Backlund has played 1 NHL game so far . . . doesn't that knock him out?
No, goalies can't have played in more than 5 NHL games.
As per rules in the OP.
- A 2 round prospect draft will be held about 10 games into the regular season.
- Each team will be allowed to have up to 5 prospects on their team but only 2 players may be drafted each season.
- Prospects do not take up roster space but you are limited to 5 in your teams "system".
- If you already have 5 prospects in your system come time to draft your new prospects you will either have to pass on your prospect draft pick or drop a prospect when you pick up a new one in the draft.
- Prospects must already be drafted by an NHL team for you to be able to draft them.
- Prospects are considered prospects if they have not yet played an NHL game in the first 10 games of the season in which he is being drafted. He also can not have played more than 10 NHL games total for players in which it is not their draft year. Goalies must not have played more than 5 NHL games.
- Prospects can stay in your prospect pool as long as you want but as soon as you put them on your Yahoo roster they cannot be sent back to the prospect pool even if they are sent back to the minors or Juniors.
- The same rules apply to trading prospects as they do to any other player but you cannot have more than 5 prospects in your team's system.
Oops, forgot the pm and the text message. And the post reminding other managers who's up so they can send pm's and text messages. We should all get on aim too. Then we just might have a shot at finishing in time.