HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Colorado-Edmonton

Old
10-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

vCash: 500
Colorado-Edmonton

Let me just say that this proposal may not be liked by either sides fans but I think it's necessary. I've heard some rumors(well 1 guy mentioned it on these boards in like game 3 or 4 that I vaguely recall) that even with his improved play Wolski has not been getting good ice time and that the coach is not happy with him. On the other side there seems to be no place for 2 young players within the oilers organization. Andrew Cogliano and Robert Nilsson. Both guys like it in Edmonton I believe but I think they also know that it is almost time to move on(I think Cogliano knows this especially as Bob Mckenzie has mentioned in an interview with Bob Stauffer). I think it would be best for both sides if these two teams moved on. Anyways here goes.

To Colorado:
Andrew Cogliano
Robert Nilsson
7th pick in 2010

To Edmonton:
Wojtek Wolski

The problem with this deal is obviously that it leaves Colorado without a skilled big man like Wolski in their forward group which is why I could see them hesitating to do this deal. I admit this isn't the most well thought out proposal but I think theres something to it. It just came to me I guess.

Longwinded opening post but....

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Pure

No chance in hell the Avs do this. Cogliano doesn't fit with the Avs at all. Hes not a good winger and he certainly won't play center above the guys we already have there. Nilsson has negative value while Wolski is leading the team in points (2 pts tonight and played great).

The avs need a young winger for Duchene or a guy who can take over for Hejduk in a couple of years. They could also use another young defensive dman. So really they have the same needs as the Oilers, which is why I don't really see a trade opportunity between those two.

Last edited by Pure: 10-24-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
No chance in hell the Avs do this. Cogliano doesn't fit with the Avs at all. Hes not a good winger and he certainly won't play center above the guys we already have there. Nilsson has negative value while Wolski is leading the team in points (2 pts tonight and played great).
Cogliano can play wing. If anything hes more of a winger than a center. I don't know why the oilers don't convert him. Well, I do know why, too many small wingers. Besides this deal gives the avs a little bit more offensive punch if you ask me. It's not like Cogliano has been having an awful season and Nilsson could do something with a change of scenery.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:02 AM
PeterTheGreat

This is why Wolski is so frustrating. With the way he played tonight, they're are few players in the league I'd deal him for (slight hyperbole obviously). He was fantastic tonight.

Personally I say no to this deal. Wolski has 10 points in 10 games including 5 goals, and he looked real good with Duchene tonight.

Nilsson the Avs have plenty of. He's a small, soft scoring winger that doesn't score enough for the deficiency's in his game (Svatos/Hensick).

The 7th round pick is basically nothing.

Basically Cogs for Wojo straight up. I'd rather keep Wojtek. Better the evil u know than the evil u don't right?

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:08 AM
shadow1

Cogliano couldn't even land Heatley...why would he land Wolski?

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I suppose. I just think it's a strong deal for both sides. I don't see Wolski as a longterm fixture for the avs with the inconsistencies hes gone through over there. I think a wake up call for him is in order in the form of being shipped out.

He's our LW/C depth chart with Wolski potentially(those are his two positions right)

Penner
Wolski
Jaques
Moreau

not bad.

heres the center depth

Gagner
Wolski
Horcoff
Brule

MONEY!

Comrie and O'Sullivan fit in there somewhere. Maybe on the right side.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
I suppose. I just think it's a strong deal for both sides. I don't see Wolski as a longterm fixture for the avs with the inconsistencies hes gone through over there. I think a wake up call for him is in order in the form of being shipped out.
I don't think we'd like to see him wake up for a division rival. I wouldn't do this trade, despite Wolski's benchings this season, the flashes of brilliance he's shown give him more value than Cogs. Don't want Nilsson at all, and the seventh round pick isn't sweetening the deal much.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
I don't think we'd like to see him wake up for a division rival. I wouldn't do this trade, despite Wolski's benchings this season, the flashes of brilliance he's shown give him more value than Cogs. Don't want Nilsson at all, and the seventh round pick isn't sweetening the deal much.
Huh, wasn't aware how Nilsson was viewed. Anyways I guess another roster player would be in order to get it done? I don't think that's possible from an Edmonton standpoint. Maybe when Wolski is on one of his cold streaks it would be enough to get it done.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:17 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Cogliano can play wing. If anything hes more of a winger than a center. I don't know why the oilers don't convert him. Well, I do know why, too many small wingers. Besides this deal gives the avs a little bit more offensive punch if you ask me. It's not like Cogliano has been having an awful season and Nilsson could do something with a change of scenery.
Whenever Cogs plays on the wing he has a habit of wandering back to center. He's been given lots of chances on the wing.

He's got too much of a pee-wee hockey mentality. Chase the puck chase the puck chase the puck.

If he could win lots of faceoffs, we'd never have signed Comrie and he'd be our 2nd line center.

If he could be patient and play well positionally on the wing, he'd be 1st or 2nd line LW.

He's still young.
I'm hoping Reney can get in his head and change some things around, since he's got a great track record with youngsters.

But as for the proposal here, I'd have no choice but to say yes to this deal.

Woliski's size and potiental for Cogliano... plus you guys eat Nilson's 2M for us. Great deal for us!

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:20 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

He's our LW/C depth chart with Wolski potentially(those are his two positions right)

Penner
Wolski
Jaques
Moreau

not bad.

heres the center depth

Gagner
Wolski
Horcoff
Brule

MONEY!

Comrie and O'Sullivan fit in there somewhere. Maybe on the right side.
Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
Wolski-Comrie-O'Sullivan
JFJ-Horcoff-Brule
Moreau-____-Pisani/Stortini

I really like those top 3 lines.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Ok for the sake of Avs fans. Lets remove Nilsson since he has bad value. Whos the other player that the avs want? I don't think the oilers 3 young d are possible because that would be bordering on robbery for colorado.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:22 AM
PeterTheGreat

Also, trading Wolski within the division scares the sh** out of me. He's the type of player who could make us regret that for a long time.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:23 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Ok for the sake of Avs fans. Lets remove Nilsson since he has bad value. Whos the other player that the avs want?
Gilbert? Im not really sure. Still wouldn't like to trade Wojo in division, but if the right deal came along...

Old
10-24-2009, 01:23 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Gilbert? Im not really sure. Still wouldn't like to trade Wojo in division, but if the right deal came along...
Read the edit....

Old
10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

I'm against trading Wolski this season unless there's a deal that blows our socks off.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Ahh, my thoughts are that if we can't essentially create a swap Cogliano for a different mould of young player a la Wolski it's not worth it. I really feel that once Wolski goes on one of his cold streaks he could be easily had. Even with in the division which imo is not as taboo as it once was. Especially in this tradeless league. I just have this feeling that it's a good swap. Call me crazy even with av fans and even some oiler fans not liking from a Colorado standpoint I still do.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
shadow1

Quote:
Ahh, my thoughts are that if we can't essentially create a swap Cogliano for a different mould of young player a la Wolski it's not worth it. I really feel that once Wolski goes on one of his cold streaks he could be easily had. Even with in the division which imo is not as taboo as it once was. Especially in this tradeless league. I just have this feeling that it's a good swap. Call me crazy even with av fans and even some oiler fans not liking from a Colorado standpoint I still do.
Not really.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Not really.
He's already on the hot seat and he's not even playing that poorly. I think we'll see in time that the patience starts to wear thin with whatever is creating tension there. Certainly if things go bad it will create a big window for a trade.

An offering of Cogliano + might force managements hand.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:55 AM
viach

no deal..

viach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:01 AM
danishh

with the stage the avs are in right now, I think the only way they could justify trading wolski is if someone with just as much or more potential for the future was coming back. Yes, i'm talking about one of eberle or mps. Obviously, the oil would have no interest in trading them within the division, so i think its safe to say this trade is a no-go.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
with the stage the avs are in right now, I think the only way they could justify trading wolski is if someone with just as much or more potential for the future was coming back. Yes, i'm talking about one of eberle or mps. Obviously, the oil would have no interest in trading them within the division, so i think its safe to say this trade is a no-go.
That doesn't make sense I don't think. Why trade a young player who is nhl ready for a prospect? NHL GMs don't think that way. Especially not in Colorado.

I think like me perhaps you may be out thinking yourself on this one.

edit: pardon the double negative man.

Old
10-24-2009, 02:05 AM
cody275

Quote:
He's already on the hot seat and he's not even playing that poorly. I think we'll see in time that the patience starts to wear thin with whatever is creating tension there. Certainly if things go bad it will create a big window for a trade.

An offering of Cogliano + might force managements hand.
No it wouldn't "force managements hand".

This whole Wolski in the doghouse thing is being overblown by some Avs fans.

Sacco wants people to play to their potential, simple as that. In the past Wolski has responded well to being benched. So Sacco tried it and Wolski came back with a good game.

It's not like he is being benched a full game. He is missing the third period of two games. What is that, possibly 10 minutes of ice time?

Wolski isn't going anywhere, barring a offer that can not be refused (Cogs is not a player that would do that).

Colorado has enough wingers like Cogs, and no way does he get to play center.

On top of that I doubt Wolski gets traded to a division rival, if at all for that matter.

He is producing right now, and getting a good amount of ice.

With Sacco, if he plays bad he gets benched, he will learn that soon enough and then hopefully all this will be forgotten

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:08 AM
cody275

Quote:
That doesn't make sense I don't think. Why trade a young player who is nhl ready for a prospect? NHL GMs don't think that way. Especially not in Colorado.

I think like me perhaps you may be out thinking yourself on this one.

edit: pardon the double negative man.
No he is right. Colorado would probably want a person with more potential then Wolski like an MSP or Eberle including in an offer.

Why would Colorado trade a player like Wolski for fair value. He isn't on a horrible contract for what he brings, and they are in no hurry to deal him. I doubt he gets moved at all for that matter.

Colorado has no reason to move Wolski and it would take an overpayment to get him out of Colorado

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:17 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I would discuss this more but it's a little late. Also my keyboard is out of battery, to wrap this up I can see the avs and oilers might not be the best trading partners. My hope is though like I said for the oil to create a swap involving Cogliano for a different mould of young player like Wolski.

that took some time to type

Old
10-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post

The avs need a young winger for Duchene or a guy who can take over for Hejduk in a couple of years. They could also use another young defensive dman. So really they have the same needs as the Oilers, which is why I don't really see a trade opportunity between those two.
Hey watch an Oilers game....there happens to be one on CBC tonight

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote