HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sergei Kostitsyn leaves Hamilton Bulldogs - Suspended by Habs again (EDIT: Returned?)

Old
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Pharrow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Million dollar talent, ten-cent brain.
Half the brain of Kane.

Pharrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post
Nope, the only reason you want to give up Clowe is because he's playing like crap. Huskins is pretty much garbage, and we don't have any use for Sexsmith.

Trading AKost is not appealing at all, and if Halak ain't worth anything then we'll keep him. I don't give a **** about Sergei. Letting him go to Russia is the right move. Same thing with Andrei. If he wants to be a pissant (not likely considering Andrei is very different from his bro) then we'll deal with him the same way, too. No more accomodating these punks. No more trading them for nothing. If they're not worth anything, then they can **** off. The Habs should not let themselves get ripped off.

I do like Clowe but that's too much to give up just to welcome in Clowe.
By your own admission you'd rather let both Kostitsyn's potentially walk (in which you are saying they have no value to you). That would essentially make the trade:

Clowe
Huskins
Sexsmith
2nd

for

Halak

That doesn't make any sense. My goal was to give you an equivalent player to Andrei in Clowe (and they are almost identical) without the brother issue. Take Sergei off your hands as long as you guys are willing to eat Huskins (which you can certainly afford, just waive him). Sexsmith gives you a prospect to replace Halak as the backup that isn't about to go FA.

I thought it was a pretty decent offer. From the Shark's perspective, we wouldn't want the drama like i said, I was just wondering what hab's fan's felt the value was at this point.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Kaktus*

To Habs Powe to Flyers Kostitsyn.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I was just reading the paper today and it said everything was going well, Sergei had alot of respect for the coach in Hamilton etc etc. Now this ****? if he wasn't done as a Hab before he sure as hell is now.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
By your own admission you'd rather let both Kostitsyn's potentially walk (in which you are saying they have no value to you). That would essentially make the trade:

Clowe
Huskins
Sexsmith
2nd

for

Halak

That doesn't make any sense. My goal was to give you an equivalent player to Andrei in Clowe (and they are almost identical) without the brother issue. Take Sergei off your hands as long as you guys are willing to eat Huskins (which you can certainly afford, just waive him). Sexsmith gives you a prospect to replace Halak as the backup that isn't about to go FA.

I thought it was a pretty decent offer. From the Shark's perspective, we wouldn't want the drama like i said, I was just wondering what hab's fan's felt the value was at this point.
Andrei's potential is to be better than Clowe, and Huskins is really unappealing. I also have no desire to trade Halak. It's that simple, what do the Habs gain from this trade? Just Clowe really. We lose Halak and Andrei Kostitsyn plus the chance that Sergei pulls his head out of his ass at some point. It's just not appealing and I'd rather take the chance of losing Andrei than making a trade like this.

That way, you don't get Andrei, Sergei or Halak. They can't hurt us.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:26 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
people are quick to blast the kid, and certainly he's taken the less intelligent approach to making his point...

but let's face it, he is, right now, much more talented and NHL ready than 3-4 of the guys currently playing for, and sucking it up with the Habs, a team that is among the leagues worst in goals for.

after watching yet another night where the team struggles to have any kind of offensive presence past the first line, and seeing a guy like Travis Moen getting ice time with Plekanec and A.Kost because none of the other wingers can cut it, can anyone really blame him for feeling like the team is more focused on proving a point to him then on icing their best lineup?

the habs are only shooting themselves in the foot on this one. If he does leave for the KHL, it will be one more talented, top 6 caliber young player plying his trade in europe despite having been willing to move his life to NA and play for the habs.

The more the habs struggle to ice a 2nd line that can produce, the more ridiculous this mismanagement looks.

S.Kost doesn't belong in the AHL, he knows it and he (right or wrongly) doesn't have the patience to sit by and watch.

people might try to argue that it's because he wouldn't conform to Martin's system... well watching Spacek or Gill out there turning over the puck every other possession, it's hard to imagine Martin is very pleased with the decisions they're making, but as Gainey's UFA purchases, they get a much longer leash... is that right???
What are you talking about ? He wasn't good enough to make the team out of camp(skill and potential are not enough , hard work is required) , refused his assignment to Hamilton then demanded to be traded and now this . How is this mis-management ?

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Viller

Id take a chance on him in Philly for a 7th rounder or somethin. Hey, we got Legein, why not go all in?

He could have some ok ice time in Philly and he'd be playing with much better players, the guy has talent thats for sure....

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

According to the thread on Montreal board, a Montreal radio station is saying that Sergei may have had ANOTHER change of heart and decided he will join the team before their next game.

Definitely just a rumor at this point..but if true, this kid has some major issues.

I hope the Habs tell him to **** off and ship him off to Russia.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

vCash: 50
Any link in English, for the small minority of us that don't speak/read French?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Eisen

Can`t blame him. The minors are crap.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Any link in English, for the small minority of us that don't speak/read French?
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295602

Old
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
According to the thread on Montreal board, a Montreal radio station is saying that Sergei may have had ANOTHER change of heart and decided he will join the team before their next game.

Definitely just a rumor at this point..but if true, this kid has some major issues.

He will be better off playing in KHL then playing in the AHL.

He has every right to play where he wants, so why would he kill him self playing in the AHL? He has to have some unbelievable loyalty to Habs?
Quote:
[url]
Have fun in Russia you little piece of ****. I sincerely hope he never plays another game in a Habs uniform.
He has no major issues but you do.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Link?
Taken from the Canucks forum Around the NHL thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=533890
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=539541
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=491204
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=511385

It was mostly just a few Habs fans, I think most people know better.

mrmyheadhurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
And there goes any trade value and the possibility of any trade....

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
BamBamCam8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post

I wonder how many people would take their votes back

BamBamCam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Ellipson

Quote:
Link?
Hardly a rousing endorsement, and I don't think that it was the majority opinion, but it didn't take much searching to find this.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=544853

Ellipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He has every right to play where he wants, so why would he kill him self playing in the AHL? He has to have some unbelievable loyalty to Habs?
He has no major issues but you do.
Every right to play where he wants? Are you kidding me? He's on an entry level contract with the Habs and he actually thinks he's entitled to something. It's laughable. I mean, who does this kid think he is? What has he done to have the right to decide where he's going to play?

This is the same kid that directly after playing his final game in London joined the Hamilton Bulldogs and when he found out that he was going to be a healthy scratch, he pouted and went back home.

Then, he pouts and demands a trade after being sent down to Hamilton at the beginning of this season. He then has a change of heart, and decides to report. THEN, after a few games he decides to leave the Bulldogs and gets suspended again. Now, a radio station in Montreal is saying he's had yet ANOTHER change of heart and will be joining the team in Texas.

How can anyone defend this idiot?

Old
10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

what an idiot.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:09 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

I still see Edmonton or Chicago taking a fly on him.

And by a fly, I mean claiming him on waivers. But, he wouldn't even make it to them.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post
How the mighty have fallen. At the start of last year many argued that the Kostitsyn's were better (or soon to be) than the Sedin's. Now Sergei is out of the league and AK is struggling to make any form of impact. Is kinda sad to see really.

Hope Sergei can find a bench to warm in Russia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasimon View Post
Exaggerating much? There are always some idiots to say such things, but I wouldn't say many.
Quote:
Link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post

From the 4 listed polls the Kostitsyn's garnered anywhere from 26 to 43% of the vote. The average of the four polls fall in around the 35~36% mark. Does over 1/3rd of all posters picking the Kostitsyn brothers not amount to many? As I am sure you know I never said most.

I would imagine if it was just the Canadien fans that were polled the % would have been heavily in favour of the Kostitsyn's. So my point stands.

Thank you MMHH for doing the research for me.

settinguptheplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
RJC

lol 50 pt player (andrei) and a AHL'er in sergei VS two ppg players... yeah thats a tough one

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
MXD

Quote:

Sergei K is the first lady to play in the NHL.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Give you Krajicek for him.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:36 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
I still see Edmonton or Chicago taking a fly on him.

And by a fly, I mean claiming him on waivers. But, he wouldn't even make it to them.
As an Oilers fan, I would still like to see them take a chance on Kostitsyn.

Gagner hasn't played as well as he has the last two seasons thus far, and it might help if he had his former linemate and friend on the team.

Plus Pat Quinn has a way of getting players to play to their full ability (ie. Gilbert Brule and Dustin Penner)

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Give you Krajicek for him.
I'd hold out for Luongo if I were you.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote