HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Canucks @ Flames l Gm.3 l Nucks 2-1 l Nucks Lead 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 03:30 AM
zoidberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
I said 'Flames Fan', not 'Androgynous Abomination'.
Ouch, my pride. Takes one to know one.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:33 AM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg
Ah man, now we're getting somewhere!

If only we can regress a little more, we can all lay around all day in diapers and get to suck on nipples.

Those days really weren't so bad you know...didn't even have to get up to go to the bathroom.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg
Hey Zoidturd, I slept with your woman! That's right, Peli's mother!

Old
04-12-2004, 03:38 AM
ohlund2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
Ah man, now we're getting somewhere!

If only we can regress a little more, we can all lay around all day in diapers and get to suck on nipples.

Those days really weren't so bad you know...didn't even have to get up to go to the bathroom.
I don't mind nipple-sucking...

Old
04-12-2004, 03:39 AM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlund2.2
I don't mind nipple-sucking...
That's what I'm saying!

Old
04-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface
I can't wait to hear what Canuck fans say about the hit. If that was one of their players, God knows they'd be
I love these ridiculous generalizations.

It should have been boarding, no doubt about it.

Iginla did get back at him though, and that's the way the NHL should be. Iginla takes exception, they have a little fight, nobody gets hurt, end of story.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Come back to Flames fans and talk about class after one of the Flames' breaks someone's neck, ok?
What does this have to do with ....

*sigh*

Old
04-12-2004, 04:13 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
What was the expression? "Welcome to playoff hockey"? This coming from the guy who was praising Hatcher for whacking Stevenson's knee with his stick a few days ago.

Just wondering how many of the people calling for Ohlund's head saw Gauthier put an *identical* hit on Jovanovski in Game 2? Same play, again no call. If anything blame the refs for calling all manners of ticky-tacky obstruction calls then turning a blind eye when a guy gets drilled from behind.
The losers and trolls were hiding under their usual rocks and bridges. Take about sad classly fans, back to the loch with those nessies.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:16 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface
Tell your friends about the Canucks winning one series in what 10 years?

Forget ancient history why not tell us about how many series the Avs have won in the last year?

Old
04-12-2004, 04:16 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruk14
Jeezuz Crist ... the word 'class' has to be the most overused one on these boards ... 'blank fans have no class' ... give it a rest already ...
I agree completely.

Just let it go for god's sakes.

"_____ fans have no class1"

"OMG, ___ fanz have no rigt to say taht, they have no class!"

"OMG, at least we don't ..."

"YEah? Well at least we don't ..."

Old
04-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
From the replay it looked like an adductor strain (or a groin pull) for Cloutier. But the Canucks will never release that information. Those can take awhile to heal. Good thing for the Canucks that Hedberg looked pretty good in this game.
He left on Crutches ... :\

Old
04-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie
And I better not hear Canucks fans complain about Minnesota (or any other team) sitting back and clogging up the neutral zone to protect a lead.
When the Canucks play like that for 90+ games, then you can make this comment. :mad:

Old
04-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Tough hard fought game out there tonight. Special teams again was the big difference. Flames just need to bear down and finish. After Cloutier left, the Flames could not get anything going. Having a different goalie come in in the middle of the game seemed to get them off their game. They could not sustain any pressure what so ever. Hedberg played the puck very well, and the Flames need to find a way to negate that because I doubt Cloutier will be back anytime soon. Looked like and ankle or knee that he injured. And kudos to Iginla for what he did at the end of the game. Contrary to what some are saying, that is the kind of thing a captain like Iggy can do. He was ticked off, and he did something about it. Sets a good tone for next game.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
04-12-2004, 11:12 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Calgary looked extremely disorganized on the attack in the later half of the game. And it didn't help that Conroy and Lydman missed big chunks of the game too.
What didn't help was Conroy was kicked out of a lot of draws.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Epoch

Don't worry, the Flames will win!

I still say Flames in 7!

Old
04-12-2004, 12:11 PM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
Tough hard fought game out there tonight. Special teams again was the big difference. Flames just need to bear down and finish. After Cloutier left, the Flames could not get anything going. Having a different goalie come in in the middle of the game seemed to get them off their game. They could not sustain any pressure what so ever. Hedberg played the puck very well, and the Flames need to find a way to negate that because I doubt Cloutier will be back anytime soon. Looked like and ankle or knee that he injured. And kudos to Iginla for what he did at the end of the game. Contrary to what some are saying, that is the kind of thing a captain like Iggy can do. He was ticked off, and he did something about it. Sets a good tone for next game.
exactly.

Dont think flames had an immediate plan for Hedberg when he took over and they didnt seem to adjust to Hedberg's puck handling ability.

I'm sure they will adjust just fine in game 4.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNucksFan
exactly.

Dont think flames had an immediate plan for Hedberg when he took over and they didnt seem to adjust to Hedberg's puck handling ability.

I'm sure they will adjust just fine in game 4.
Hmm...how do you figure? The Flames are almost solely a dump and chase team. A puckhandling goalie severely limits their options and hurts their primary game. I think they are going to continue to be vexed by Hedberg.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie
And I better not hear Canucks fans complain about Minnesota (or any other team) sitting back and clogging up the neutral zone to protect a lead.
The Canucks will play a 1-4 game when they have the lead in the playoffs.

Minnesota will play the trap all game long, whether they have the lead or not, in any game and every game.

Big difference.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:02 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
Hmm...how do you figure? The Flames are almost solely a dump and chase team. A puckhandling goalie severely limits their options and hurts their primary game. I think they are going to continue to be vexed by Hedberg.
hmmm sounds like the Flames better just give up then. If it's going to be that easy, maybe you guys should have just started Hedberg to begin with?

Old
04-12-2004, 02:39 PM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:
I figured based on the fact this is a playoff series. Flames is a hardworking team. Sutter is arguably one of the better coachs and he HAS TO come up with something, although I do not what.

If what you say is true, and I damn hope it is, Canucks should win easy in 5 then.

However, I just dont think they will go out easy, but with Cloutiers injury, I officially changes my prediction of Canucks in 7 to Canucks in 6.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Please.

Everytime Hedberg plays the puck, he shoots it to the same spot.

All the flames have to do is dump it in, go to the corner and wait for Hedberg to give them their present.

Hedberg is no Marty Turco.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
You are making the gross assumption that the Flames are unable/too stupid to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
The Canucks will play a 1-4 game when they have the lead in the playoffs.

Minnesota will play the trap all game long, whether they have the lead or not, in any game and every game.

Big difference.
Not really. If you are going to whine about the trap, dont play the trap. The situation is irrelevent.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:34 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
You are making the gross assumption that the Flames are unable/too stupid to adjust.

Not really. If you are going to whine about the trap, dont play the trap. The situation is irrelevent.
What are you talking about? The situation is very relevant, playing the trap for a period, is nothing compared to playing the trap for 3 full seasons.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:46 PM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
No, he is looking at the fact that the Flames, while playing a team with a strong puck handling goaltender, the Stars and Turco, were 0-3.

Certainly there were other factors to those losses, but the puck handling undeniably played a degree of a role in the results.

Of course, Hedberg is no Turco, but he still plays the puck fairly well, so that is where the logic comes in.

That is hardly a "gross assumption", nor does it assume the Flames are unable to adjust. It is a theory backed up by some history. I call that a decent argument.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:42 PM
quat
vapid but stately

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
Iginla didn't really do much, punching a guy in the chest isn't going to hurt him, but I certainly applaud Iginla's response to it.

That was a bad hit by Ohlund and should have been called for a penalty. I do not think its suspension bad, but certainly a call.

Two thumbs up for Iginla to respond the way he was taught to, and not spear or hack at Ohlund. Dumb for Iginla though to take himself out of the last 15 seconds of a 1 goal game, though.
After the missed boarding penalty Iginla actually rams his stick up between Ohlunds legs to start the fight.

I don't know why there are complaints about the officiating in this game... they are calling lot's of interference stuff which is good for hockey. The Morrison penalty at the end of the game had been called all game, so good for the refs to continue calling. It was a dumb penalty to take. Iginla has been running guys with questionable hits during this series, and a missed boarding call won't make me feel sorry for him, especially after how he and Simon crushed Salo. As others have pointed out, Jovo was the recipient of a similar hit as well. These hits should be called, but sometimes they get missed. It's POSSIBLE, that the ref who was right there for the hit may have felt Iginla put himself in harms way to intentionally draw a penalty, and that's why it wasn't called. I'm not saying this is the case, just a possible reason for it.

Anyhow, there have been many fans applauding the Flames tough physical (if at times dirty), game... so they should chill out when they end up on the receiving end of things.

Closed Thread