HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY Islanders @ Montreal 10/22/09 7pm EDT - RDS/TSN/MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2009, 10:52 AM
LouisJCloutier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Neither are the Habs,he's paid to fight and cause problems on the ice, not to pretend how to play hockey with his ass sticking out
Well, I think that when he was playing he was OK with keeping the puck in the other team zone. With his experience, I can't believe he doesn't know how to do an enforcer job. Do the coaches want him to fight or get dirty and he doesn't ? Or is it because he had a tendancy to extend his shift lately ?

If he's unhappy, just get rid of him pure and simple. He has no impact on the game.

Anyway, the way player reacted after Gomez goal say a lot. I heard that Plekanec too had no reaction.

D'Agostini seems to have some attitude issue too. After S.K, he's the only other player that Martin went after saying he kept getting bad penalty and didn't show enough commitment in pratice.

Old
10-22-2009, 10:56 AM
NHLcrazy

I like tonight lineup tonight.

Good to see Halak back, it's not about who's the #1 goalie, it's about giving recognition to players who have a good game. No wonder Chips, Lats and Pacioretty are all on the 4th line, they deserve it.

Old
10-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Well, I think that when he was playing he was OK with keeping the puck in the other team zone. With his experience, I can't believe he doesn't know how to do an enforcer job. Do the coaches want him to fight or get dirty and he doesn't ? Or is it because he had a tendancy to extend his shift lately ?

If he's unhappy, just get rid of him pure and simple. He has no impact on the game.

Anyway, the way player reacted after Gomez goal say a lot. I heard that Plekanec too had no reaction.

D'Agostini seems to have some attitude issue too. After S.K, he's the only other player that Martin went after saying he kept getting bad penalty and didn't show enough commitment in pratice.

Game wasn't over at that point,I understand what you are saying but Kovalev never showed emotion after a goal either and he was loved here

Old
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
LouisJCloutier

Quote:
Game wasn't over at that point,I understand what you are saying but Kovalev never showed emotion after a goal either and he was loved here
Well I wasn't questionning Pleky's attitude just sayin'

We know that he's not the kind of guy that will jump all over the place after a goal.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
LouisJCloutier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I like tonight lineup tonight.

Good to see Halak back, it's not about who's the #1 goalie, it's about giving recognition to players who have a good game.
Well, it's true that Mara, Gorges, Gill, Hamrlik and Spacek deserve recognition for that

Old
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Magic33

Glad to see Halak is getting some respect. He deserves to play a decent number of games. I saw his quote in the Gazette today about being patient, but at the same time wanting to be a number 1 goalie. He said hes a bull, a taurus. This guy has the right attitude, Skost should take notes.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:15 AM
peicurler91

I think the Habs will win 3-1 (Tavares scores for the Islanders)

Old
10-22-2009, 11:19 AM
LoyalHabsFan

Quote:
But but no one wants to fight with him.....
I hate it when people say that to defend UGL (Useless George Laraque). The reason people don't want to fight him is because he is useless on the ice!!! Except for young goons who want to make a name for themselves, why would anyone spend time in the box for fighting a player who is a liability on the ice? People are ranting and ranting about UGL because he hasn't done anything at all, since he joined the Habs. NO MORE USELESS STAGED FIGHT: just a waste of time, and not exciting either. What we want is to see him hit the opposition's star players, be involved in scrums, do whatever he needs to piss off the other team, THEN people will want to fight him.

By the way, my comment is not directed to you personally, as I am pretty sure you were being sarcastic, but rather to those who keep using the "no one wants to fight him" excuse as a valid argument.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Glad to see Halak is getting some respect. He deserves to play a decent number of games. I saw his quote in the Gazette today about being patient, but at the same time wanting to be a number 1 goalie. He said hes a bull, a taurus. This guy has the right attitude, Skost should take notes.
He does deserve the respect but his 1st game in Calgary he wasn't very good,Habs should have won that game if Halak had played half decent.Price played like crap in Vancouver but besides that game has not looked bad at all.Keep playing the one who gets you the W,I have no problem with that

Old
10-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalHabsFan View Post
I hate it when people say that to defend UGL (Useless George Laraque). The reason people don't want to fight him is because he is useless on the ice!!! Except for young goons who want to make a name for themselves, why would anyone spend time in the box for fighting a player who is a liability on the ice? People are ranting and ranting about UGL because he hasn't done anything at all, since he joined the Habs. NO MORE USELESS STAGED FIGHT: just a waste of time, and not exciting either. What we want is to see him hit the opposition's star players, be involved in scrums, do whatever he needs to piss off the other team, THEN people will want to fight him.

By the way, my comment is not directed to you personally, as I am pretty sure you were being sarcastic, but rather to those who keep using the "no one wants to fight him" excuse as a valid argument.
I was being sarcastic and don't take anything personal so don't worry

Problem is he has a hard time hitting players cause by the time he gets there the other player already moved the puck up ice and is on the move.Look at Artyukhin last night he got another big hit and injured a player(Niskanen) I'm not saying I love when a player gets injured but at least he understands his role and finishes all his body checks,unlike the guy who just keeps talking about the media and how bad they are,should look in the mirror Big George!

Old
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Well, it's true that Mara, Gorges, Gill, Hamrlik and Spacek deserve recognition for that
well you need to dress 18 players! but I know what you mean...

Old
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Perrah

The only thing that is ****** about playing the goalie that wins is that this team counts alot on the team defence (unless the goalie steals the game), so it could lead to trust issues down the road for one goalie or the other. That being said ride halak for a couple games if he wins and let price keeping working his ass of in practice, it cant hurt.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:37 AM
RE-HABS

With Hawks giving up soft goals and the Toews injury and salary issues in Chicago maybe this is a showcase opportunity Halak to be part of a package to Chicago???

Old
10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
albertabound

Is Martin gone nuts

What has Lappy done to move up to second line??? He can't even see the play or set one up let alone help out scoring on second line. Has the Hab coaching gone crazy??? Put Moen or Dags there---- oh forgot not from Montreal here we go again Carbo style is setting in stay tune next game watch Latenderness on with Gionta and Cammy.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
What has Lappy done to move up to second line??? He can't even see the play or set one up let alone help out scoring on second line. Has the Hab coaching gone crazy??? Put Moen or Dags there---- oh forgot not from Montreal here we go again Carbo style is setting in stay tune next game watch Latenderness on with Gionta and Cammy.
Lappy sucks just about equal as everybody playing the role he's gonna play which makes him good enough to get his chance.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Tray4Adams

Carbo would have been crucified.

Martin gets a free ride.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
He was hitting hard and skating hard the last couple of games, he isn't getting it done with his line and Martin sees the need for size and grit to muck out the corners and play in the dirty places for the skilled guys to succeed. It's not a promotion to Lapierre, more of a here's some help for you boys on the 2nd line to make room for you out there to get the goals we need.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Talent Analyst

What can he does? Nothing has worked so far and the ''best'' player who hasn't played with Plekanek and Kostitsyn is Lapierre. I think our solution is in Hamilton, but...

Old
10-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Right now you just gotta find a way to get Lapierre going,how about we give it a try.Pretty sure if it isn't working he will change the lines during the game

Old
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Dark4ng3l

Lapierre plays hard. He has good speed, can win a faceoff and he is a right handed shot. He also has better hands than he is given credit for (remember his awesome shootout goals?) I think he is potentially a better fit on the 2nd line where he can at least keep up and crash the net than slowtendresse who is always 3 steps behind the play or standig behind the goal line instead of in front of the net.

Old
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Right now you just gotta find a way to get Lapierre going,how about we give it a try.Pretty sure if it isn't working he will change the lines during the game
Exactly, I really don't see the harm in trying it. They need to find someone to play with Andrei and Pleks so this is Lapierre's turn. If it doesn't work then onto to the next one.

Old
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Take it easy, I heard Carbo texts him line combinations from the crowds. We're still paying him right?

Old
25th

Quote:
How in hell does Moen makes more sense that Laps on the 2nd line?

And I would love to see Lats on a line with Gomez and Gionta for 10 strait games. I'm not a big Lats fan but once and for all, we would now for sure if he can do the job or not. The kid need a steady offensive gig before we can say he can't do the job.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Just win baby.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Leo Getz

Why is MAB playing ?!?!? All I have been hearing for the past two days from the doctors... err experts... err talking heads on tv is how concussed he is, and that he shouldn't be playing

Closed Thread