HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne at the draft Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 11:38 AM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Gagne at the draft Proposal

FLA needs a quality LW and we pick 7th in this draft. Gagne is a solid player that IMO Dudley would like.

I've been wondering about this for a while now and I know Clarke loves dealing at the draft, so would you guys do:

Gagne

for

FLA's first in 04 (7th overall)

???

Old
04-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Is this a joke?

Old
04-10-2004, 11:41 AM
blah

I can't see the Flyers going for that.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:48 AM
PanthersRule96

Obviously his value is higher now when he has heated up. IMO he's not worth trading one of our top prospects and he's not worth a top 3 pick.

What would you ask for then cause FLA would possibly give a 1rst and 3rd and maybe a 1rst and late second then, but it's not like he's an 80 point scorer or something. He's a great 55+ point guy worth a lot but not like Gaborik or Kovo.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Is this a joke?
It isn't that bad of an offer. Personally, I wouldn't accept it, but it isn't that bad.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Cup4Philly

If you had offered this proposal back in December, you may have gotten a different response. But now that Gagne is playing great and seems to have his confidence back, I think the Flyers would be crazy to trade him for the 7th pick in the draft. I don't think this year's draft is supposed to be all that deep.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:56 AM
blah

Gagne won't move unless he's part of a deal to bring the Flyers a better player. They'd be foolish to deal him for a pick unless it's 1st overall.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Obviously his value is higher now when he has heated up. IMO he's not worth trading one of our top prospects and he's not worth a top 3 pick.
It's not going to happen.

The deal would have to be overwelming. Fedotenko and two 2nd rounders got us the 4th overall pick. Now that was a ripoff by the Flyers, but trading Gagne strait up for the 7th pick would be a fleecing.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
It isn't that bad of an offer. Personally, I wouldn't accept it, but it isn't that bad.
A proven first line NHLer for a guy who hasn't stepped foot on NHL ice?

Edit: Maby I'm being harsh, I just really get annoyed by everybody writing off Simon Gagne.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:03 PM
panayiotis

Sure

Quote:
FLA needs a quality LW and we pick 7th in this draft. Gagne is a solid player that IMO Dudley would like.

I've been wondering about this for a while now and I know Clarke loves dealing at the draft, so would you guys do:

Gagne

for

FLA's first in 04 (7th overall)

???
Lets throw Joni in 2.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:31 PM
RoDu

It's a weak draft, no deal

Old
04-10-2004, 01:45 PM
PanthersRule96

Geez. I mean it's a first round pick, it not like I'm asking for Pitkanen or Kovalchuk or Gaborik cause that would be insane but ok, I understand that you think Gagne is worth more than a first rounder. The thing is, if CHI picks Barker, CBJ will probably trade down and get a dman and I'm sure Dudley like Olesz and CBJ is probably looking at Barker, Thelen, O'Neil and Green. I mean we could easily IMO move up and grab Olesz probably only for a second rounder.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
I believe it has more to do with the fact that Gagne is the only thing the Flyers have in terms of offensive capablity on the left winger after John Leclair, who is 34-35 and will retire within the next two-three years. If Columbus is that interested in a defenceman and Chicago drafts Barker, they could draft a defenceman from fourth overall. None of us can say what they "will probably" do if Chicago picks Barker. For all we know, Columbus could be looking at for themself.

Personally, I think it is too early to start talking about possible draft trades. After all, the Flyers are still in the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
You gotta be kidding me. Gags isn't going anywhere.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Dropkick Alex

You guys are really overating Gange IMO. I mean alot of talent players, example, Legwand, He hasn't scored alot but everyone knows he has the talent. Gange has alot of support. Legwand has no support. I think Gange is good but once he comes to Florida if this in fact happens he will drop a little in points. He's a player that needs a supporting cast. If you put Kegwand in Philly he would produce to. You guys are just overating him a little.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:

What would you ask for then cause FLA would possibly give a 1rst and 3rd and maybe a 1rst and late second then, but it's not like he's an 80 point scorer or something. He's a great 55+ point guy worth a lot but not like Gaborik or Kovo.
I wouldn't trade Gagne for the first overall pick. His all around play and smarts makes him one of the 3 top flyers. He doesn't move for youth or a pick if he ever does get traded it would be for an NHL ready player.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
You guys are really overating Gange IMO. I mean alot of talent players, example, Legwand, He hasn't scored alot but everyone knows he has the talent. Gange has alot of support. Legwand has no support. I think Gange is good but once he comes to Florida if this in fact happens he will drop a little in points. He's a player that needs a supporting cast. If you put Kegwand in Philly he would produce to. You guys are just overating him a little.
First off, do you even know who we're talking about? His name is GAGNE, not Gange. Secondly, Gagne went like 25 games without a goal this season and still put up good numbers playing on the third line. If Gagne was more consistent he'd be a 35-40 goal scorer, at the age of 21 he scored 33, so don't tell me he'll never reach those numbers. One more thing, besides being the most talented forward we have, he's also the best defensively, so no way he gets traded, unless it's for a game breaker, something that will not be available at #7.

It's not a case of us overrating Gagne, it's a case of you overrating prospects and underrating Gagne.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Gange has alot of support. Legwand has no support.
Gagne plays with Primeau and Kapanen on a shutdown line, Legwand has a better offensive supporting cast than Gagne does.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Gagne>>>>>>Legwand defensively. And if you don't want me to "overrate him" I will same they are the same offensively. He also did win a gold medal in the olympics and played well tha has to say something. If anything his game is whole game is underrated.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
First off, do you even know who we're talking about? His name is GAGNE, not Gange. Secondly, Gagne went like 25 games without a goal this season and still put up good numbers playing on the third line. If Gagne was more consistent he'd be a 35-40 goal scorer, at the age of 21 he scored 33, so don't tell me he'll never reach those numbers. One more thing, besides being the most talented forward we have, he's also the best defensively, so no way he gets traded, unless it's for a game breaker, something that will not be available at #7.

It's not a case of us overrating Gagne, it's a case of you overrating prospects and underrating Gagne.
People who don't see Gags play on a nightly basis don't know his true value.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy

And overrating a pick in a not so deep draft.

Gagne is one of the Flyers best defensive forwards, and he can help offensively (as shown Sunday and Thursday). He wouldn't be on the team's shut down line if he couldn't play defense, that is where his worth is on the team for the most part.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:17 PM
blah

Quote:
Isn't Legwand a center? If he was on the Flyers he'd be on the the 4th line. Not only is that an awful comparison but it's also wrong. Gagne >>>>> Legwand.

I think you and your jealous Panther bretheren grossly under-rate Gagne. Clarke gave up Fedotenko and 2 2nds for Pitkanen. Does anybody honestly think Gagne goes for as little as a late lottery pick and a mid round pick? Laughable to say the least.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:26 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Isn't Legwand a center? If he was on the Flyers he'd be on the the 4th line. Not only is that an awful comparison but it's also wrong. Gagne >>>>> Legwand.

I think you and your jealous Panther bretheren grossly under-rate Gagne. Clarke gave up Fedotenko and 2 2nds for Pitkanen. Does anybody honestly think Gagne goes for as little as a late lottery pick and a mid round pick? Laughable to say the least.
no way Gagne is >>>>> than Legwand. Though I would not do this deal, It is close. A second round pick thrown in and I would do it. Gagne is a lot better than his numbers suggest, because he plays a selke callibre game on defense.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:37 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
no way Gagne is >>>>> than Legwand. Though I would not do this deal, It is close. A second round pick thrown in and I would do it. Gagne is a lot better than his numbers suggest, because he plays a selke callibre game on defense.
yes way Gagne >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legwand. Gagne had 6 more goals than Legwand this year and played a defensive minded game for half the year as well. Gagne has tallied a very big goal in his only playoff game this year and his line was the difference while Legwand is pointless in two playoff games.

Old
04-10-2004, 07:16 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
yeah, Gagne needs a supporting cast...what a joke. the guy skates like the wind, has got soft hands, is a great passer and is only 23 freakin years old. not to mention that he is an awsome two-way player.

and I wouldn't trade him for the Panthers #1 pick. that pick does have real good value but not Gagne type of value.

IMO, Gagne's potential is still extremely high because he isn't even close to hitting his prime yet.

Closed Thread