HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After Eight Games

Old
10-23-2009, 07:01 PM
marty30brodeur*

vCash: 500
parise has been poor in half the games? whatttt. Hes good in every game. Look howmany chances each game he creates and gets. Just because he wasn't scoring and goalies were making ridic saves on him doesn't mean he was playing poor. if half those empty netters go in hes top 5 in goals. And hes been perfect on shootouts. Guy has been our best player this year, easily. Just because you expect so much out of a guy doesn't mean in reality hes playing "poor". Maybe not pariseesque but that is still better than everyone on our team.

marty30brodeur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
parise has been poor in half the games? whatttt. Hes good in every game. Look howmany chances each game he creates and gets. Just because he wasn't scoring and goalies were making ridic saves on him doesn't mean he was playing poor. if half those empty netters go in hes top 5 in goals. And hes been perfect on shootouts. Guy has been our best player this year, easily. Just because you expect so much out of a guy doesn't mean in reality hes playing "poor". Maybe not pariseesque but that is still better than everyone on our team.
Zach did not look that good the first few games of the season. He was doing unusual things like taking shots from long range that weren't really effective. And your logic is retarded. If our best player isn't playing up to expectations (as high as they may be), that means he's playing poorly.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 07:45 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

my lines with Elias:
Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Elias - Zubrus - Bergfors
Pandolfo - Niedmybrother - Clarkson
Zharkov - Pelley - Halischuk/Pikachu/Leblond

Healthy scratch: Rolston

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 08:23 PM
KidRobot

Send a message via AIM to KidRobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
my lines with Elias:

You realize it would cost us $60,000 to sit him for a game?

KidRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
You realize it would cost us $60,000 to sit him for a game?
I know he can be good, but i'm not sure what we can do with him at this point, part of me wonders this:

Parise-Zajac-Rolston
langs-Elias-Bergfors
Zubrus-Nieds-Clarkson
Pando-Pelly-Pikka

Both Rolston and Bergfors need to be surrounded by talent so lets surround them with a ton of it. Rolston is not a great fit at RW and I realize this, but i'm not moving Parise over. Part of me thinks that these could actually be some good combinations, it would give us 3 legitimate scoring lines, but god that 4th line scares the poop out of me!

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:03 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
David Clarkson is 16th on the team in TOI/G, but tied for 3rd in scoring.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Clarkson has always been extremely productive for his TOI.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:08 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Clarkson has always been extremely productive for his TOI.
I know, but I was shocked at just how little ice time he's getting. Both Pandolfo and Bergfors are getting more ice time than he does.

As a matter of fact, the only players below him in ice time are Halischuk, Pikkarainen, Pelley, Peters, and Leblond. Pelley is the only one of those that's a regular on the roster.

So essentially, Clarkson has the 2nd lowest lowest TOI/G on the team. And he's 3rd in points. That's incredible.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Harrison Ford

It seems like the players getting the least ice time in their respective positions (Salvador - defense, Clarkson - forwards) are getting the job done. That is the kind of play we need from guys like these.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
my lines with Elias:

Worst possible scenario... I know he isn't playing like he's supposed to but putting him in the press box isn't gonna help. We all thought he would be a force on the PP with his booming shot from the point but once again, Lou put his trust on a guy that was reaching the downside of his carreer. I don't won't Lou to sign another UFA unless it's a #1 d-men.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I hope he can keep that production up. I'll be very pleased if he breaks 20 goals this year. Clarkson is the type of player who can score no matter who you put him with, mostly because of his tendency not to use his teammates.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I hope he can keep that production up. I'll be very pleased if he breaks 20 goals this year. Clarkson is the type of player who can score no matter who you put him with, mostly because of his tendency not to use his teammates.
20 goals better not be a problem for him. I'm really pulling for him to Randy McKay v2.0, but better,

I'd love to be able to move Zubrus to a line with him, so they are a tough, hitting, skilled cycle line. Maybe once a certain center prospect develops in 3-4 years...

Old
11-16-2009, 01:02 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I wanted to bump this rather than making a new thread...CD, maybe just change the title?

Anyways, let's hear everyone's thoughts on the team after 18 games seeing as though we're almost 1/4 of the way through the season....

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:06 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Well, we're winning despite icing a borderline NHL defense. Parise is producing, Zajac is producing, Bergfors is producing, Zubrus is playing great, if not scoring, our PP actually looks pretty good lately, and Brodeur looks damn good, too.

No complaints here except maybe a bit about Rolston, and a lot about Peters.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

1) This teams resiliency has been amazing
2) Parise and Zajac are an inseperable duo and to be honest it doesnt matter who gets put with them, they will continue to produce
3) Bergfors is going to finish with 50 points this year and imo his most skilled area is his ability to make plays at top speed, whether it be shooting, stickhandling, or passing which is perfect for the transition type of offense we have
4) Our defense is playing like we did in front of Clemmensen last year for these last couple games and that is showing in martys numbers
5) While our defense has been very good, however I will not be impressed until we win a playoff series

Most improved:
Greene
Clarkson
Zajac
Zubrus

Rather just keep off the team:
Pandolfo (still the young guys have shown they can do what he does for less money and better scoring touch)

Im still interested to see what will happen if we get in a slump because its bound to happen. The way our team responds will tell me a lot about the character and how far we might go this year.

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I still don't understand how the team keeps winning, it almost seems like they just will it to happen, and it does. Even more bizarrely, the team seems to be developing great chemistry, despite the fact that Lemaire shuffles the lines 5 times a game.

I think this is because Lemaire has the players buying into his system, despite the fact that nobody can figure out what it is. He is a chameleon, who changes his strategies and lines freely based on our opponent's strategy, and it's working. He expects honest efforts and solid performances from everybody on the team, and they have come through so far, even with a number of key players out.

Our rookies and lesser players are being thrown straight into the fire and have acquitted themselves wonderfully. Andy Greene has emerged into a good defenceman who can play sound defence while chipping in on offence. Bergfors has stepped seamlessly into our top 6. Clarkson is breaking out, and while his goals are still ugly, he is scoring at a rate nobody expected. Sestito and Halischuk have played well recently, and appear to be making the decision to send them back down much harder.

I hope we can keep this up. We are quickly becoming a team to fear in the East, hopefully when our players come back from injury we will be even more scary to our opponents.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote