HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Fla

Old
10-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
as a canuck fan i would do it in a heartbeat

as a panthers fan i would do this because bieksa would be a good replacement of jay bo and grabner would be a great replacement for nathan horton he is injured and i tried on nhl 2010
Wait a minute...

Something doesn't seem right here.

Slot 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
The Overseer*

OK, so far, almost all of the Panthers and Canucks fans like the deal.

2 Flames fans don't like it.

Must be a good deal.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
oceanchild

the guy vancouer needs to trade is Salo im not saying flordia wants him but he is handcuffing them with the salary cap and is undependable because he is hurt when you need him most. Although I think this trade is good value and would love to see horton in Vancouver I am concerned that you end up with 2 many dmen that are not physical. Schnieder, Salo, Ehroff and Edlar are really good dmen but they are not physical and that leave mitchell to clean up the garbage and SOB is the 6th dman.

Would the panther fans be intrested in Erhoff ?

oceanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:23 AM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

We can't trade away Ehrhoff he has been our best D this season. I agree that Bieksa brings an edge our team desires, but I'm assuming SOB would be sticking around in this scenario and Ellerby isn't soft from what I have read.

As an amendment to the original trade, would something like

To FLA: Bieksa, Bernier, Grabner

To VAN: Horton, Ellerby, Olesz/Weiss

make sense?

With regards to the original offer, the lines I would like to see are:

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson
Burrows-Wellwood-Horton
Raymond-Kesler-Bernier
Hansen-Johnson-Rypien
Glass

Ehrhoff-Mitchell
Edler-Salo
Ellerby-Schneider
SOB

Luongo
Raycroft

That would leave over $2 mil in cap space if Demitra is done for the season (or retires).

94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 02:27 AM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Grabner and Bieksa don't really do much for us. Switch to Edler and Shirokov.
Then it becomes an awful trade for Vancouver. Based on the premise that you want Edler, it means you want a defenseman. Bieksa is the guy we can afford to deal. It makes sense.

As for Grabner/Shriokov, I dunno. Why does Grabner do nothing for you, and yet Shirokov does? They have about the same experience in the NHL, and Grabner has a point on Shirokov. Both play either wing as well.

I'd think that if you were looking for production now, Grabner would be the best fit considering he's played the NA game for a while and Shirokov has had about a month's worth of experience. Grabner's also faster and more reliable in his own end.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 02:28 AM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemonkeys View Post
We can't trade away Ehrhoff he has been our best D this season. I agree that Bieksa brings an edge our team desires, but I'm assuming SOB would be sticking around in this scenario and Ellerby isn't soft from what I have read.

As an amendment to the original trade, would something like

To FLA: Bieksa, Bernier, Grabner

To VAN: Horton, Ellerby, Olesz/Weiss

make sense?

With regards to the original offer, the lines I would like to see are:

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson
Burrows-Wellwood-Horton
Raymond-Kesler-Bernier
Hansen-Johnson-Rypien
Glass

Ehrhoff-Mitchell
Edler-Salo
Ellerby-Schneider
SOB

Luongo
Raycroft

That would leave over $2 mil in cap space if Demitra is done for the season (or retires).
Weiss is either their best forward or second best forward next to Horton (Am I forgetting someone? I feel like I am). Losing both in a deal kills them, and Olesz is no upgrade over what we have right now.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 02:59 AM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Weiss is either their best forward or second best forward next to Horton (Am I forgetting someone? I feel like I am). Losing both in a deal kills them, and Olesz is no upgrade over what we have right now.
Ya I wasn't expecting to get Weiss, I was thining having Olesz for Bernier instead of the pick swap might make it more appealing since they get the upgrade of their offence immediately.

I also think it helps round out our lines a little better:

Sedin-Sedin-Horton
Burrows-Wellwood-Samuelsson
Raymond-Olesz-Kesler

or

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Horton
Wellwood-Olesz-Samuelsson

Note: Are you forgetting Booth or Frolik?

94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:32 AM
InCoggNito

Send a message via MSN to InCoggNito
i Would do this if i were the canucks.
I Might do this if i were the Panthers.

Good Deal

InCoggNito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:58 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo777 View Post
However I agree about acquiring a centerman, I have a slight disagreement with nuckfan, while Kesler is good playing center, he is a bit more effective playing on the wing, just like Horton. So to reiterate I really think acquiring a true centerman would benefit the team imo.

Plus Im a bit tentative to trade a 1stRP away.
he is nothing like Kesler in this regard at all. It's not even close really.

Horton is simply horrible at center. He shouldn't play there. And he doesn't, after their failed experiments to play him at center in the past.

Kesler is producing at a point per game, while playing Selke worthy hockey at center and being among the top faceoff players in the league. He is nothing like Horton as a centerman, who isn't even being used at center.

And I do disagree with pretty much the entire Canucks fan base on Kesler and having to play at right wing. Everyone else just seems convinced that Kesler is just so much better at right wing... but IMO his increase in production had more to do with a) a step in his development as a player, and more importantly b) that for the first time in his career he got to play with actual top 6 players in Demitra and Sundin and for the first time was actually put in a scoring role.

So far this season, playing entirely at center, without anyone close to Sundin next to him, he's managed to keep his PPG pace going, while playing much better defensively at center than he does on the wing. IMO Kesler is fine at center - and can produce just as well there as he can on the right wing - granted you get him the top 6 talent next to him. This year he's putting up that pace while playing with Raymond (who's not yet a top 6 forward) and Samuelsson (who's at best a poor man's top 6 forward).

More than moving Kesler to wing, this team needs to find him a playmaker to play with... Raymond definitely isn't it (one of the worst hockey sense on the team IMO)... and Samuelsson isn't much of a playmaker either.

Last edited by NFITO: 10-21-2009 at 09:07 AM.
NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote