HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 11 | New York Rangers at Montréal Canadiens | 10.24.09 7:00 PM | MSG HD

Old
10-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Magnum Crackoff

vCash: 500
Tortorella is a great coach and i'm sure he'll push the right buttons to win next game. Gaborik still pulled of 2 points tonight. I think the Habs pushed it all-in tonight and bounces weren't on the the Ranger's side.

Bounces in hockey are far more important than frustration would admit. NYR's got a great hockey team, but have they got the resilience to win over a full season?

Anyways, the Montreal Canadiens got a long way to bring me back amongst their fans after this defeat last week VS Ottawa in which i've spent about 200$.

**** the habs organisation for this!!!! Bring back the Nords!!!

Magnum Crackoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:54 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

I think age has caught up to drury. He just isn't the same player that he was a few years ago. That is the danger of signing 30 year old free agents to long term contracts.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:56 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't think Drury is exactly mailing it in or anything...he's just getting off to another slow start. He'll probably still end up with with 50-60 points at the end of the year and around 25 goals, but he runs hot and cold and doesn't always hit the ground running
I always liked Drury's contributions in the past. I knew what he was doing away from the play, and could see his stellar defensive play. I've never had trouble identifying players who contribute in the less glamorous ways.
What I'm having trouble with is that no matter how much I watch, I don't see much of it from Drury. I see the odd good play, but then he just disappears again for very long stretches.

And that is not good. I really wonder if he is completely healthy. Unfortunately, I suspect that he is healthy.

trilobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

This is one of those RELAX moments where we should observe the positives coming out of this game.

Positives;

In 11 gm, we are 7-3-1 for 15 points. en pace for over 100 on the season

Gaborik is healthy

We have a rookie defenseman with 10 points in 11 games.

We have another rookie defenseman who is +4 on the season

In a game where Lundqvist played hurt and we screwed some serious **** up, we still got a point.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:15 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
So Dubi gets a free pass while Drury doesn't?

I'm not even defending Drury here...they all played like crap...
No, they did not ALL play like crap. I'm not defending Dubinskys' mistake, thought that came across wrong.

I'm just frustrated and tired of looking for Chris Drury. He's a heck of a lot more mature than Dubinsky and he should show up.

He doesn't show up, and he hasn't in a while. He's my whipping boy for a reason.

trilobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Nice to see Henrik continue his trend of allowing 5 goals at Montreal, including the all star game

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:57 AM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Crackoff View Post
Tortorella is a great coach and i'm sure he'll push the right buttons to win next game. Gaborik still pulled of 2 points tonight. I think the Habs pushed it all-in tonight and bounces weren't on the the Ranger's side.

Bounces in hockey are far more important than frustration would admit. NYR's got a great hockey team, but have they got the resilience to win over a full season?

Anyways, the Montreal Canadiens got a long way to bring me back amongst their fans after this defeat last week VS Ottawa in which i've spent about 200$.

**** the habs organisation for this!!!! Bring back the Nords!!!

Pathetic. Bandwaggon jump more.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:35 AM
AXN

Higgins is another -2 and the same for Staal. That is two players the Rangers need to play well. They need to get them going.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:22 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

The team needs adjustments, some players need to ****ing wake up but we have still a decent record, that's ok. It's not like if we didn't know this team would bring some questions at the start of the season. We are right into it, but still with a pretty darn good record... Except for this little lack of effort and physicality in D sometimes, we have a decent team. Let's ive them some time to figure it out, that will come.

11 down, 71 to go...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:25 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I just finished watching the game on DVR. If Lundqvuist didnt play the way he played, we could've easily lost this game before it began.

If i've ever seen a single player lose a game for a team, it was tonight. His name is Chris Higgins. It's crazy how he managed to do it against the Montreal Canadiens too. His favorite team, his dad's favorite team, and his ex team. Gomez showed him up by a wide margin. I've read a lot about Higgins being sucked into the night life of montreal and becoming a HEAVY DRINKER. Now I don't know if it's the case here, but it does make you wonder.

It's becoming more and more likely that Higgins is going to have a very tough time coming out of this, if he ever does. I would say try packaging Rozsival with Higgy come deadline for a nice stay at home/clearing the crease d-men; which then we can call up Grachev. But at this rate, I have a hard time believing anyone would take Higgins. The only thing that makes it possible is his 1 year contract.

Finally, if this team wants to consider themselves contenders than they need Brandon Dubinsky on the ice playing good hockey. It's that simple. Its pretty sad that we're looking at Prospal as our top center when other teams have the likes of Thornton, Spezza,Crosby, Richards, E. Staal etc. This isn't a knock on Prospal, he's been tremendous; but let's get real. Dubinsky needs to step it up.

Right now, it looks like a team being dragged by Gaborik. He's carrying this team whether we like it or not. By all means, I don't think that's going to last unless others play to their capabilities.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:44 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I just finished watching the game on DVR. If Lundqvuist didnt play the way he played, we could've easily lost this game before it began.

If i've ever seen a single player lose a game for a team, it was tonight. His name is Chris Higgins. It's crazy how he managed to do it against the Montreal Canadiens too. His favorite team, his dad's favorite team, and his ex team. Gomez showed him up by a wide margin. I've read a lot about Higgins being sucked into the night life of montreal and becoming a HEAVY DRINKER. Now I don't know if it's the case here, but it does make you wonder.

It's becoming more and more likely that Higgins is going to have a very tough time coming out of this, if he ever does. I would say try packaging Rozsival with Higgy come deadline for a nice stay at home/clearing the crease d-men; which then we can call up Grachev. But at this rate, I have a hard time believing anyone would take Higgins. The only thing that makes it possible is his 1 year contract.

Finally, if this team wants to consider themselves contenders than they need Brandon Dubinsky on the ice playing good hockey. It's that simple. Its pretty sad that we're looking at Prospal as our top center when other teams have the likes of Thornton, Spezza,Crosby, Richards, E. Staal etc. This isn't a knock on Prospal, he's been tremendous; but let's get real. Dubinsky needs to step it up.

Right now, it looks like a team being dragged by Gaborik. He's carrying this team whether we like it or not. By all means, I don't think that's going to last unless others play to their capabilities.
Did you need to post the exact same thing in 2 diffrent threads?
Higgins sucked,dubi sucked(yeah im calling you out) ,staal sucked,redden was good,rozy was good,avery,kotalik,lisin,gabby,prospal were all good.Drury while not showing anything great out there at least had the ballz to try to get back into the play not float around and pray to the hockey gods that lundqvist will bail you out...HIGGINS.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 07:00 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Did you need to post the exact same thing in 2 diffrent threads?
Higgins sucked,dubi sucked(yeah im calling you out) ,staal sucked,redden was good,rozy was good,avery,kotalik,lisin,gabby,prospal were all good.Drury while not showing anything great out there at least had the ballz to try to get back into the play not float around and pray to the hockey gods that lundqvist will bail you out...HIGGINS.
I didn't even realize. I thought I posted in one forum then checked the other and didnt see it there....thinking I had posted it there and it wasnt there.... so i reposted in that one lol. If that made any sense.

Old
10-25-2009, 07:11 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I didn't even realize. I thought I posted in one forum then checked the other and didnt see it there....thinking I had posted it there and it wasnt there.... so i reposted in that one lol. If that made any sense.
It's like 7am i'll give you the benefit of the doubt

In short to a certain amount of players : STOP BEING EFFIN LAZY!

Old
10-25-2009, 07:14 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
It's like 7am i'll give you the benefit of the doubt

In short to a certain amount of players : STOP BEING EFFIN LAZY!

Old
10-25-2009, 07:28 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Pathetic. Bandwaggon jump more.
Have you ever made one single comment on this site in which you're not making the Habs fans look bad as a group?

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 07:33 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Have you ever made one single comment on this site in which you're not making the Habs fans look bad as a group?
Nice username
I thought he was being sarcastic.Did a hab fan just come to the ranger board to insult another hab fan ?

Old
10-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Chimp

16 goals allowed in the last 3 games. Brutal.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 08:04 AM
TheyareGonnaGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
This is our problem.

If we didn't have Lundqvist in net for all but 2 of those periods it would have been double that.

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 08:06 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Granted 1 was an empty netter.

Luongo did the same except no empty netter as far as i know.He also gave up 29 goals in 6 games.That make anyone feel any better?

Old
10-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Ranger Angst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
This is one of those RELAX moments where we should observe the positives coming out of this game.

Positives;

In 11 gm, we are 7-3-1 for 15 points. en pace for over 100 on the season

Gaborik is healthy

We have a rookie defenseman with 10 points in 11 games.

We have another rookie defenseman who is +4 on the season

In a game where Lundqvist played hurt and we screwed some serious **** up, we still got a point.
Lisin is improving game by game .
& Voros brings it -a lot of heart (Am I pushing too Much ).

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
No what I was trying to say was that someone said that Gabby should hit more...and someone responded that he doesn't hit...so you shouldn't expect it...

so what I was saying was that it was similar to the Drury scoring 100 pts because of his contract argument...

he never has so why expect it...see what i mean?
Well either way haha, yes Gaborik shouldn't hit and Drury won't score 100 points but a few would be nice.

Higgins he looked confused and lost the entire game he is still a Canadien as far as I could tell.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Kind of Blue

Not sure if the point has been made already in this thread, but Avery was our second best forward after Gaborik.

Further, I think its time to play them together on the top line.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:08 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Reworking of NYs lines for next game

Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik (Give Anisimov a shot)
Lisin-Dubinsky-Kotalik
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Higgins-Boyle-Voros

Get Grachev on that fourth if Higgins doesn't get his head out of his ***.

Btw Voros, Grachev, Boyle may actually score a few.

Del-Zotto-Staal (Staal can focus on being defense first again)
Gilroy-Redden
Roszival-Girardi

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:15 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Avery-Prospal-Gaborik
Kotalik-Dubinsky-Callahan
Drury-Anisimov-Lisin
Higgins-Boyle-Brashear

Old
10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
AXN

I don't know why Dubinsky got benched like that. Gaborik still made it 4-2. He should have played more after that. Some defenseman pinched on that game tying goal which led to a 3 on 2 break. You can see Drury backchecking and then a third man comes in untouched for a goal. On the OT goal, Gaborik simpy had the puck and should have thrown a body check instead of a stick check. Cammalleri got the puck back and roofed it over Lundqvist. How was this all Dubinsky's fault I have no idea.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote