HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2018 - projected/possible rosters?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2013, 09:54 PM
  #51
JVRIELLYKADRI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
McDavid-Crosby-Stamkos
Hall-Tavares-Mackinnon
Drouin-Toews-Giroux
Benn-Kadri-Reinhart

Pietrangelo-Weber
Rielly-Doughty
Subban-Ekblad

Bernier
Price
Holtby

JVRIELLYKADRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 09:57 PM
  #52
SensBruins4Ever
Registered User
 
SensBruins4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,717
vCash: 5640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufsmyhomie View Post
McDavid-Crosby-Stamkos
Hall-Tavares-Mackinnon
Drouin-Toews-Giroux
Benn-Kadri-Reinhart

Pietrangelo-Weber
Rielly-Doughty
Subban-Ekblad

Bernier
Price
Lehner
Lehner is swedish.


Last edited by SensBruins4Ever: 08-02-2013 at 10:03 PM.
SensBruins4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:05 PM
  #53
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,269
vCash: 500
Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
McDavid - MacKinnon - Seguin
Couture - Toews - Giroux
Drouin - Benn

Doughty - Pietrangelo
Cowen - Subban
Letang - Weber
Ekblad


Price
Holtby
Bernier

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 12:07 PM
  #54
BGuthrie12
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Projected lines for 2018: Canada

These are my projected lines for Canada in the 2018 Olympics in Peongshang, South Korea

Forwards

Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Steven Stamkos (TBL)
Claude Giroux (PHI)
John Tavares (NYI)
Jonathan Toews (CHI)
Taylor Hall (EDM)
Jordan Eberle (EDM)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (EDM)
Conner McDavid (draft 2015)
Evander Kane (WPG)
Nathan MacKinnon (COL)
Matt Duchene (COL)
Sam Reinhart (draft 2014)
Tyler Benson (draft 2016)

Other possibilities are: Jonathan Drouin (TBL), Nazem Kadri (TOR), Corey Perry (ANA), Ryan Getzlaf (ANA), Jamie Benn (DAL), Tyler Seguin (DAL), Eric Staal (CAR), Rick Nash (NYR) and Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA).


Defencemen

P.K. Subban (MTL)
Kristopher Letang (PIT)
Shea Weber (NSH)
Drew Doughty (LAK)
Alex Pietrangelo (STL)
Justin Schultz (EDM)
Ryan Murray (CBJ)
Aaron Ekblad (draft 2014)

Other possibilities: Duncan Keith (CHI), Cody Fransen (TOR), Sean Day (draft 2015), Marc Staal (NYR), Morgan Reilly (TOR), Dougie Hamilton (BOS), Tyler Myers (BUF) and David Quennville (draft 2015)

Goalies

Carey Price (MTL)
Cam Ward (CAR)
Marc-Andre Fleury (PIT)
Zachary Fucale (MTL)

Other possibilities: Roberto Luongo (VAN), Mike Smith (PHX), Braden Holtby (WSH), Malcolm Subban (BOS) and Mark Visentin (PHX).

Projected Lines

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
McDavid - Tavares - Toews
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kane - Duchene - MacKinnon
Sam Reinhart
Tyler Benson

Subban - Letang
Doughty - Pietrangelo
Schultz - Murray
Weber - Ekblad

Carey Price (starter)
Cam Ward
Marc-Andre Fleury

BGuthrie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 12:21 PM
  #55
BGuthrie12
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishdul View Post
Austin Lemieux will decide between playing for Canada, the US and newly seperated Quebec. Whoever has him wins the whole thing.
I've looked at him and he's not that good, I'm sure nobody will have him and even if he does go on a team their not gonna win the whole thing just because of him.

BGuthrie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 12:26 PM
  #56
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGuthrie12 View Post
Projected Lines

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
McDavid - Tavares - Toews
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kane - Duchene - MacKinnon
Sam Reinhart
Tyler Benson

Subban - Letang
Doughty - Pietrangelo
Schultz - Murray
Weber - Ekblad

Carey Price (starter)
Cam Ward
Marc-Andre Fleury
You have 7 right-handed D. Most of your forwards are left-handed and out of position as well.

This would be premature now. Lol at it being from 2009.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 12:34 PM
  #57
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 50
We're having a hard time getting a general consensus on the 2014 Olympics, never mind the 2018 ones..

However, I think we'll slowly see the end of the big seven, that's my prediction.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:02 PM
  #58
Crosbylsmalkin
Registered User
 
Crosbylsmalkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGuthrie12 View Post
These are my projected lines for Canada in the 2018 Olympics in Peongshang, South Korea

Forwards

Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Steven Stamkos (TBL)
Claude Giroux (PHI)
John Tavares (NYI)
Jonathan Toews (CHI)
Taylor Hall (EDM)
Jordan Eberle (EDM)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (EDM)
Conner McDavid (draft 2015)
Evander Kane (WPG)
Nathan MacKinnon (COL)
Matt Duchene (COL)
Sam Reinhart (draft 2014)
Tyler Benson (draft 2016)

Other possibilities are: Jonathan Drouin (TBL), Nazem Kadri (TOR), Corey Perry (ANA), Ryan Getzlaf (ANA), Jamie Benn (DAL), Tyler Seguin (DAL), Eric Staal (CAR), Rick Nash (NYR) and Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA).


Defencemen

P.K. Subban (MTL)
Kristopher Letang (PIT)
Shea Weber (NSH)
Drew Doughty (LAK)
Alex Pietrangelo (STL)
Justin Schultz (EDM)
Ryan Murray (CBJ)
Aaron Ekblad (draft 2014)

Other possibilities: Duncan Keith (CHI), Cody Fransen (TOR), Sean Day (draft 2015), Marc Staal (NYR), Morgan Reilly (TOR), Dougie Hamilton (BOS), Tyler Myers (BUF) and David Quennville (draft 2015)

Goalies

Carey Price (MTL)
Cam Ward (CAR)
Marc-Andre Fleury (PIT)
Zachary Fucale (MTL)

Other possibilities: Roberto Luongo (VAN), Mike Smith (PHX), Braden Holtby (WSH), Malcolm Subban (BOS) and Mark Visentin (PHX).

Projected Lines

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
McDavid - Tavares - Toews
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kane - Duchene - MacKinnon
Sam Reinhart
Tyler Benson

Subban - Letang
Doughty - Pietrangelo
Schultz - Murray
Weber - Ekblad

Carey Price (starter)
Cam Ward
Marc-Andre Fleury
you only have 3 natural wingers in your lineup. i doubt that would work.

and Sean Day is from 2016 draft and i doubt he will be nowhere near a Olympic team in 2018.

Crosbylsmalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
  #59
BGuthrie12
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
You have 7 right-handed D. Most of your forwards are left-handed and out of position as well.

This would be premature now. Lol at it being from 2009.
We'll it doesn't matter that much and I posted this today and it's 2013....

BGuthrie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
  #60
BGuthrie12
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbylsmalkin View Post
you only have 3 natural wingers in your lineup. i doubt that would work.

and Sean Day is from 2016 draft and i doubt he will be nowhere near a Olympic team in 2018.
Sorry about that I meant to put (draft 2016) I don't know what I was thinking because he's in Tyler Benson's draft year..

BGuthrie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:22 PM
  #61
BGuthrie12
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Projected Lines

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
McDavid - Tavares - Toews
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kane - Duchene - MacKinnon
Sam Reinhart (C)
Tyler Benson (LW)


Subban - Letang
Doughty - Pietrangelo
J. Schultz - Murray
Weber - Ekblad


Carey Price
Cam Ward
Marc-Andre Fleury

BGuthrie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:31 PM
  #62
Sherlock007
Avs Fan
 
Sherlock007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Are people say mack will be better than duchene in 2018?

Sherlock007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:34 PM
  #63
HockeyFan100
Welcome to COL!
 
HockeyFan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear007 View Post
Are people say mack will be better than duchene in 2018?
Duchene will be washed up and past his prime by then.

In all seriousness, there is no doubt in my mind that MacKinnon will be better than Duchene by 2018, but it will be close me thinks

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:46 PM
  #64
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 50
People like Carter, Getzlaf, Staal, and co. will also be heavily considered as they will bring a veteren presence to a younger team.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
  #65
El Zilcho
Still mighty
 
El Zilcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Crosby-Benson-Stamkos
Hall-McDavid-Duchene
Getzlaf-Toews-Eriksson
Dal Colle-Bergeron-MacKinnon

That's probably what it will look like. Tyler "Wayne Gretzky 2.0" Benson will push Crosby out to the wing as he will be a better center a season and a half into his career. Eriksson will provide a solid winger for Getzlaf/Toews.

Seriously I don't know why so many teams have Benson and non Canadians on them but it's making me laugh for whatever reason

El Zilcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:11 PM
  #66
HABS win CUPS*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,906
vCash: 500
the lack of Subban on these lists is ridiculous

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:16 PM
  #67
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,919
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Karlsson 5 View Post
i think some of those older guys like getz, staal get replaced by guys like e.kane, hes good and a true winger
Evander Kane isn't a team first player. No way in hell he makes any Team Canada.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:18 PM
  #68
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
McDavid - MacKinnon - Seguin
Couture - Toews - Giroux
Drouin - Benn

Doughty - Pietrangelo
Cowen - Subban
Letang - Weber
Ekblad


Price
Holtby
Bernier

that is a scary line......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
the lack of Subban on these lists is ridiculous
?? Every list had Subban on it. but LOL at the leaf fan that had Rielly ahead of Subban...

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:26 PM
  #69
Quarter
Exploding Knees
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
the lack of Subban on these lists is ridiculous
Who?

Quarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:30 PM
  #70
HABS win CUPS*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post

?? Every list had Subban on it. but LOL at the leaf fan that had Rielly ahead of Subban...
im just saying maybe he should be listed twice

can we make Markov a naturalised citizen somehow.....?

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:56 PM
  #71
RtooDtu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
You know this will be the last year NHL players participate in the Olympics right?!?

However, the World Cup may be coming back!!

RtooDtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 11:27 PM
  #72
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
the lack of Subban on these lists is ridiculous
Agreed. Poor Malcolm will earn his spot soon enough.

Nick0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:40 PM
  #73
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,267
vCash: 390
It will most likely not even be close but why not.

Stamkos - Crosby - Drouin
Duchene- Tavares - Mackinnon
Hall - RNH - Seguin
Benn - Toews - Reinhart
McDavid & Giroux

Doughty - Subban
Alzner - Pietrangelo
Murray - Ekblad
Letang

Price
Bernier
Holtby

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:51 PM
  #74
glassbangers
"I home."
 
glassbangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UVI
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 50
Taylor Hall - Sidney Crosby - Steven Stamkos
Jamie Benn - Connor McDavid - Nathan MacKinnon
John Tavares - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Corey Perry
Andrew Ladd - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Sharp

P.K. Subban - Aaron Ekblad
Ryan Murray - Alex Pietrangelo
Darnell Nurse - Drew Doughty

Carey Price
Brayden Holtby

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:56 PM
  #75
JackSlater
Registered User
 
JackSlater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Duchene Crosby Seguin
Tavares Stamkos Eberle
O'Reilly Toews Couture
Kane Nugent MacKinnon
Benn Couturier

Alzner Pietrangelo
Vlasic Doughty
Keith Subban
Weber Murray

Price
Ward
Holtby

The roster, if the NHL plays in 2018, will look nothing like this. Still crazy speed though. I do think there would be a lot of turnover from 2014.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.