HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

21/10/09 Avalanche Vs Wild

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Avalanche 38 88.37%
Wild 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-21-2009, 06:31 AM
NWAvs

vCash: 500
Look on the Avs site, hell I'll just link.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|COL|home

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:57 AM
chiavsfan

I don't know why everyone assumed Budaj would get the nod. The Avs just had 4 days off...why not go back to your starter in that instance. Budaj will get his chance, but Anderson was brought in to be the number 1....and if the number 1 isn't struggling, why bench him?

I am glad I am off GDT's. I guess I just did them because I was the first one awake all the time

But it's certainly nice to see someone with time, being able to make things look nice. Keep up the good work!

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
Quote:
Through the early stages of the season, only four rookies in the National Hockey League have put up at least four points. Three of them wear the Burgundy and Blue of the Avalanche.

Leading the pack is 18-year-old Ryan O’Reilly, who sits fifth among rookies with six points (1g/5a). O’Reilly trails only New York Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto (4g/5a), New York Islanders center John Tavares (3g/4a), Dallas left wing Jamie Benn (2g/5a) and San Jose blueliner Jason Demers (0g/7a) among rookie scorers.
That's weird. They contradict themselves.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Makkeli

vCash: 50
It is going to be 4-2 to us, and goal scorers are Wolski x 2, Duchene and Mcleod. Also Stastny 0+2!

Makkeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:49 AM
PugPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppa_21 View Post
Anderson is getting the nod again tonight....
Lets wrap up a good road trip by getting a win! Lets go Avs!

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_13605615

That article mentions that Wolski has been skating on the 3rd line in practice with O'Reilly and McLeod. I wonder if we'll see that in the game tonight. If so, does that put Jones on the 2nd line and Tucker on the 1st line?

PugPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:31 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugPuck View Post
That article mentions that Wolski has been skating on the 3rd line in practice with O'Reilly and McLeod. I wonder if we'll see that in the game tonight. If so, does that put Jones on the 2nd line and Tucker on the 1st line?
I don't know who will be on the first line. I would like to see Tucker up, only because Jones has looked good with Dutchy. If Wolski works hard tonight, he will be moved up quickly.

And I said on the first page that Anderson would get the nod. Why did everyone assume Budaj? That would give Andy 5 days between games. I think Budaj will start against Carolina.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
And I said on the first page that Anderson would get the nod. Why did everyone assume Budaj? That would give Andy 5 days between games. I think Budaj will start against Carolina.
I guess because Sacco said Budaj would play in this road trip, and this is the last game of the road trip.

How dare we believe our coach.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkeli View Post
It is going to be 4-2 to us, and goal scorers are Wolski x 2, Duchene and Mcleod. Also Stastny 0+2!
I wouldn't be looking for goals in the numbers 3 or more. This is Backstrom after all, the Avs-killer. I'll be happy with a 2-1 win if we can manage.

I despise games where we are looked at as the favorites. They make me nervous. I was very worried about the Leafs game. And Minnesota had a terrible road trip, so I actually see us losing this one (even though for some reason I voted for us in the poll). Mikko and Nicklas will come through for their team and we'll lose a close one where we look like the much better team, but goaltending prevails for them. 2-1.

But who knows. Hopefully we can pull a win, and take advantage of Minnesota and Backstrom's slow start. I need Stastny to show me SOMETHING this game, or I'll be very sad.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Adama0905

Oh, and here's hoping that Backstrom DOES have a good game, but still lets in two goals to give us the win. But two goals on forty shots or so. Can't afford for my fantasy team to lose just because I'm rooting for the Avs...

Old
10-21-2009, 10:21 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Oh, and here's hoping that Backstrom DOES have a good game, but still lets in two goals to give us the win. But two goals on forty shots or so. Can't afford for my fantasy team to lose just because I'm rooting for the Avs...
Backstrom is the best goalie in the league. I dont even know why the Avs are even bothering suiting up for this one. Just give minny the 2 points and be done with it already. 5-0 Wild.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:40 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I guess because Sacco said Budaj would play in this road trip, and this is the last game of the road trip.

I think in the same interview he stated that he was PLANNING on playing him, but with the way Andy has been playing he had to go with the hot hand. Do you expect Sacco to give Andy 5 days off because he told a reporter he was going to play Budaj on the road trip?

Old
10-21-2009, 11:09 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I think in the same interview he stated that he was PLANNING on playing him, but with the way Andy has been playing he had to go with the hot hand. Do you expect Sacco to give Andy 5 days off because he told a reporter he was going to play Budaj on the road trip?
What do the days off have to do with anything? We were simply going off of what Sacco said and this is the last game on the road trip. What is the big deal that has you shaking your head uncontrollably here? Don't get me wrong, I want Andy in net and I said right on the first page of this thread that we'll lose with Budaj in goal. I just don't see what's so ridiculous about us believing Sacco that Budaj would likely get in a game on the road trip.

