HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Starting to wonder about Torts

Old
10-30-2009, 01:14 PM
gluvhand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Well I brought facts into the equation you brought your opinion.

Please research the topic of Sather not talking to the media...remember Mike Frances doesn't count..
Posted via Mobile Device
I brougth a few facts. You discounted them. How can I argue against that? Guess I'm wrong. Sather is easily accessable and a really pleasant guy.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 04:14 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
I brougth a few facts. You discounted them. How can I argue against that? Guess I'm wrong. Sather is easily accessable and a really pleasant guy.
Go to 1: 08 in this video.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
chosen

A couple more losses in a row and Torts will be Renney Part Deux around here.

In the end, it always comes down to personnel, not who is standing behind the bench. Torts has more talent to work with so he better place them higher than Renney did last season or else he has failed. That is his sole job.

Personally, I hate his style of divisiveness and embarrassing his own players but if in the end it works, I won't care.

P.S. He should have kept his loudmouth closed in regards to the Dubinsky negotiations. It was none of his business and could only have a negative effect on Dubi, and more importantly on the team.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 04:28 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post

Its funny, with this vid Sather comes off as a dick but in the end the fault is really 50/50.

Sather was a jerk for responding with "piss off", he should have said, sorry buddy i'm on the phone.

But that guy seeing that he was on the phone, should have let him be.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 04:40 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Its funny, with this vid Sather comes off as a dick but in the end the fault is really 50/50.

Sather was a jerk for responding with "piss off", he should have said, sorry buddy i'm on the phone.

But that guy seeing that he was on the phone, should have let him be.
I'm not saying to judge him by the video, I just typed in "Glen Sather" on youtube and this is what came up. I figured it would be more funny then taken seriously, anyway.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 04:58 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post

Actually that was pretty funny lol.

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Sather is a total j/o never not once in 20 years of seeing the guy in public or at games is he in a good mood or pleasant . He swears he is God's gift to the world

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Ever since the 7 game win streak, the way that Torts has handled this team has been troubling to say the least. It all started with deciding to start Valiquette in what would have been a good barometer game against the Sharks. Surprise, Surprise, Vally plays a soft game and the Rangers lose a stinker. No reason to panic, right? Well apparently it was for Tortorella. Next thing you know, the effective first line is broken up, Prospal's playing center, Lisin is playing first line minute he doesnt deserve. All the while, Henrik is getting run with no retribution, and the team as a whole is playing like a bunch of pansies.

My main question is where are the folks that were so thrilled with Torts' hiring? ACCOUNTABILITY IS BACK!, SAFE IS DEATH=EXCITING HOCKEY! My ass. Mr. Macho talks a good game, but he has done little to back it up...benching guys for singular turnovers, but not doing much at all for the countless players that dont want to get their skirts dirty. And exciting hockey, for me anyway, is winning games. That 7 game win streak was exciting...the way that Torts had to make unnecessary changes to prove that this is his team and the subsequent tailspin is not exciting at all. Its actually quite frustrating that our head coach could be such an egomaniac/blowhard/bully/whatever you want to call it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote