HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ex-Ranger Gomez in new role as Canadien

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2009, 12:03 PM
BillyShears

vCash: 500
Ex-Ranger Gomez in new role as Canadien

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...DT6EAq8cVAI8jI

Quote:
He told a story about going to a sports bar on a Sunday and asking the proprietor to switch the television to football, only to have a CFL game go up on the screen.

"I was like, 'What is this?' " Gomez said. "I didn't have my cable in at the time. Now I do."

Old
10-25-2009, 01:05 PM
PunkinDrublic*

If he learned the game he would probably find it more exciting than the NFL.
I have quite a few American friends who now love the CFL.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:09 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
CFL is pretty awesome, but it doesn't compare to the shear talent the NFL has. Plus I get annoyed about the mistakes in the CFL, I cant stand seeing players wide open because of a missed coverage, like wtf aren't you a professional?

Old
10-25-2009, 01:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
CFL is pretty awesome, but it doesn't compare to the shear talent the NFL has. Plus I get annoyed about the mistakes in the CFL, I cant stand seeing players wide open because of a missed coverage, like wtf aren't you a professional?
Hell no, i wasn't talking about talent, i was strictly talking about the spectacle.
Bgiger playing field = more running and longer passes, and more points.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

lol, if u wanna see real athletes you watch NFL

Old
10-25-2009, 01:15 PM
PunkinDrublic*

To each his own dude. Some people actually watch the Leafs believe it or not ?
I just rather watch guys like me who are paid 45,000 - 100,000 $ a year. Not the spoiled criminal ******* of the NFL.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:15 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
I find it difficult to cheer for any one team in the NHL because I have no sense of loyalty to any of them... Probably why I cheer for the Als and watch the CFL, its my home town team.. I find it very difficult to watch NFL, NBA and MLB for this very reason, I have no relationship with the league.

And no, if I wanna see real atheletes, I watch hockey. These guys are atheletic and ripped, not 350lbs human concrete blocks.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:16 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Hell no, i wasn't talking about talent, i was strictly talking about the spectacle.
Well it appears you don't appreciate great defense the NFL offers. Sometimes points aren't that entertaining when it's caused by the other teams errors, which happens often in the CFL. But I don't really like to compare the 2, because I watch NFL to understand football, and I watch CFL to just be entertained, so they both are something I really enjoy.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:16 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
3 downs = more kicking :yawn:

Old
10-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
To each his own dude. Some people actually watch the Leafs believe it or not ?
I just rather watch guys like me who are paid 45,000 - 100,000 $ a year. Not the spoiled criminal ******* of the NFL.
Bad reasoning. Why do you follow the NHL, why not the AHL or the ECHL? They're guys like you.

NHL and NFL are the best league in their sport and offer the best show. To each his own, but your excuse was pathetic.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:22 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I find it difficult to cheer for any one team in the NHL because I have no sense of loyalty to any of them... Probably why I cheer for the Als and watch the CFL, its my home town team.. I find it very difficult to watch NFL, NBA and MLB for this very reason, I have no relationship with the league.

And no, if I wanna see real atheletes, I watch hockey. These guys are atheletic and ripped, not 350lbs human concrete blocks.
Again, it's hard to appreciate football if you never played. I was once one of those 300 pounder as a 16 year old protecting my QB. Yes the game seems slow because you stop every 5-10 seconds, but the thing about football is that the game is a lot more strategic then hockey, but hockey brings something else I love, creating things totally on the fly. Football does have that, but no where near what hockey does.

Ya the fat guys aren't athletic like a hockey player or soccer, etc player, but none the less are necessary, since they aren't allowed to do anything other then block, it's just how it works, you block, be big and strong.

I know what you mean about having a hard time finding a team, kinda my problem with the MLB once the Expos left. But my team in the NFL is the Titans, because I feel in love with football watching Eddie George in Ohio State back when i was like 10, then randomly watching a football game and it was the Oilers with him as a rookie the following year. So ya I guess I was pushed into a team, but ya it's pretty hard to just find a team.

Oh and some of those fat guys are pretty fast, but will be tired after about 30 yards

Old
10-25-2009, 01:23 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
3 downs = more kicking :yawn:
yes, but no. The play clock is 20 seconds instead of 40 in the NFL, a lot more plays are run.

Bad teams will kick often, but it's the same in the NFL as the CFL

Old
10-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
missed coverages don't happen in the NFL? Its frequent in the NFL plus its more pronounced in the CFL because of the larger field.

What kills me about the CFL which i enjoy more than the NFL is the horrid officiating. The league screws up their own rules and video review too often.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
PunkinDrublic*

For **** sakes guys, go argue with your girlfriends or mother's or whoever.
I love the CFL ( AL's ), I love the NHL ( Habs ) and have been watching both for almost 40 years now. You can use all the petty or lame arguements you want about the NFL, it just doesn't cut it for me. If you enjoy it good for you. Now why aren't you watching the Chargers destroy the Chiefs right about now.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
missed coverages don't happen in the NFL? Its frequent in the NFL plus its more pronounced in the CFL because of the larger field.

What kills me about the CFL which i enjoy more than the NFL is the horrid officiating. The league screws up their own rules and video review too often.
Exactly, I hate the fact that you score a major on a mistake, it governs the game way too much. Not that I hate it, I love when Kerry Watkins is left all alone and gets the major, but still don't appreciate that part of the game. At least in the NFL, if their is broken coverage, it may not cause a major, but get into the red zone, but if it is a major, it's probably because he dekes out the safety.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:27 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
For **** sakes guys, go argue with your girlfriends or mother's or whoever.
I love the CFL ( AL's ), I love the NHL ( Habs ) and have been watching both for almost 40 years now. You can use all the petty or lame arguements you want about the NFL, it just doesn't cut it for me. If you enjoy it good for you. Now why aren't you watching the Chargers destroy the Chiefs right about now.
Who's arguing? I see most people here just having a calm discussion about what and why they like what they like.

Im watching the Steelers and Vikings, pretty good game so far.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
lol, if u wanna see real athletes you watch NFL
No, you watch the NHL. You watch the NFL (or football in general) if you find playing for 4 seconds, taking 5 minutes to set up the next play, and repeating for 3 hours exciting.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:29 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Who's arguing? I see most people here just having a calm discussion about what and why they like what they like.

Im watching the Steelers and Vikings, pretty good game so far.
Was actually flustered with Jack Bourdains response and generalized to not get my hands slapped. He does have this tendancy with me. Only JB reasoning's make sense...in his mind.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:35 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaye View Post
No, you watch the NHL. You watch the NFL (or football in general) if you find playing for 4 seconds, taking 5 minutes to set up the next play, and repeating for 3 hours exciting.
Play the sport, Hockey you go full out for 30-60 second shift then sit for 3 mins, football you may only play 5-10 seconds, and then stop for a min, but you might be doing that for the next 10 mins.

Play the sport, or else you can't fathom what it's like. and playing with your friends in the park... doesn't count.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Yeah and i'd bet Russians would say KHL is better than NHL.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:43 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Actually played both, and i would have to say hockey was the toughest, by far !

I played hockey up to the University level with the Stingers and football at the highschool level ( and i was QB ).

Old
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaye View Post
lol ok obviously never played footbal, obviously don't enjoy watching it (probably never gave it a chance, that was my exact argument before i started watching NFL, and same argument my buddy has, but never watched NFL until this year, and he doesn't bash it anymore.. hmmm coincidence). Anyways never did i say: "If you want to watch real athletes [b]not those bums playing hockey[b] watch NFL". i was more comparing NFL with CFL, the same way you might compare NHL to KHL or eliteseeren. but yea thanks for the random hate

Old
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i generally can't stand the pace at which football is played. (read: not played) *yawn*. but i'll watch the last 5 minutes and read the articles in the paper...

and yeah, CFL is cool, but i can't take anything too seriously in an 8 team league. all i remember is always hearing about how terrible the als were in whatever given season. only to see them playing in the finals every year. how bad does a team have to suck to actually miss the playoffs? they couldn't miss them if they tried.

whatever, i'll ride the bandwagon this season, it's a comfy ride.

Old
10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
i generally can't stand the pace at which football is played. (read: not played) *yawn*. but i'll watch the last 5 minutes and read the articles in the paper...

and yeah, CFL is cool, but i can't take anything too seriously in an 8 team league. all i remember is always hearing about how terrible the als were in whatever given season. only to see them playing in the finals every year. how bad does a team have to suck to actually miss the playoffs? they couldn't miss them if they tried.

whatever, i'll ride the bandwagon this season, it's a comfy ride.
Kind of like the Impact no ? Seems to me they have done this a couple of times.

Old
10-25-2009, 02:26 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
college football OWNS the cfl

Closed Thread