HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[chi/tor]

Old
10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
massivegoonery

vCash: 500
Sold.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 12:07 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Um....what?
By "better than" I meant "not as bad as"

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 02:50 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
To Toronto : Christobal Huet + Jack Skille + 2nd
To Chicago : Vesa Toskala

Toskala and Huet are pretty much the same, Toskala will be a UFA and the Hawks can try and nab one of the better goalies on the market this offseason.

Huet is signed longer, and is more expensive, adding Skille could help the Leafs roster and the 2nd, those will be a high 2nd, adds to what the Leafs need in draft picks.
Sorry. As much as I would dearly love to see Toskala off the Leafs' roster, I do not want to see Huet as his replacement, not even with Skille and the 2nd rndr included. Huet may be a slightly better goalie than Toskala, but that contract of Huet's is just nasty. I cannot see any justification as to why he is receiving near-elite pay (for a goalie) when he is clearly nowhere near elite status.

For me to even consider taking on Huet's contract, the return would have to be better than what you have offered up. This proposal would likely ham-string the Leafs, potentially preventing them from getting needful acquisitions. Besides, I'm reasonably certain that there will likely be other cheaper, younger, and better, goalies who will be made available for a decent price.

Therefore, I would decline this proposal.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote