HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 9 | 10.19.09 - San Jose Sharks @ New York Rangers | 7:00pm Versus (HD)

Old
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
BroadwayLocal

vCash: 500
I like Aves moving up. More goals than PIM.

LGR!

LGY!

BroadwayLocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
NYRMatt

No problem with Vally in net tonight. In my opinion it makes the team play more solid.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Levitate

What's not to get about Tortorella playing Lundqvist against eastern teams and Vally against western teams?

Tortorella said he wanted to make sure Lundqvist got more rest, and he's using the western games to do it. For one, Vally is a capable backup, and two, any points lost won't be giving points to teams that the Rangers could be competing with for a playoff spot

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
What's not to get about Tortorella playing Lundqvist against eastern teams and Vally against western teams?

Tortorella said he wanted to make sure Lundqvist got more rest, and he's using the western games to do it. For one, Vally is a capable backup, and two, any points lost won't be giving points to teams that the Rangers could be competing with for a playoff spot
While I know what Torts is doing..the next Ranger game isn't till Thursday, Lundqvist would have gotten plenty of rest..but we shall see. Hopefully the team in front of Vally can score a few quick goals, but Nabby has been hot as of late.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I like the idea of starting Vally against a good team. Torts wouldn't play Vally tonight if he didn't think we could win with him between the pipes. Torts is confident in the team, and I think this sends that message to all of our players.
My fantasy team with Lundqvist on it disagrees.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
94now

Quote:

I think you're correct. It make sense for Torts to remove arbitrary calls on Gs and make it scheduled ahead. Western team game against provides such a schedule. Very smart and easy. If Valiquette plays all Western team games he gets required % needed for Lundqvist reduced load.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
jniklast

Quote:

There are two more western games coming up this month. It's only another two till Phoenix next Monday, but I guess Torts will playn Lundy in that, and then Vally again vs. the Wild on October 30th. I would've however prefered to play Hank vs. the offensively strong Sharks, and then Vally vs. Phoenix.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
wereback

Everyone has to understand with the condensed schedule because of the Olympics we are going to have lots of discussions on why is Vally starting....ge used to it.

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0mBa View Post
graves first game back at the garden?

Yeah, rangers lost 5-1, I'm pretty sure.

I was at that game.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
and from what i saw of the isles game (most of it) orts and malhotra were the most consistant players, especially through the first half of the game. I was sitting there thinking okay if the piles can stick it to this team like this NYR should be fine. it all depends on Nabby, get on him early...
I have a feeling thornton will control this game, the rangers d better man up tonight they're gonna have thier hands full, that is one LARGE team.

Hopefully Staal is on the ice whenever SJ's top line with Thornton is out. I don't feel to comfortable with the other defensive pairings out against that line.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:

There aren't any 4 point swings true, but 2 points is 2 points regardless of who you take them from.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Ehhh with the whole Vally thing... there isnt another game for a few days... this is kind of stupid.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
Valliquette is a pretty good backup, and has been known to steal games. I don't think this was a good move, though.

The rest of the Rangers would have gamed up for San Jose... they don't need Vally in for the motivation. I think San Jose can light him up. 4 all-star caliber forwards on those top 2 lines
Torts has faith in his backup, which is a good thing. Not saying it won't backfire, but you have to keep your backup in game shape. Lemaire should take a page out of Torts book, because when Lundqvist is fresh come playoff time, and Marty has just played 75+ including Olympics, it will show.

I think we are all well aware the difference of having a fresh goalie come playoff time makes.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Mkhizgilov

Hey guys just a quick question.
Are DZ jerseys being sold at MSG? if not, is there a place where I can buy one? If yes then I need help between picking one of these jerseys. Lundqvist, Gaborik, Avery, MDZ. Thanks

and LGR tonight going to be at the game. Would have prefered Hank over Vally, but we played great last time he was on net so hopefully same thing happens.

Mkhizgilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Tom Atkins

i hate versus and direct TV. If anyone finds a good video stream please post

Tom Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
otto1219

it is a joke that vally starts against one of the more competitive teams in the west. After we beat the leafs on monday, wouldnt have tortorella thought that vally could beat them on sunday? This has disaster written all over it, because we cannot measure how good our team is with vally in net, win or lose, because he will not be starting in big time games. Not only that, but the fact that the rangers dont have a game until thursday with no traveling in between makes this even a worse decision in my mind.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
thrillhous

Maybe Lundqvist is using this schedule lull to nurse an injury. Just a thought.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
it is a joke that vally starts against one of the more competitive teams in the west. After we beat the leafs on monday, wouldnt have tortorella thought that vally could beat them on sunday? This has disaster written all over it, because we cannot measure how good our team is with vally in net, win or lose, because he will not be starting in big time games. Not only that, but the fact that the rangers dont have a game until thursday with no traveling in between makes this even a worse decision in my mind.
It's not really a joke. They have to get him in sometime and he did get a shutout in his only game played

Yea it makes some sense if they rotated this and played Vally in TO but to be honest Henrik was the awesome and the 1st star so that payed off in the end

Let's see what happens but here is a we lost finally but our back up was in net exuse..............I still think they can win it 2nite

Also anyone see Cory Murphy got waived. Any chance Rangers take him to spare as the 7th?. QB on the PP just in case someone goes down and would be cheap

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Frankly, this is the time of year when I want Lundqvist getting the most frequent starts. He doesn't need rest now, he needs it as the playoffs approach.

It's well documented that you can't make the playoffs in October, but you can miss them. I see no need to reduce our chances of getting 2 points tonight. Let Henrik play the Sharks, Devils, and Habs, then give Vally starts against Phoenix and the Fishsticks. That would give Lundqvist 6 days of rest next week.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Ehhh with the whole Vally thing... there isnt another game for a few days... this is kind of stupid.
I could be wrong but is it not during their hated Division rival the Devils and Martin Broduer?

not so stupid then

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I really want Torts to try and get Higgins going.

If Higgins starts to produce like he can, with the rest of the team producing like they are.

This team can be more dangerous.

I'm going to refrain from line combo bickering, but i'd like to see him get some more minutes with guys who are producing. Rather then get his minutes cut. It doesn't help him, and it doesn't help the team.

Get him out there on the Power Play. Get him out there with guys who have been putting the puck in the net. Get him some confidence.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Frankly, this is the time of year when I want Lundqvist getting the most frequent starts. He doesn't need rest now, he needs it as the playoffs approach.

It's well documented that you can't make the playoffs in October, but you can miss them. I see no need to reduce our chances of getting 2 points tonight. Let Henrik play the Sharks, Devils, and Habs, then give Vally starts against Phoenix and the Fishsticks. That would give Lundqvist 6 days of rest next week.
I disagree in that I think periodic rests through-out the season, starting from now, will do far more good than a few rests at the end of the year. If he gets burnt-out at the end of the year, a game here or there will not do much to get him "energized".

As far as missing the play-offs in October goes, right now, that's not a concern. They start losing points based on Valiquette's performances, it will be.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
That's when we will need Hank to make the most starts, not less.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
That's when we will need Hank to make the most starts, not less.
Agree whole heartedly. Build momentum going into the play-offs.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Huge test for this whole team. Going to be a very exciting game.

KEEP THE STREAK GOING BOYS! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote