HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Need of help

Old
10-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Predaleafs

vCash: 500
Need of help

Hey me and my friend are looking all over the states to move. Dont no y the states and not stay in canada butwe have Nashville on our list. could u guys do me a favour and help educate me on what u can do in nashville and things like that.

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 12:44 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

What can you do in what regard? As far as the job market is concerned? Entertainment? Housing?

I can tell you that if you're in the healthcare or IT fields you could probably find something without much of a problem. The cost of living in Nashville is pretty low compared to places further north. Housing is relatively cheap. The city isn't huge, but it has its qualities.

I recommend researching online to narrow your list to a few, and then visiting those places.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Predaleafs

cuz me and my buddie just turned 18 about to turn 19 and like im in computers and writing. Any business for a writer down there or should i be looking else where. He is in computers. Is there much fo an entertainment district adn all and what si one thing u have to do when u go down. We are planning a trip soon adn all just to see.

Old
10-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Webersmashpuck

Well with the computers, Nashville might be a bit better to find a job than some other places now.

The entertainment factor is pretty good as well. There is a strip in downtown Nashville with loads of bars were many people go on weekends. Its a decent time if you dont like country music and a really good time if you like country music.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue14 View Post
cuz me and my buddie just turned 18 about to turn 19 and like im in computers and writing. Any business for a writer down there or should i be looking else where. He is in computers. Is there much fo an entertainment district adn all and what si one thing u have to do when u go down. We are planning a trip soon adn all just to see.
I think you could write for the Tennessean.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I think you could write for the Tennessean.
Maybe we could get him an "I Beat Biddle" bumper sticker?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Well with the computers, Nashville might be a bit better to find a job than some other places now.

The entertainment factor is pretty good as well. There is a strip in downtown Nashville with loads of bars were many people go on weekends. Its a decent time if you dont like country music and a really good time if you like country music.
We are big Taylor Swift fans and are looking to get away from canada. I have done some research and have narrowed it down to Chicago, Nashville and San Francisco with Nashville leading the way.

Old
10-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Predaleafs

Because we are younger we are trying to find a cheap apartment do u guys no any or antyhing we could do for things like this. Right now we are looking at something called Nob Hill Apartments any info you guys can send our way would be the greatest

Old
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Nob Hill Apartments are outside of Nashville along Harding Place. Honestly, I wouldn't live around there. If you're just looking for some cheap places to stay within a relatively short (30 miles) drive of downtown Nashville you should look into the Smyrna or Murfreesboro areas. For the most part they are nice areas and fairly priced. Murfreesboro is also a college town, so a lot of very attractive women

Old
10-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Predaleafs

lol thankx guys for all the help nashville is looking really well. I am planning a quick trip to decide btu how hard would u guys say it is to get a job down there

Old
10-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

I'd look in the Smyrna area to live as well, since that's where I bought my house. Great area to live.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 05:30 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If I were you I'd start looking at jobs in whatever area you decide to move to well before you pack your bags. Indeed.com or craigslist

Old
10-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue14 View Post
We are big Taylor Swift fans and are looking to get away from canada. I have done some research and have narrowed it down to Chicago, Nashville and San Francisco with Nashville leading the way.
Positives for Nashville
1 Low Taxes (no state or city income tax) and cost of living.
2 Friendly atmosphere. People are more willing to help a stranger here than most cities, I've been too.
3 Low crime. There are some places you will not want to go to, but there aren't car being stripped as you come into town either.
4 Since you are a hockey fans, the Predators. Game tickets are affordable and you can be gotten easily.

Negatives
1 Small town. There is not as much entertainment options here as some cities.
2 Stereotypes. When people find out you live in Tn. they instantly want to drop your IQ 70 points.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 03:40 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I can tell you that between Nashville, Chicago and San Franciso, that Nashville will be the most cost friendly to 2 young people...probably by a good bit.

I recommend Hendersonville as a nice area to live. (fyi, since you're fans, taylor swift lives/lived here)

Many new apartment and condos being built around here....and affordable.

Lots of new restaurants and shops.

About 20-30 minutes northeast of Nashville, depending on traffic.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:27 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Mt Juliet is probably worth a look, too. It's pretty close to Interstate 40, which leads right into Nashville, and it's been growing rapidly.

Just steer clear of trying to find an apartment inside of Nashville, or anything in the Antioch/La Vergne areas. The amount of crime in the cheaper residential areas in those two places is getting out of control. I used to have a home in La Vergne. One day, on the way home from work, I had to detour because the police had taped off the road in my neighborhood I took. There had been a shooting in broad daylight over some silly high school argument.

Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Lebanon (if you like open space), Mt Juliet... good areas to check into.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:36 PM
pred33fan

I think it all depends where in LaVergne you live. It's been 3 years since I moved here and have never had a single issue in my area. LaVergne is an affordable area, but some parts are a little sketchy.

pred33fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Predaleafs

thankx for all the help guys it has helped us out alot but i still got a couple of questions do u guys no of any of the corporations down there. To move permanently down there we need to be sponsored by a corporation or family member. i was just wondering if you guys no of any companies down there for computers or writing that would do such a thing. Again thankx with everything

Old
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Predaleafs

Have any of you guys heard of arbors on main in hendersonville and do u guys got any reactions or tips. all help is welcome and thank you gusy so much