will try to make sense of my view and if you disagree with me then would like to hear why that is the case, provided you can argue your side in a logical and civil manner. Sorry for my extremely long OP but hope it leads to a quality thread with various ideas on the subject- tired of hearing the knee-jerk reactions both for and against the Hawks and Huet; let's hopefully make this a decent thread since obviously the Hawks' controversy in goal is not going to end anytime soon...that said, let's see what your team might be interested in doing to provide a goalie to the Hawks in exchange for some forwards, decent prospects, or picks. Thoughts?

Hal Incandenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Biggzy*

Vokoun and a 3rd for Versteeg and Barker?

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Can Barker play goal?

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
What's Vokoun's contract status?? Is he signed for a while?
I think this is a little much given he wouldn't lower our cap into the future, since I know he's somewhere in the 5+MM/yr range, but definitely is an interesting consideration- I do think he's an awesome goalie especially given the Florida system which appears to be "let the opponent shoot a ton of shots", definitely made me wish the Hawks had him during the first game of the year in Finland though, he stole that one.

Old
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
Can Barker play goal?
Let's see...goalie would probably be defensive...so no, he can't do that. Would be interesting to watch him give away the puck at least once a game in front of himself in goal, though.

Old
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
Can Barker play goal?
Clemmenson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
What's Vokoun's contract status?? Is he signed for a while?
I think this is a little much given he wouldn't lower our cap into the future, since I know he's somewhere in the 5+MM/yr range, but definitely is an interesting consideration- I do think he's an awesome goalie especially given the Florida system which appears to be "let the opponent shoot a ton of shots", definitely made me wish the Hawks had him during the first game of the year in Finland though, he stole that one.
One more year at 5.7M I believe.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Brouwer and TOR 3rd for Biron.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
saywut

How high do the Hawks value Ladd? I'd think the Wild would like him most because he had chemistry with Havlat last year. I'd expect Harding +, but how much would the Wild have to add to get Ladd?

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Clemmenson?
If I was a Panthers fan, I'd be a little bit worried still.

Old
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Halak + 3rd/average prospect/UFA(not Plekanec) for a 1st in 2010?

If we continue to suck this year, it would be nice to add another 1st round pick at the deadline.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
masterandy

Would you be interested in Brian Elliott? I know Ottawa doesn't want to rush Robin Lehner.. but our future tandem will most likely consist of Leclaire, Lehner. So Elliott may become expendable if we get a goalie in return for this year.

I know he hasn't had much experience, but he's more than capable. He posted respectable numbers on a terrible Sens team and helped them play back to respectability down the stretch.

2008-2009 W-16 L-8 T-3 GA-2.77 SPct.-0.902

I'd propose:

Ottawa: Corey Crawford + 3rd rounder (or a roster player..not sure)

Blackhawks: Brian Elliott

Since Crawford is your 3rd string goalie, I thought it might be fair to give Ottawa a little something.

If you believe they are worth straight up, then Ottawa retracts.. there would be no need for a trade. However a pick might entice me (not on behalf of all Sens nation)

masterandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterandy View Post
Would you be interested in Brian Elliott? I know Ottawa doesn't want to rush Robin Lehner.. but our future tandem will most likely consist of Leclaire, Lehner. So Elliott may become expendable if we get a goalie in return for this year.

I know he hasn't had much experience, but he's more than capable. He posted respectable numbers on a terrible Sens team and helped them play back to respectability down the stretch.

2008-2009 W-16 L-8 T-3 GA-2.77 SPct.-0.902

I'd propose:

Ottawa: Corey Crawford + 3rd rounder (or a roster player..not sure)

Blackhawks: Brian Elliott

Since Crawford is your 3rd string goalie, I thought it might be fair to give Ottawa a little something.

If you believe they are worth straight up, then Ottawa retracts.. there would be no need for a trade. However a pick might entice me (not on behalf of all Sens nation)
No, no, no. Our tandem is just great at the moment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
BigT2002

Josh Harding + Zidlicky

for

Patrick Sharp

You take on basically how much Sharp's cap hit gives you, but you get a great young goalie and Top 6 defencemen to help bolster your Top 4.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Josh Harding + Zidlicky

for

Patrick Sharp
I think the Hawks would take that if they take Sopel too.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Freaky Styley

anderson for huet and campbell?

sorry, just teasing

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Virtanev
+

vCash: 50
To Van
Beech

To Chi
Schneider
3 rd round pick

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
emb24*

halak and sergei kostitsyn

for versteeg and eager or brouwer

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:26 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
I think the Hawks would take that if they take Sopel too.
Cap space would have to be looked at for it to probably happen. We are already over now because of Chuck. This move would put us under without taking on Sopel.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:26 PM
oilers get 6th

khaby 4 sharp and versteeg

oilers get 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
shao01

Halak, Hamrlik and Weber

for

Barker and Huet

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Sergei and Andrei Kostitsyn, Mathieu Carle and Jaroslav Halak

for

Byfuglien and Barker

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Versteeg and Skille for Rinne and a pick.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
How high do the Hawks value Ladd? I'd think the Wild would like him most because he had chemistry with Havlat last year. I'd expect Harding +, but how much would the Wild have to add to get Ladd?
He's pretty valuable as the perfect checking line player on this year's Hawks, but I think Ladd will be tough to fit into the cap past this contract. Maybe I'm somewhat off here, but I might actually do this straight up and would definitely be interested if the Wild threw in a 3rd, seems like this might be a good fit for both clubs. Especially since when Hossa comes back, Ladd is basically the Hawks' 6th winger.

Old
10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden CM View Post
anderson for huet and campbell?

sorry, just teasing
Ha, brutal, I wish I had the time machine necessary to make this trade happen.

Old
10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Brouwer and TOR 3rd for Biron.
I'd do this.