HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Wings @ Preds l Gm.3 l Preds 3-1 l Wings Lead 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 05:38 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Scott Hartnell! Great pass by Hall.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:38 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
I disagree. I think this game was the Wings best game overall.
and there is lies the issue with this series

because we still sucked today

Old
04-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Islanders4Cups

Congratulations Nashville Predators on your first post-season victory ever.
Great job beating the Wings.

Go Preds Go!

Old
04-11-2004, 05:42 PM
mc

Send a message via AIM to mc
im still waiting for the Wings to put forth a complete effort. That being said, Id be shocked if the Wings didnt play their best game of the series tuesday night.
One thing id love to see is the Wings get an early goal and make Nashville play from behind from the start.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Steve L*

I have to say, I love the crowd there coming back with a chant straight after the Detroit goal, it kept the energy going. They were so into it unlike the Bolts crowd who thought they were at a funeral.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
Id have to Disagree. They might have had pressure on the preds, but pressure means nothing if you cant put it in. The preds did the same thing in the first 2 games and look where it got them. Manny let in some semi-weak goals, but then again he definitly kept us in it.

We definitly played good in the 3rd period. Lets hope in gm4 we dont see these horrible breaks like we did tonight for us.
I think it boils down to breaks. This game was exactly the same as the first 2 games. Except this time the breaks went the other way. I think the Wings outplayed the Preds for most of this game. Vokoun made some big saves, and the Wings didnt get the lucky bounce that they did in Game 2.

Pretty even series so far. Very exciting hockey.

Congrats to the Preds on their 1st ever postseason win.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
and there is lies the issue with this series

because we still sucked today

Other than the last 2 minutes of the 1st and the entire 2nd period (which the Preds stunk up the joint also), I thought the Wings had the Preds on their heels quite a bit. Not their best effort. But I thought they played well enough to win. Just a tweek here and there, and everything is fine. Whitney needed to bury his chance in the 3rd.

I dont think the Wings "stunk" though.

Old
04-11-2004, 06:07 PM
gnardini1998

Send a message via AIM to gnardini1998
Didn't get the breaks? Not taking care of their chances? Being stoned by the goalie? Anyone saying ANAHEIM? If the Wings think they will win just because they are the President Trophy winners they should just pack up right now. Right now this series is Nashville's to lose. Of course Nashville can give a HUGE assist to the TV scheduling. This also reminds me of the LA series 3 years ago; Wings up by 2 and never won again.

Old
04-11-2004, 06:34 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
If you ask me, the teams are playing pretty evenly. It can be argued that Nashville deserved a better fate in the first 2 games. I am not suprised at all that they won today.

I just want someone to give the boys some credit., they deserve it and never get it.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:08 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnardini1998
Right now this series is Nashville's to lose.
Hmmm ...

Old
04-11-2004, 07:23 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Didn't get the breaks? Not taking care of their chances? Being stoned by the goalie? Anyone saying ANAHEIM? If the Wings think they will win just because they are the President Trophy winners they should just pack up right now. Right now this series is Nashville's to lose. Of course Nashville can give a HUGE assist to the TV scheduling. This also reminds me of the LA series 3 years ago; Wings up by 2 and never won again.
Are we watching the same series? It'll be a close series, that's why it's the playoffs, but the Wings are getting breaks and chances, they just have to cut down on the defensive turn-overs (which has been a problem all season) and play a full 60 minutes.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Higgy4

Quote:

Nashville's to lose? The Wings are not up against a wall here. Its been a close series, but it isnt "Nashville's to lose".

Old
04-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
If you ask me, the teams are playing pretty evenly. It can be argued that Nashville deserved a better fate in the first 2 games. I am not suprised at all that they won today.

I just want someone to give the boys some credit., they deserve it and never get it.
I think the Preds have been getting pretty good credit on these boards since the series began. I havent seen anybody talking negative about them at all. I agree that the Preds probably deserved to win 1 of the 2 games in Detroit. But on the same token, I think the Wings may have deserved to win this one today. Tomas Vokoun stole one today. Which is exactly what the Wings did not want to see happen.

Good game...good series, so far.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Are we watching the same series? It'll be a close series, that's why it's the playoffs, but the Wings are getting breaks and chances, they just have to cut down on the defensive turn-overs (which has been a problem all season) and play a full 60 minutes.
I agree. The Wings are not playing thier best. But I dont think they are playing that bad either. Just a tweek here and there, and I think the Wings will get rolling. Whitney needs to bury one of his numerous glorious chances soon.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
I think the Preds have been getting pretty good credit on these boards since the series began. I havent seen anybody talking negative about them at all. I agree that the Preds probably deserved to win 1 of the 2 games in Detroit. But on the same token, I think the Wings may have deserved to win this one today. Tomas Vokoun stole one today. Which is exactly what the Wings did not want to see happen.

Good game...good series, so far.
Go to the Predators team MB or Letsgowings MB and see how much respect we are getting. The wings fans are trolling the Preds MB. Thank goodnees for classy fans like yourself . Good game today if not for the Johnson clear of the blue ice it's 2-2 and a new game.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
Go to the Predators team MB or Letsgowings MB and see how much respect we are getting. The wings fans are trolling the Preds MB. Thank goodnees for classy fans like yourself . Good game today if not for the Johnson clear of the blue ice it's 2-2 and a new game.

Letsgowings.com is the last place people should go for intelligent hockey talk. Alot of garbage is spewed on that board. I read and post on the Preds board on here, and I think its been pretty good natured talk between Wings and Preds fans so far. You will always have your trouble makers, but there doenst seem to be too much of that on here between the Preds and Wings fans. I think all of us have been pretty classy on both sides, for the most part.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:19 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestSen
Is this a sell-out? I had heard rumours that the game wouldn't be sold out, but it certainly looks like it is.
It was a sell-out within the first 2 hours that tickets went on sale. In addition, the Preds have soldout their last 7 or 8 weekend home games.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Letsgowings.com is the last place people should go for intelligent hockey talk. Alot of garbage is spewed on that board. I read and post on the Preds board on here, and I think its been pretty good natured talk between Wings and Preds fans so far. You will always have your trouble makers, but there doenst seem to be too much of that on here between the Preds and Wings fans. I think all of us have been pretty classy on both sides, for the most part.
Sorry for the confusion in my orginal post I was meaning the Team MB at www.nashvillepredators.com was being trolled not the one here. I wish the team would get a handle on it's posters on thier site. It's getting out of hand over there. Like I said you are a classy poster and I am glad that adults can have this type of talk without personal insults being thrown out. It's not like what gets posted here or on the team website affects the outcome of games or a series. I want to talk hockey not engage in insult fests.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
Sorry for the confusion in my orginal post I was meaning the Team MB at www.nashvillepredators.com was being trolled not the one here. I wish the team would get a handle on it's posters on thier site. It's getting out of hand over there. Like I said you are a classy poster and I am glad that adults can have this type of talk without personal insults being thrown out. It's not like what gets posted here or on the team website affects the outcome of games or a series. I want to talk hockey not engage in insult fests.

*I* don't even post over at the team MB anymore. the predators fans there are just as ignorant as all the trolls it gets. you can only take so much of, "WE SHOULD TRADE LEGWAND FOR JAROME IGINLA, CUZ LEGWAND SUX" and "WE'RE NOT GONNA WIN CUZ TOOTOO ISN'T ON THE FIRST LINE LIKE HE SHOULD BE" before you start to go crazy. it used to be tolerable, but that place is like the bandwagon magnet, and i just can't sift through all the silly drivel trying to find a few kernals of coherent thought.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:22 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

amen

Old
04-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

God, what a game. That was probably the most fun I have had in my entire life, at any event. Playoff hockey = 100000000 times better than regular season hockey. Was it just me, or was the GEC BUZZING tonight. THe atmosphere was absolutely insane!

I'm not much for commentary tonight, but I will say that I hope Sully is okay. He took a nasty slash there by Schneider and really limped off the ice. Hamhuis, also got hurt, but he came back the next shift and looked great. I've noticed throughout this year, that he has an amazing ability to fight through pain. He gets crushed, and bounces right back. This is a great sign for his career!

Oh, and the chant after the goal........I'm not sure you want to know what it is

http://www.geocities.com/mr_enoch57/index.html Click catfish! :lol

Last edited by Enoch: 04-11-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old
04-11-2004, 10:29 PM
MotownMadman

Well, I have to say that Nashville, besides looking quick and hungry, are looking more and more talented. Legwand, Ozargh and that puck handling by Erat make it look like Sullivan doesn't have as much pressure to be "the" man.

The Wings need to pick up their passing. Too many missed passes out there, not to mention Hatcher's pass to Hall for the first goal. Detroit also has to be meaner. We played nasty in '97 and '98 and with cheli, Schneider, Fish and Hatcher on the blueline, we have to make sure that Nashville pays a price every time they gain the zone.

I still am impressed by the play of Dats and Zetts. Hopefully they'll both be rewarded soon (a couple goals apiece in the next game would be nice!).

Old
04-11-2004, 11:37 PM
lux_interior

This series to me, of all the first round series, seems like the best one. It has the most energy, the most intensity, and excitement. It's David and Goliath.

Go Preds!

Old
04-12-2004, 01:56 AM
chuckie

Quote:
I disagree. I think this game was the Wings best game overall. They dominated 18 minutes of the 1st period. The 2nd was pretty uneventful. And the Wings controlled the play throughout the 3rd too.

Wings just didnt get the breaks that they got in the first 2 games.

I don't know what game or series your watching, but the wings look awful,nashville is so much faster, and the wings look tired and not interested in getting hit, that back to back scheduing really hurt the wings with their age factor.The wings are providing barely any forecheck and their defence is looking so slow.Lidsrom is having a quiet post season just like his regular season his standards anyway and what about shanahan, is he becoming a different player or what, even hatcher, i don't think he his 100% yet . I want the wings to win for my hockeypool but even if they get by nashville they will get their ***** kicked by colorado or dallas.I have to say though nashville is playing a great series ,with the talent and grit plus speed, it's nice to watch.........

Old
04-12-2004, 03:49 AM
Coffey77

Congrats to the Predators. Another very close game. Interesting plan they have with their aggressive forechecking (as opposed to Anaheim's counterattack strategy).

Wings played back to back games. I checked their record this season in back to back situations and they are only about .500 or so. They are MUCH better with at least a day of rest.

Wings really need to work on the power play. It sucks right now. Plus Hatcher needs to be moved off the power play. Either that or instead of playing the point, move him in front of the net a la Holmstrom. Finally, the Hull-Datsyuk-Zetterberg line is starting to work. Right now only 2 lines for Detroit are doing anything (Lang's and Draper's line).

For the Predators, they should keep with the gameplan and they should be ok (although right now detroit still has the edge in the series). They need to get Sullivan on whenever Hatcher is on. And get him away from Draper and Maltby.

Closed Thread