Old
10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
That's weird. They contradict themselves.
Yeah, there are more than the 4 rookies they mentioned. Altough, basing on that article, Avs counted half of the rookies mentioned produced 4+ points. It's not bad, but I don't know if counts in February or March.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
What do the days off have to do with anything? We were simply going off of what Sacco said and this is the last game on the road trip. What is the big deal that has you shaking your head uncontrollably here? Don't get me wrong, I want Andy in net and I said right on the first page of this thread that we'll lose with Budaj in goal. I just don't see what's so ridiculous about us believing Sacco that Budaj would likely get in a game on the road trip.
I already explained in my previous post. Sacco said Andy was playing too good to sit on the road trip. More days off = more rest for Andy = less fatigue. The only reason you sit a #1 goalie is so he doesn't get fatigued throughout a season. I want Sacco to do what is best for the team, not keep his word with reporters. Who cares what he said? Circumstances change.

Old
10-21-2009, 11:50 AM
volaju

Quote:
I already explained in my previous post. Sacco said Andy was playing too good to sit on the road trip. More days off = more rest for Andy = less fatigue. The only reason you sit a #1 goalie is so he doesn't get fatigued throughout a season. I want Sacco to do what is best for the team, not keep his word with reporters. Who cares what he said? Circumstances change.
Stop 'sperging, everyone understands that. Settle down.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by volaju View Post
Stop 'sperging, everyone understands that. Settle down.
hahaha. I wasn't too excited. I didn't even use emoticons this time.

Old
10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Backstrom is the best goalie in the league. I dont even know why the Avs are even bothering suiting up for this one. Just give minny the 2 points and be done with it already. 5-0 Wild.
You're trying to jinx me, aren't you?

Old
10-21-2009, 01:49 PM
shadow1

Quote:

Not to mention we're paying him more than the average back-up....1.25 million for 10 starts!

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Aerolanche

Mr. Anderson is in net tonight.

Quote:
Avalanche: Forward Chris Stewart was reassigned to the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League and is likely to get more ice time. Stewart, 21, played in four of eight games, producing one assist. . . . Goalie Craig Anderson will start his ninth consecutive game. . . . The Avs entered Tuesday with the NHL's second-best road record (4-1-1) and third-highest power play (30.3 percent).
Not surprised at all, given the amount of time off. However, I kind of hoped Budaj would get in there tonight and get in his first start, given that this is probably the most 'winnable' game until November 4 vs. Phoenix (not counting the Edmonton game because Budaj + Edmonton = Fail).

10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Awwwww crap. Havlat's gonna play tonight.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/651...7PQLanchO7DiUr

On the other hand, Nolan may not. Clutterbuck thankfully is still out, as is last year's OTHER Avs-killer Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

Probably going to see a LOT of Brunette - Koivu - Havlat, especially on the power play. Our newly resurgent PK will have its work cut out for them. I don't know if anyone out there has seen Havlat live, but I've seen few who look more dangerous during the man-advantage.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Aerolanche: Yeah, we've been talking about that for the last page and a half.

Old
10-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Aerolanche

Quote:
Aerolanche: Yeah, we've been talking about that for the last page and a half.
<-- Apparently doesn't read threads.

Aerolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 03:03 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Awwwww crap. Havlat's gonna play tonight.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/651...7PQLanchO7DiUr

On the other hand, Nolan may not. Clutterbuck thankfully is still out, as is last year's OTHER Avs-killer Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

Probably going to see a LOT of Brunette - Koivu - Havlat, especially on the power play. Our newly resurgent PK will have its work cut out for them. I don't know if anyone out there has seen Havlat live, but I've seen few who look more dangerous during the man-advantage.
kobasew playing tonite?

i remember his Av killer days when he played for the 'lames, hope he forgot he had those skills whilst playing for boston

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
kobasew playing tonite?

i remember his Av killer days when he played for the 'lames, hope he forgot he had those skills whilst playing for boston
Yup, he's in, as are their brand new green third jerseys. According to practice (Brodziak didn't practice but should be in tonight) the lines for Minny should be...

Brunette - Koivu - Havlat
Miettinen - Sheppard - Nolan
Pouliot - Belanger - Kobasew
Boogaard - Brodziak - Hilbert
Smith

Boogaard is still listed on the Wild's site as injured but I have read nothing about him being taken out of tonight's lineup. If indeed Nolan can't go I guess Kobasew gets bumped up to that second line.

Given injuries and what not that's not a terrible lineup. The only guy who IMO doesn't really scare me much is Sheppard. Dude's done very little to justify the pick used to get him. Hope he doesn't prove me wrong tonight.

BTW, Brent Burns is tied for the league's worst +/- rating. If Lemaire were still there I'm sure he'd be playing forward.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 03:21 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolanche View Post
Mr. Anderson is in net tonight.

Not surprised at all, given the amount of time off. However, I kind of hoped Budaj would get in there tonight and get in his first start, given that this is probably the most 'winnable' game until November 4 vs. Phoenix (not counting the Edmonton game because Budaj + Edmonton = Fail).
we've got back to back home games friday-saturday, may see him against the canes

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote