HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We Win You Win

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2009, 02:53 PM
  #1
Evil Chris
Registered User
 
Evil Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
We Win You Win

Sometimes I wish I lived in Phoenix. I certainly love visiting every March.
Now the Coyotes have a cool new promo to bring more fans out to games.

We Win You Win: http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=502362

Quote:
All fans in attendance at this Saturday's home game against the Kings will participate in the new "We Win, You Win" promotion - if the Coyotes win the game, all fans will receive a complimentary ticket to a future game!
Great promo!

Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
  #2
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
We were talking about this on the main boards a bit. I personally think it's a potential epic fail if the Coyotes don't win many of those games. I'm curious to see what games/tickets they give out, because they might be dead games or bad seats which would also be a fail.

It's better than nothing...just barely.

I hope all 5 games are wins, I never route against the team unless it's lottery picks down the stretch.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
  #3
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
It is a good start. I am assuming that they made these weekend games so you will get a free ticket to week night game when the crowd tends to be a little less. More needs to be done but at least they are trying.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 04:04 PM
  #4
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
No matter what happens the team is going to lose money this year and its going to take baby steps in order for this team to make a profit one day.

I wonder though if this dip in attendance shot the teams chances of making a profit this season even if we played in all 4 rounds of the playoff and hosted all games having home ice advantage in each round?
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 04:16 PM
  #5
hao chi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
No matter what happens the team is going to lose money this year and its going to take baby steps in order for this team to make a profit one day.

I wonder though if this dip in attendance shot the teams chances of making a profit this season even if we played in all 4 rounds of the playoff and hosted all games having home ice advantage in each round?
Posted via Mobile Device
Probably, but at least a Stanley Cup Final would do wonders for our attendance next season.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
  #6
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I wonder though if this dip in attendance shot the teams chances of making a profit this season even if we played in all 4 rounds of the playoff and hosted all games having home ice advantage in each round?
Posted via Mobile Device
If memory serves, teams make money in rounds 2-4 of the playoffs.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:29 PM
  #7
Evil Chris
Registered User
 
Evil Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
It is a good start. I am assuming that they made these weekend games so you will get a free ticket to week night game when the crowd tends to be a little less. More needs to be done but at least they are trying.
They are indeed trying.
I only get to one Coyotes game per year (usually in March). They have my email and home coordinates too. I get a call every few months from the same cheerful sales rep asking me when my next trip to Phoenix is and if I'd like a good deal on a good pair of tickets. I really would like to see them succeed down there in the desert.

Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:38 PM
  #8
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
We were talking about this on the main boards a bit. I personally think it's a potential epic fail if the Coyotes don't win many of those games. I'm curious to see what games/tickets they give out, because they might be dead games or bad seats which would also be a fail.

It's better than nothing...just barely.

I hope all 5 games are wins, I never route against the team unless it's lottery picks down the stretch.
What are dead games?

I think it's a decent idea actually but I'm also assuming the free ticket would at least be in as good of seat location as the one you bought.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
  #9
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
We were talking about this on the main boards a bit. I personally think it's a potential epic fail if the Coyotes don't win many of those games. I'm curious to see what games/tickets they give out, because they might be dead games or bad seats which would also be a fail.

It's better than nothing...just barely.

I hope all 5 games are wins, I never route against the team unless it's lottery picks down the stretch.
How can it fail? It's free. You are right, it's not a whole lot better than nothing. I won't argue that. I just don't see how it can be a failure.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:01 PM
  #10
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
How can it fail? It's free. You are right, it's not a whole lot better than nothing. I won't argue that. I just don't see how it can be a failure.
If it's a promotion that yields nothing. I think it's a little backwards that if the team wins you win. The team could theoretically lose all 5 games and all they did was advertise the promotion. I don't think it's going to increase the ticket sales to those 5 games much at all as there aren't tons of people clamoring for free Coyotes tickets when they can be found cheaply online or through scalpers.

If anything it should just be a simple, go to the game and get another game ticket free -- regardless of win or loss. What if the Coyotes lose in OT? Shootout? I'm sure they have contingency plans, but they really shouldn't punish the fans for the team losing.

Think about it, some poor guy goes and decides to buy tickets thinking he might get a good game and free tickets to another game. Then the Coyotes get blown out 6-1 or something and he leaves disappointed and empty handed. Lots of opportunity for this to fail.

There hasn't been much originality in the Coyotes marketing, so this is more of the same that has been around the league since the 80's. Innovation is produced by the people that move on, not the people that remain behind.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:07 PM
  #11
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
I think it's great. Team wins, people are excited, they come back for free. Sounds like a way to boost (however artificially) attendance numbers. It's good for TV, good for the players, good for the team. It'll make the small crowd even more excited in a 1-1 tie in the third period.

There's nothing worse than giving away free tickets to people who won't even use them. Can you imagine? Team loses, 3,000 fans boo them off the ice, everybody's bummed, and the announcer says 'don't forget to pick up your free ticket before you leave!'. How pathetic that would be.

I like the 'win-win' theme. It's upbeat and catchy.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 12:18 AM
  #12
ssmatik
Registered User
 
ssmatik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Side
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
If it's a promotion that yields nothing. I think it's a little backwards that if the team wins you win. The team could theoretically lose all 5 games and all they did was advertise the promotion.
I think if they lose the first two games (possibly even one) they will announce that even though they lost you can still exchange the vouchers for free tickets.
They actually gave away as many tickets last year with the scratchers. I think almost every scratcher was a ticket winner and that wasn't even publicized.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 06:42 AM
  #13
ower
Registered User
 
ower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SEA by way of Tempe
Country: United States
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
What are dead games?

I think it's a decent idea actually but I'm also assuming the free ticket would at least be in as good of seat location as the one you bought.
dead games, usually teams nobody really cares about coming to watch.. We're sorta in that boat for a lot of other teams because we've been considered "easy points" for so long so turn out is usually lower.

ower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
  #14
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
I think if they lose the first two games (possibly even one) they will announce that even though they lost you can still exchange the vouchers for free tickets.
They actually gave away as many tickets last year with the scratchers. I think almost every scratcher was a ticket winner and that wasn't even publicized.
I agree, it would make more sense if the Coyotes lose they still give out the ticket, so hopefully they'll do that regardless. I do remember in years past that the scratchers were given out freely. It is smarter to market that they are doing it to try to attract some attention to the team.

I just think we see better ideas on this message board than we do out of their marketing department. I really like the STH-for-a-day idea that someone came up with (sorry I forget who).

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 10:32 AM
  #15
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
I agree, it would make more sense if the Coyotes lose they still give out the ticket, so hopefully they'll do that regardless. I do remember in years past that the scratchers were given out freely. It is smarter to market that they are doing it to try to attract some attention to the team.

I just think we see better ideas on this message board than we do out of their marketing department. I really like the STH-for-a-day idea that someone came up with (sorry I forget who).
The STH for a day was me, and I think it's one of many good ones we have come up with here. And I can tell you this thread is being watched by the organization at levels well above the ticket sales department. That said, keep the ideas coming.

I hope they stick to their guns. It's not just about free tickets, but about getting people to re-invest in this team once again. It's easy to say here's a free ticket, please come back, and there are plenty of promotional ideas to achieve that. But We Win You Win means you get a return on the team's success, and those are very important to building success.

Someone mentioned earlier about the potential for more vocal crowds pushing for a win. More engaged crowds make the overall experience more enjoyable and, win or lose, can help bring people back win or lose. It's all about creating the experience of a great night out.

Do we still have the Chalupa promotion? I went to a Lakers game a couple years ago and they were blowing out the Mavs with two minutes to play, like 112-92. They had a promotion if the Lakers scored 120 point everyone got free Jack-in-the-Box tacos. The final two minutes was 18,000 people chanting, "WE WANT TACOS!, clap, clap, clap clap clap, WE WANT TACOS..." It was a fricking riot and kept everyone in their seats until the final horn.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 10:58 AM
  #16
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Do we still have the Chalupa promotion? I went to a Lakers game a couple years ago and they were blowing out the Mavs with two minutes to play, like 112-92. They had a promotion if the Lakers scored 120 point everyone got free Jack-in-the-Box tacos. The final two minutes was 18,000 people chanting, "WE WANT TACOS!, clap, clap, clap clap clap, WE WANT TACOS..." It was a fricking riot and kept everyone in their seats until the final horn.
I was watching the Islanders game yesterday and caught this exchange, with the Islanders up on Carolina early, paraphrased for your enjoyment:

It's only the first period and everyone gets free chili. It only takes 3 goals now. Really, just 3. I remember when men were men, the Islanders were winning cups and it took 6 goals to get free chili.

The goals were easier back then.

So was the chili.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:37 AM
  #17
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I was watching the Islanders game yesterday and caught this exchange, with the Islanders up on Carolina early, paraphrased for your enjoyment:

It's only the first period and everyone gets free chili. It only takes 3 goals now. Really, just 3. I remember when men were men, the Islanders were winning cups and it took 6 goals to get free chili.

The goals were easier back then.

So was the chili.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 01:06 PM
  #18
hao chi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Do we still have the Chalupa promotion? I went to a Lakers game a couple years ago and they were blowing out the Mavs with two minutes to play, like 112-92. They had a promotion if the Lakers scored 120 point everyone got free Jack-in-the-Box tacos. The final two minutes was 18,000 people chanting, "WE WANT TACOS!, clap, clap, clap clap clap, WE WANT TACOS..." It was a fricking riot and kept everyone in their seats until the final horn.
What a cliffhanger! Did you guys get free tacos or not!?!










I'm being kind of sarcastic, but I actually am curious if you guys got tacos.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:07 PM
  #19
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
What a cliffhanger! Did you guys get free tacos or not!?!

I'm being kind of sarcastic, but I actually am curious if you guys got tacos.
Damn straight. Farmar hit a 3 at the buzzer and you'd have thought it was a game winner, not icing on a 13-point win.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
  #20
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
No more Chalupa Promo. they do have a free bread stick @ dreaded Oggies. But I believe you have to redeem it that or the next day. I think that promo is only when Doan scores? forgot.

I do think a promo for certain free things if certain players score goals. My business will sponsor Sauer.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
  #21
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
I do think a promo for certain free things if certain players score goals. My business will sponsor Sauer.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:50 PM
  #22
pyregretzky
 
pyregretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
No more Chalupa Promo. they do have a free bread stick @ dreaded Oggies. But I believe you have to redeem it that or the next day. I think that promo is only when Doan scores? forgot.
It is whenever the Coyotes score a powerplay goal

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 12:48 AM
  #23
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ & PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
No more Chalupa Promo. they do have a free bread stick @ dreaded Oggies. But I believe you have to redeem it that or the next day. I think that promo is only when Doan scores? forgot.

I do think a promo for certain free things if certain players score goals. My business will sponsor Sauer.
In that case my business will support Bissonette.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:31 AM
  #24
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post
In that case my business will support Bissonette.
P******! I'll sponsor two...Bryz and Babar.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 12:23 PM
  #25
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Forgot to mention, if the Coyotes do win on this promotional night then you must have the coupon and your paid ticket to get a free ticket that is of equal or lesser value than what you paid at the gate for the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.