HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings @ Coyotes (10/22/09)

Old
10-22-2009, 11:47 PM
buickcadillacman

vCash: 500
wow good game!!! working hard for a point got us two

buickcadillacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:48 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
A little lucky, but I'll gladly take any win, especially over the Wings.
Nah, never in doubt.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Llewzaher

yeah I hope we can get our game plan back for Saturday ...We never really played our game .I think Detroit plays "our game " but better , but we still came out on top ..They look really deflated after that Vrbata goal .

This was a game where Bryzgalov is really noticed as he had to bail the team out . I wouldn't say we played bad, but we just never controlled the play until the last 5 min .

I for sure thought either Detroit was going to win it in OT or for sure it was going to a shootout .Never imagined we would pull out the win before the shooutout

Last edited by Llewzaher: 10-23-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
ower

vCash: 966
and now comes the cries of the reffing cost the wings the game and they did it because the league wants phoenix to win.

ower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:54 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Takes luck sometimes to win and we got lucky. I'll take it!

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I loved how after the Vrbata goal the team didn't get passive and play for OT. They were absolutely peppering Detroit and clearly going for the win. Gotta love that killer instinct!!!!!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Jakeman

Happy for the players and the new coaching staff and the fans...what a great start to the season. I think Sean Burke as goalie coach is paying off too, Brysgalov looks really relaxed so far. I love this team!

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ower View Post
and now comes the cries of the reffing cost the wings the game and they did it because the league wants phoenix to win.
There were some obvious non-calls against the Red Wings tonight. As I brought up before the ref missed the slash to Upshall's hand. There were numerous times where I found myself screaming at the refs to call some of the interference that the Wings were guilty of.

I realize I'm a "homer" for Phoenix which is why I would never say that reffing would have cost us this game had we lost. I would have been frustrated but acknowledged the great skill and speed (and what I thought was decent goaltending) of the Red Wings. Hopefully they can acknowledge that Phoenix had their moments in this game as well.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:04 AM
JavJav

I'll take the W.

JavJav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:05 AM
ducky

According to the wings board the refs gave the game to Phoenix - the tieing goal should have been disallowed and the OT goal was offside?

Fact or fiction?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:11 AM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Wow let the Wings fans cry all they want, this was an awesome win by our guys tonight. They came from behind against an awesome team, and forced OT. Prucha's goal was fine, that puck was moving around in the crease, and luckily he had his stick on it just long enough to make it slide across the line. As for Aucoin's goal that was all on Osgood. It should have been an easy save, but somehow he re-directed it into his own net. This wasn't our prettiest game played, but we worked hard and never quit. Hell of a job Yotes.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:12 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
According to the wings board the refs gave the game to Phoenix - the tieing goal should have been disallowed and the OT goal was offside?

Fact or fiction?
Unless they changed the rule recently that if the puck is visible and not controlled by the goalie, you're not allowed to try and whack the **** out of it, good goal.

And, no, it was not close to being offside.

Reading the Wings board you'd never guess the Wings controlled the game for more than 57 minutes.

Old
10-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Atrkl

Nothing more satisfying than seeing Red Wings fans crying, go Yotes

Atrkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:17 AM
samabam

just like other games this season I am again really impressed by the Vandermeer-Aucoin pairing. They both look really good defensively and Aucoin also helps in the Offense, two great acquisitions by Maloney.
Also I really loved how Michalek assisted on the 2-2, great little move by him

samabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:19 AM
lawless and lulu

i am a redwing fan, had no problems with the 2nd goal,,,,the third goal however i do have a problem with.

what the heck was osgood doing.....u guys played a great game. good win

keep up the sucess

lawless and lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
RR

Anyone notice Mueller took several draws tonight? And did Lombardi take any?

Old
10-23-2009, 12:41 AM
indczn

First off... That was my dad and me as season ticket holders of the game

Anyway, as for the game. Typical redwings game, except for the result.
We looked like we were scared of them, until the middle of the 3rd. We kept playing playing sloppy and turning the puck over in the neutral zone. No real explanation for it, but it was pretty ugly.

Bryzgalov played very well, neither goal was his fault. He made several good saves, as well as being sound positionally.

Lepisto was an amazing pickup. For our "seventh" defenseman, hes been huge. Hardly ever making mistakes, just all around good play in all 3 zones. The biggest thing is, we are playing so much better in our own zone. Instead of just dumping it off the glass and out, we are holding onto the puck and making a good play, or circling back when pressured. Competely opposite of last year.

Upshall... His play has been bothering me. Noticed hes frequently been the one guilty of the neutral zone turnovers, and somewhat sloppy play resulting in the odd man rushes. He plays hard, though i wont be shocked if he sits a game.

Pyatt looks like he missed training camp and the start of the season. Hes big, but still somewhat sluggish at times.

I'm thrilled with the victory, because we were sloppy for most of the game. Despite that, Detroit didnt have nearly as many good chances as they should have, given our turnovers. They still had too many, but at the end of the game, we really turned it around to pull out the win.

Osgood was probably too busy trying to knock the net off on Aucoins goal. Karma.

Glad we got 2 points, Tippetts postgame was dead on.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:43 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post

Fact or fiction?
I just saw the play of the tying goal twice on NHL on the fly. Osgood definitely never had control of the puck.

Wings fans also complained Prucha pushed Osgood in the net, but Prucha was lying on the ice in front of Osgood while Datsyuk and somebody else pushed Vrbata into Osgood.

I didn't see if the goal was offside, but I think Osgood's inability to stop a beach ball should be a more pressing concern for Wings fans.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:44 AM
starman
we're here to stay!

Great ending. I thought for sure we were beat but then we came out like gangbusters in the last few minutes. Kudos to the boys for their effort and stealing 2 points from the dead things! Tonight we saw a team on their way up and a team on their way out. I can't wait for Saturday! Thanks RR! :-)

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:46 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I was pretty confused when Upshall was taking face-offs for Lombardi.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:52 AM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Listening to Tippett's post game interview reminds me of why I love him.

"Coach Tippett! You just beat the Detroit Red Wings who are clearly the greatest team ever, what are you going to do?"

"We can do better. There is more than that in this team and I intend to get it out of them."

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:56 AM
SR

Quote:
Saw that as well, Marc. I am assuming you were at the game tonight, how the attendance? Didnt look too-too bad on the tv....

As for Lambo, I am almost positive he was a winger tonight.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 01:02 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
Saw that as well, Marc. I am assuming you were at the game tonight, how the attendance? Didnt look too-too bad on the tv....

As for Lambo, I am almost positive he was a winger tonight.
Actually missed tonight, home with the flu and didn't want to infect our section. Last thing we need is fewer people on Saturday.

Announced was ~ 12,000, people I spoke to who were there were saying 10 or 11. Upstairs was pretty full AIUI.

Old
10-23-2009, 01:05 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
Pyatt looks like he missed training camp and the start of the season. Hes big, but still somewhat sluggish at times.
Pyatt just looked really stiff to me. Maybe it's because he's a big guy or has oversized shoulder pads, but I swear most of the time he handled the puck it looked like his elbows were strapped to his torso--no arm extension and limited movement.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 01:08 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Actually missed tonight, home with the flu and didn't want to infect our section. Last thing we need is fewer people on Saturday.

Announced was ~ 12,000, people I spoke to who were there were saying 10 or 11. Upstairs was pretty full AIUI.
Upstairs was 75-85% full. Penalty box side of the lower bowl was packed solid goal line to goal line. Bench side of the lower bowl was a wasteland. Behinds the nets was spotty in the lower bowl also.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote