HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What is Jason Chimera’s value?

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 07:57 PM
FanaticalFan

vCash: 500
What is Jason Chimera’s value?

What is Jason Chimera’s value? I think no one will dispute that he has world-class speed but so far he hasn’t seemed to make the most with it. Since several Oiler fans seem to think he might be traid bait. Is his value on par with a Huselius, or Jamie Lundmark or is it more on par with a Matt Bradley, Novoseltsev?

Old
04-09-2004, 08:13 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Tough to guess what the Oilers would be looking for in return if they moved Chimera, but if they do move him it's because they've got too many similar types of players, so I don't think they'd move him for another bottom six forward. Possibly a medium draft pick or a prospect that they can keep in the minors for a while.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:29 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
would edmonton get the 50,000 dollars for the waiver claim? (if 50,000 is the right amount)

Old
04-10-2004, 12:45 AM
s7ark

I don't think the Oil should give up Chimera yet. he did score 15 goals as a rookie and then had his sophmore slump. He has all the tools he just needs to work on his shot and his play in traffic.

I say keep him for another season

Old
04-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

hes definately a nhl calibre player IMO. but the NYI trade really stunted his progress. without Isbister and Torres he probably could have fought for time on the 2nd line. Without Torres and Izzy, we'd have Smyth, Moreau, Chimera and...maybe Rita. It wont get any easier next season with Smyth, Moreau, Torres, Isbister, Chimera along with Rita and Mikhov over the next little while.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:07 PM
kacz

I would hate to see the Oilers give up on Jason Chimera, his skating is world-class and his overall game needs some work but put him on a line with the right players and watch this guy develop into one of the better NHL players...

Old
04-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Lowetide

He actually played very well in a 4th line/energy role down the stretch run this year. He can score a little, proved it in his rookie season. He has two disadvantages in Edmonton, those being the number of attractive options (Salmelainen will likely get a real shot this fall, plus there's the possibility that Tractor Boy Mikhnov might come over) and the fact that his skill set doesn't dovetail with the coach.

What he needs is a trade. I'd say Phoenix but they have so many nice things up front that he might have the same problem there.

If he get a shot, a real one (15 minutes a night, a center with some skill and some PP time) Chimera could have a career. He's, what, 25?

What's that worth? A 3rd? A 4th? What he really needs is another round of expansion.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:55 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
What's that worth? A 3rd? A 4th? What he really needs is another round of expansion.
Yeah that might be about what he's worth, and at that price there's no sense in EDM trading him. H'e cheap, young, if he's your PB guy he's one of the better ones in the league.

I don't see why EDM would move him other than for an overpay, or to move up in the draft.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:26 PM
SerbianEagle

You're somewhat correct Speeds IMO. In a sense Oilers shouldn't trade him, but he should be given a chance to show that he is more than a 4th line guy. In Edmonton he simply won't get that chance. I think Torres is the real deal, and will have a spot in the Oilers lineup for years to come. Isbister too, when he played this year, he played good, problem is he was injured most of the time, so he should be given another chance at a lesser salary.

It wouldn't be fair to Chimer if they keep him only to stick him on the 4th line.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
He is a less talented Jeff Friesen which in other words means he is pretty useless unless he is scoring.

Closed Thread