HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Hawks Need a Goalie: Got a Reasonable Proposal??

Old
10-24-2009, 11:52 AM
scottyG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Let's be honest here. For a team trying to win the Stanley Cup, Jaroslav Halak is not exactly a gigantic upgrade from Cristobal Huet, if he's one at all. I have trouble in naming one realistic option that is a clear upgrade in net for them, and because of the fact very few goalies are available in the NHL, let alone at mid-season, they might just have to go with him. I think he'll be the reason they fail to reach the Finals, but they aren't going to get someone clearly better than him at this point.

Halak? I mean, really? I am skeptical that a team trying to win the Stanley Cup wants a goalie whose playoff experience consists of one start and a two mop-ups. Not to mention, he's played 51 regular season games in 4 seasons. Why exactly does Chicago want him again? Won 7 games against playoff teams last year in 18 tries.

I'm not saying he's not a starting goalie, or that he's bad. But why would Chicago want to trade for him? If there are no better options, give it your best shot with Huet, and if he flops, fix it during the offseason. This is the NHL, teams that expect to go deep in the playoffs do not give their starting goaltender job to a guy who has proven nothing in the regular season, let alone one who has 77 career playoff minutes played. Halak could be a good fit on any team as a backup, in fact, I'd love him on the Sharks as Nabokov's backup. But realistically, he's not proven himself to be a starting-worthy yet. In a Western playoffs that will likely include most, if not all, of Nabokov, Giguere, Luongo, Kiprusoff, and maybe Backstrom, Turco, or Bryzgalov, Halak doesn't really fit well.
#1) Halak is better then huet and younger
#2)The reason chicago wants to get rid of huet is to have money to sign the big 3

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm sorry felow habs fan but noooooooooway
that's fine because as of now, halak is the starter with a 1.78 gaa and 920 save %..so i think gainey will holding off dealing him

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I think Anderson was looking to be the #1 somewhere and that job wasn't open to him in Chicago..

So, yeah, maybe the Hawks did try to sign him but since he wasn't offered the starting role right off the bat he declined?
Sure you could interpret it that way. Or you could look at it in a way that actually makes sense and assume that Anderson went somewhere where he had a better chance to be a number 1.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote