HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sergei Kostitsyn leaves Hamilton Bulldogs - Suspended by Habs again (EDIT: Returned?)

Old
10-21-2009, 07:41 PM
66-29-33

vCash: 500
So much for Stall+Letang for both Kostitsyn's, or whatever the proposal kept being with Stall+.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
So much for Stall+Letang for both Kostitsyn's, or whatever the proposal kept being with Stall+.
This should be a reportable offense by now

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I don't understand how you spell Kostitsyn right and Staal wrong twice, especially since you're a Pens fan.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't understand how you spell Kostitsyn right and Staal wrong twice, especially since you're a Pens fan.
I was wondering the same.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Wow, somebody is a little slow today. I know it's Staal, but people love calling him Stall.

Old
10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

Quote:
Wow, somebody is a little slow today. I know it's Staal, but people love calling him Stall.
obviously because it is a really funny joke..........

n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
I still see Edmonton or Chicago taking a fly on him.

And by a fly, I mean claiming him on waivers. But, he wouldn't even make it to them.
Oh god I hope they don't take him, they have enough small forwards it is

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
obviously because it is a really funny joke..........
Obviously..............Obviously........ .

Old
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Habsfan18

Mr. Attitude problem has apparently returned to Hamilton. Another change of heart.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/284647.html

Old
10-21-2009, 08:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I wouldn't work that one into your regular rotation

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Right...

So let's get this straight....the team is struggling offensively, but has what is clearly much better team spirit than last year, so let's bring back Sergei K and his life-altering 50 pts in 115 games - and his piss-poor attitude to save the Habs. W-h-a-t a j-o-k-e-!
team spirit was fine and dandy last year until about february... ditto the year before...

winning has a funny way of doing that. As does losing. The team, being as new as it is, is enjoying a little honeymoon know as far as pressure/negative criticism goes.

If this team doesn't right the ship and plays at a sub 500 level into december and january it will be interesting to see if this "much better chemistry" lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
But clearly he lacks all perspective... I mean, there are probably hundreds of hockey players in various leagues outside the NHL who are better than 3-4 players on the Habs, or at least could fill our vacant 2nd line spot better, at least in terms of raw production. I agree that Sergei is one of those players. But at the same, that's all part of what it takes to make the NHL... until a player demonstrates the maturity and perspective, the capability of playing outside of one narrowly defined minor-impact niche, then it's entirely fair game that he's not going to be in the NHL. Just like the hundreds of other players who aren't.

The sad thing with Kostitsyn, though, is that he clearly had the potential to round out his game successfully, and the opportunity to do it, but he's just throwing it away. Some guys reach an age or just have physical or personality limitations that rule them out. But Sergei doesn't have much of that going against him, all he needed was a bit of time and perspective, and an NHL career was his. Now he's putting that in jeopardy. Just dumb, really.
you're absolutely right in your assessment imo.

but at some point, you'd think a franchise with a pretty sketchy history of managing it's assets would do a better job of working with the talented head cases it develops (or perhaps play a greater role in their development so as to minimize/stamp out the problems at an early stage).

S.Kost moved to NA and excelled playing for the Hunter's in London... I'd love to hear their take on the kids attitude/ego. Seems to me that it never became an issue until he got to montreal and started working with the habs. Could very well be that he was a "bad apple" waiting to go rotten, but it could also be that he's been head f***ed by the way the franchise has dealt with him.

and again, all this aside, this is pro sports. A franchise needs to properly manage and develop it's assets in order to succeed (at least on the ice, saddly the habs can continue to be a mediocre team and still make out like bandits financially). If S.Kost really is such a head case that there is no salvaging him, the team screwed up by not identifying it sooner and unloading him on some other team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
What are you talking about ? He wasn't good enough to make the team out of camp(skill and potential are not enough , hard work is required) , refused his assignment to Hamilton then demanded to be traded and now this . How is this mis-management ?
Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't heard or seen anything about S.Kost not having a good work ethic. I understood that the logic of sending him down had to do with a poor attitude, not because he doesn't work hard. He isn't a K/Wellwood, D.Penner or S.Bernier who showed up to camp grossly overweight (notice all of these guys were kept in the NHL despite a clear lack of work ethic... seems like their talent was enough to have some team prefer to keep them involved then waste them in the minors).

It's mismanagement because he is a talented asset, and right now it appears as though he'll end up in the KHL, not giving the team any valuable return. (edit, looks like he's back in hamilton, whatever Gainey promised him, I hope this leads either to a trade, or to the kid getting called up and helping the team win games!)

He may be a jerk, but in the end it's the team that is worse if they lose his talent.

Last edited by Miller Time: 10-21-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Who the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is Staal? Are you guys talking about Jordin Stall?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:06 PM
STAALing

Quote:
lmao thought the same

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Who the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is Staal? Are you guys talking about Jordin Stall?
Nope. Jordun Stahl

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:25 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Oh no!!! We've just recently overcome a giant wave of Kostitsyn proposals! (I'm apparently guilty of writing the worst one.) Here comes another wave!

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Oh no!!! We've just recently overcome a giant wave of Kostitsyn proposals! (I'm apparently guilty of writing the worst one.) Here comes another wave!
Honestly though, I can't really see too many teams being interested in him at this point.

Old
10-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Maybe he's bipolar?

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Maybe he's bipolar?
or just an idiot?
I dont think a change of scenery will help lil Sergy. He needs to decide if he wants to be an NHL'er or a "I could have been a star"

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
This should be a reportable offense by now
His inability to spell Staal ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 02:32 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Maybe he's bipolar?
Thats just my opinion, but Sergei has a lot of syndromes of a drugs addict.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote