HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

(HF Story) Brodziak & Moose Jaw

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
(HF Story) Brodziak & Moose Jaw

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

They're down 3-2 to Red Deer but the Moose Jaw Warriors are looking to come back on Sunday night led by Oiler prospect and captain... Kyle Brodziak.

I interviewed Kyle after Game 3 in Red Deer.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

They're down 3-2 to Red Deer but the Moose Jaw Warriors are looking to come back on Sunday night led by Oiler prospect and captain... Kyle Brodziak.

I interviewed Kyle after Game 3 in Red Deer.

Thanks Guy, interesting interview. No matter what happens, Brodziak has taken a huge step forward this season.

As an aside, where on earth are they going to find room for all these guys on the farm next year?

Old
04-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Hemsky4PM

I think Pouliot still has one year of junior elligibility left. Brodziak and Niinimaki should be on the Runners next year, same goes for Delauriers. It would not suprise me at all if Jani Rita is simply not resigned, he'll probably just go back to Finland. I'm sure they'll make whatever room they need to so the quality prospects get the prime time in the "A".

Old
04-10-2004, 05:32 PM
momentai

Guy mentioned in his prospect updates... that it doesn't look likely that Jesse will make his way over to North America. But, of course, things can change with time and negotiations.

Kyle must have been pretty down after that crucial game 5 after squaring the series with Red Deer at 2. I believe he was also on the ice for the Meech goal in double OT. It's going to be an uphill battle... but if Moose Jaw can extend this to a game 7.. Red Deer also had a tough battle with Calgary the series before where Calgary took them to a game 7. They will be, most likely, more tired than the Warriors after their intial round sweep. There's nothing guaranteed of course... but if they can make a game 7, I like their chances.

Nice read, Guy.

Old
04-10-2004, 10:35 PM
mbam99

Send a message via MSN to mbam99
I was at game 3, and Brodziak looks good. Had a couple battles with Phaneuf, which bodes well with the whole Oiler/Flame rivalry. Interesting thing about the series, the Rebels have won all 3 games in Moose Jaw, while the Warriors have won both thier games in Red Deer. Interesting series indeed. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Go Rebs...

Old
04-10-2004, 10:40 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Kyle Brodziak...

"... It was a really fun year; we have a great group of guys in the room this year so itís just been a fun year...

... It wasnít the toughest first round but this second round has definitely been a battle and weíre going to keep battling right until the end. Itís fun hockey weíre playing right now, this is the way hockey is meant to be...

... I think it was fun just to play with the calibre of players that were there. It was a good time and a good experience. We knew coming in they were weak because of the way the OHL and the QMJHL teams walked all over them but it was going to be a fun weekend...

... When I saw him winding up I went down to block it but I was holding my breath because I knew it was going to hurt if I got it. I think heís got one of the hardest shots in the league. Weíve battled all year and weíll continue to do it through this series and itís fun..."
Throw in a couple more "fun"s for good measure, and we get a great look at who this kid is.
He gets it.
He's the real deal.
I am so looking forward to watching him play.
He's gonna give everything he has to the game.
Just look at his idea of "fun".
Hockey is running thru his veins...
Hockey has him in it's "veins".
I have seen very little of KBro's play, but I would venture a guess that he's usually in the flow of the game and positionally sound.
And, even tho he has yet to play a professional game, I think he has "coach" stamped on his future.

Thanx, Guy.
I appreciate your forte in capturing character.

Old
04-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Nicely said Ice Dragoon.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:10 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
Nicely said Ice Dragoon.
You don't think I was a little 'over the top'?
The 'devil's in the details', as they say.

Old
04-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
HF: Iíve been told that both you and Jeff Deslauriers have to be signed by June 1st.

KB: Oh really? I donít know if thatís true or not because I was drafted just last summer.

HF: Maybe itís an age issue?

KB: Oh maybe, I donít even know. Iím not going to worry about it, Iíve got enough on my plate right now so Iíll worry about that when it comes.
Way to go guy, you just gave the kid unlimited free agency. Now it'll cost the Oil a few hundred grand extra to sign him unless of course he decides to play in StL or something.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
mbam99

Send a message via MSN to mbam99
Well, MJ is done. Rebels won tonight 3-0. Hopefully Brodziak plays with Toronto RRs. The games i watched him play though, he never impressed me. Seems to be too scared to shoot, always looking to pass.
Ah well, hopefully he can play in TO and see what he can do.

Closed Thread