HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse available if anyone wants him

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
No. He's a ***** and won't go in front of the net.
wasn't the same thing said about another big left winger from Montreal that got dealt to Philadelphia and he became one of the best left wingers ever to play the game........

Old
10-24-2009, 09:33 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Arguement from Lats lovers. He speaks french !
Here you go, it's Lats bashers who bring the language/Quebec argument and yet, everyone who support Lats does it because of this argument.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Here you go, it's Lats bashers who bring the language/Quebec argument and yet, everyone who support Lats does it because of this argument.

I'm for him because i'm seeing the repeating of the John Leclair's situation and the same kind of people saying the same kind of airhead remarks about him that Leclair endured. Hell, i dont want to see that happen again and see Lats scoring all over the place, especially against us.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:45 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I'm for him because i'm seeing the repeating of the John Leclair's situation and the same kind of people saying the same kind of airhead remarks about him that Leclair endured. Hell, i dont want to see that happen again and see Lats scoring all over the place, especially against us.
I know, most Lats supporter don't give a **** about where is from, at least, not as important as the bashers want to portrait them.

I was merely bringing the fact that it's the bashers who always come up with the language argument.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Funny thing...

Lats and Price were taken in the same year. Most fans are content with the way the org. has handled Price, although there's a debate as to which of our young goalies gives us the best chance to win. Why doesn't Lats get the insulation Price is afforded or a similar shake from fans as to how many chances he gets to prove himself. McGuire was critical of him for a couple of plays and now this thread.

Patience is a virtue, especially with young players. This is all a bunch of malarky anyhow. Tony Marijuana is little more plugged in than any of us, and has a track record not far off Eklund's.

That's fine though... he's a radio host. It's his job to spark debate and get people listening.

Lats isn't going anywhere and us fans should give him some grace. Seasons are marathons not sprints. 2 or 3 games does not lend itself to judgement, and like most young players he's streaky.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I know, most Lats supporter don't give a **** about where is from, at least, not as important as the bashers want to portrait them.

I was merely bringing the fact that it's the bashers who always come up with the language argument.
Hey, i supported Koivu all his career and him not saying a darn French word wasnt a good enough language argument to hate him. Although it bugged me a bit.

Lats could be a Northern-Outer-Serbo-Croatian from the south of Japan and speak only Russian for all i care

Old
10-24-2009, 09:58 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Lats could be a Northern-Outer-Serbo-Croatian from the south of Japan and speak only Russian for all i care
I knew a Northern-Outer-Serbo-Croatian from the south of Japan. His name was Krsytysjyvdtres but he said it was pronounced S-m-i-t-h.

Old
10-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Smithic

Old
10-24-2009, 10:09 AM
kent_carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
I knew a Northern-Outer-Serbo-Croatian from the south of Japan. His name was Krsytysjyvdtres but he said it was pronounced S-m-i-t-h.
We drafted Hiroyuki Miura in the 90's, never heard him in an interview however.

Old
10-24-2009, 10:12 AM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
from hockey30.com

La rumeur sortie sur Hockey30.com en juillet dernier est de retour dans les milieux sportifs de Los Angeles. Le Canadien négocie de manière très intense avec les Kings afin de faire l’acquisition d’Alexander Frolov.

Tourefois, le prix demandé par les Kings serait trop élevé pour Bob Gainey…

Le dg des Kings Dean Lombardi exigerait les deux Kostitsyn en retour de son talentueux attaquant.

Gainey offrirait plutôt Sergei Kostitsyn et Guillaume Latendresse.

À suivre…
wats this in english.

Old
10-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
wats this in english.
"frolov is being benched and we saw on some forums online that the Habs could be interested, so says eric32817 and ViperManQC. So, we're posting it here without any real source, we just want to get traffic."

Old
10-24-2009, 10:18 AM
BeastScottThornton*

Figures. This organization will never learn.

Old
10-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
Foreign names always confuse me, thats a prime example right there!

Old
10-24-2009, 10:19 AM
MXD

Quote:
wats this in english.
We were looking for a way to say that AK has better value than Lats, and that's the best we found.

Old
10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
wats this in english.

LA is asking for the the K brothers in return for Frolov and Gainey is rumored to have offered Sergei and Latendresse.

Who's that in your Avatar?

Old
10-24-2009, 10:51 AM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Tony Marinaro is a self-important fool.
Ya, EVERYBODY around the Habs are fools. They ALL suck...

Did you read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Wow. People on this board are incredibly deaf. I heard Marinaro. He said if someone phoned Bob Gainey for Latendresse he would surely listen. He's not shopping him.
C'mon man!

Last edited by 25th: 10-24-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old
10-24-2009, 10:57 AM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
"frolov is being benched and we saw on some forums online that the Habs could be interested, so says eric32817 and ViperManQC. So, we're posting it here without any real source, we just want to get traffic."
this

Old
10-24-2009, 12:19 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
I'd say this just falls in with the new "Bob brought up the kids too soon" smear going on.

Nevermind the fact that everyone and their brother was shouting "play the kids," the four guys their using for reference are all players that take time to develop.

Gui and Patches are in the power forward mold. These guys don't dominate overnight.

Price is a goalie. These guys don't dominate overnight.

Sergei is a 7th round pick. These guys don't dominate overnight. Markov didn't crack the lineup until he was 23, but it still took him a couple years of pro seasoning to become the steal that he is.

This is the absolute truth. Power forwards take time to develop, playing against NHL caliber players not in the AHL. Price will be dominant one day, odds are. SKost will hit his stride around 26 when it sinks in he plays on a team(don't know which team or even league)

Old
10-24-2009, 12:43 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
wasn't the same thing said about another big left winger from Montreal that got dealt to Philadelphia and he became one of the best left wingers ever to play the game........

Call me crazy but let's get Latendresse a Center similar to Eric Lindros in his prime and I am sure he would get at least 50 points a season.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Give Latendresse time, what do we have to lose. He doesn't hurt us (he helps us if you ask me) on the bottom lines and his potential to flourish on the top 2 lines in the future is still there. Yeah it is frustrating at times, he's not the perfect player, but who is at 22?

Old
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Call me crazy but let's get Latendresse a Center similar to Eric Lindros in his prime and I am sure he would get at least 50 points a season.
Well, he'd get that many points just playing with Plekanec and Andrei and with 2nd wave PP duty.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:48 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
Give Latendresse time, what do we have to lose. He doesn't hurt us (he helps us if you ask me) on the bottom lines and his potential to flourish on the top 2 lines in the future is still there. Yeah it is frustrating at times, he's not the perfect player, but who is at 22?
Most top 5 in their draft and some lucky few but thats about it.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:51 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
LA is asking for the the K brothers in return for Frolov and Gainey is rumored to have offered Sergei and Latendresse.

Who's that in your Avatar?
thanks.,

Not sure man found it on google

Old
10-24-2009, 12:57 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
Most top 5 in their draft and some lucky few but thats about it.
Even then, it's not unusual for it to be percieved that they've "regressed" at some point very early in their careers after they have early struggles, when in fact, this is the most valuable learning point in a players career. You have to let players play through the tough times and live through and learn from their mistakes. This is the key to learning how to change.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:02 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

My source close to the team tells me that both Marinaro and EKlown have as many sources close to the team as I do.

I guess we're not getting Frolov in Montreal.

Closed Thread