HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Forsberg the best in the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Forsberg the best in the NHL?

man for anyone who watched the game last night vs the stars Forsberg put on a show. this guy was juking and jiving all over the ice, every time he was on the ice he did something. i just can get over how good this guy really is.

Old
04-10-2004, 03:52 PM
RoyIsALegend*

If only that wizardy he performed at the end of the second period hadn't hit the crossbar, it would've been the goal of the year. Stopped on a dime in the corner, put the puck through Richard Matvichuk's leags, side-steps Pierre Turgeon with one hand on the stick, head-fakes Marty Turco and then absolutely rifles a back-hander labeled top corner.

None the less, I don't think there are many unbiased fans that can say Peter Forsberg isn't the best damn player on the face of the Earth.

Old
04-10-2004, 03:55 PM
nathan

Indeed.

Like the X-Box commercial, "Did I hear a bell? Someone got schooled!" In this case, both Matvichuk (who's been getting schooled in the series as of late) and Turgeon.

Forsberg, definitely a playoff warrior...especially with his physical presence behind the net.

Old
04-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Christ

When he is healthy, there is no doubt that Forsberg is the best player in the NHL today. The catch phrase is "when he is healthy". This guy's only weakness is his durability. I shudder to think about what kind of numbers Forsberg would put up when healthy for a whole season and playoff.

Old
04-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Raging Bull

Everybody knows Peter Forsberg is the best player in the NHL. What I love about him the most, is unlike most with his scoring touch, he has a serious mean streak. This guy knows how to play tough, gritty hockey. How many points did he get this season? Like 54 in 36 games or something like that? I sure hope if there's hockey next year, Peter stays in the NHL and stays healthy, and gives me something to look foward to on the highlight reels.

Old
04-10-2004, 04:47 PM
ZombieMatt

I'll be the idiot who disagrees.

I do not think that Forsberg is the best player in the league. I am more impressed with the package which his teammate Joe Sakic brings to the rink day in, day out.

Old
04-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Oilers Hockey

Yes, the man is amazing! He can singlehandidly win a game but it often isn't necessary because the Av's are so good. Forsberg is easily the best player in the NHL right now.

Old
04-10-2004, 04:56 PM
SChan*

Sakic is the better goal scorer, but forsberg is more entertaining to watch. No doubt about it. I know a friend in Denver who pay his admission price only to see Forsberg play.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:14 PM
BF_Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
If only that wizardy he performed at the end of the second period hadn't hit the crossbar, it would've been the goal of the year. Stopped on a dime in the corner, put the puck through Richard Matvichuk's leags, side-steps Pierre Turgeon with one hand on the stick, head-fakes Marty Turco and then absolutely rifles a back-hander labeled top corner.
Arghh! I want to see that! The highlights on nhl.com and avalance official site doesnt include that situation. Someone - please put it up on the internet!

Old
04-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Yoata

Quote:
When he is healthy, there is no doubt that Forsberg is the best player in the NHL today. The catch phrase is "when he is healthy". This guy's only weakness is his durability. I shudder to think about what kind of numbers Forsberg would put up when healthy for a whole season and playoff.
Couldn't agree more, that's been a big if for a number of years with him, tough to rely on.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
I'll be the idiot who disagrees.

I do not think that Forsberg is the best player in the league. I am more impressed with the package which his teammate Joe Sakic brings to the rink day in, day out.
Typical Vancouver fan. To say Forsberg isnt the best in the league is to say Naslund is a minor leaguer.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Trottier
Very Random

From Darren Eliot's column today on SI.com:

"Forsberg: In a word: dominant."

...And dominating at this time of the year - when the intensity level is significantly higher and more consistent than during the 82-game regular season - is the ultimate accomplishment and the mark of the truly great ones.

Only two games, but so far, Forsberg is leaving no doubt as to the question posed in this thread.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:45 PM
nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Typical Vancouver fan. To say Forsberg isnt the best in the league is to say Naslund is a minor leaguer.
Well, I can see where Mountie is coming from. Forsberg is the flashy player and yes, he does get the job done. But Sakic is the certainly more of the heart and soul of the Avs (some say that Foote really is). Sakic leads by example, is the consumate professional and comes through in the clutch (as does Forsberg). Both are also "playoff" kind of players, meaning they turn it up a notch from the reg. season.

He does have an argument, although I would say that Forsberg can be flat out dominating. I think can be comparable to Yzerman & Fedorov on the Wings, although the Wings will ALWAYS be Yzerman's team.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Indeed.

Like the X-Box commercial, "Did I hear a bell? Someone got schooled!" In this case, both Matvichuk (who's been getting schooled in the series as of late) and Turgeon.

Forsberg, definitely a playoff warrior...especially with his physical presence behind the net.

barnes was the forward who got turned inside out just before the back hand cross bar.

people wanna say St.louis is the MVP kovalchuk whatever else. peter forsberg is the mvp of his team and the league the avs are nothing without him.

Old
04-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Forsberg can dominate a game like no other player can, especially in the playoffs. He hates losing more than anything, and is able to use it to elevate his game.

Old
04-11-2004, 04:15 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Nice generalization.

I'd rather have Sakic than Foppa. I guess Im 'typical' as well. And you are 'typical' for your anti-Canuck attitude? How typical of me to say that.

Closed Thread