HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What Teams Need To Rebuild...

Old
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
HIPNOTIQ

vCash: 500
as a wild fan i honestly wouldnt mind if they cashed in and tanked the rest of the year. i think the wild could definitely use a player of taylor halls ability. bottom line we need people who can score and right now we dont have crap

HIPNOTIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 11:46 AM
TheFisherKing

I definately think toronto is in need of a retool, if not a full rebuild. We have some very nice pieces in place, but have far too many incumbents, who've just got used to losing. If BB is smart he trades stajan, stempniak, ponikarovsky, toskala, kaberle, and tries to find a new home for Blake, (though judging by his recent play, i think he's waiver wire bait). Hagman is another player who could be moved, but only at a steep cost. Basically clear out as much salary as possible, recoup some of our lost picks, sign a few college free agents, and make a decent run at marc savard or Patrick Marleau this offseason.

Bit off topic, but how would NJ feel about a deal of Kaberle, Stajan for Tedenby, 1st 10, Pandolfo? Fills your needs for a top pair PMD, and a solid 2nd line centre, we get a top winger prospect, and a pick which should be in the mid 20s.

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 01:49 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
If we can't move Harding this year, we either try to trade him for a pick or resign him and hope next year he does better than what he is showing already. There is no need trying to push a sale of him now when his return is so much lower than what we would of gotten last year. Antti is on a one-way so moving him to the minors isn't going to happen next year considering he is signed until 2011-2012. Do we have anyone on the wings we can bring up to replace right away anyways? We have a great checking line IMO now. We need to get a legit #2 center to actually field a line with Brunno/Nolan. Sheppard and Benny are not doing anything with it.

Off the top of my head: Sutton, Leopold (a player who wanted to come to Minny but we had already made committments oto other players that made it impossible to sign him for what he would make elsewhere), Kaberle if we make a trade with Toronto. So there are options there that are not in the $5M range.

Also, food for thought for all Wild fans out there for next year, Mark Parrish's buyout goes from $700K to $900K
You think Pylon Sutton is a #1 d-man? Jordan Leopold is a constantly injured #4. Trade for Kaberle? How do you expect to do that, give up Cuma + 2010 1st? That shatters an already abysmal prospect group. You seem to think the Wild can replace their #1 with a #4 and they will still be solid on the back-end. To add on top of that, I guess we're assuming our solid #5 Zidlicky is on his way out too, who would also be replaced by a lesser player.

Miettinen is only signed through next season, they can afford to buyout or bury in the minors for one season, this isn't Phoenix we're talking about. Yes, the Wild need a #2 center, but really they need 3 top-6 forwards for next season, one of which is a #2 center. Koivu, Bruno, Havlat, that's half of a top-6, but not a good line. Nolan will be gone, Kobasew is better suited on the 3rd line with Clutterbuck and Brodziak/Sheppard. Only way from the inside the Wild can strengthen that top-6 is if Bouchard gets dealt for an overpaid guy like Blake, or stays and decides to pull his head out of his azz, or if Pouliot steps up and shows what he is capable of, which it looked like he was starting to do before he was scratched last game for no fair reason.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
I think the Kings would be interested in Ryane Clowe, the Sharks need to shed his salary and he is replacable. Clowe for picks/prospects might be realistic during next summer.
sold!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 06:38 PM
solo16

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I'd trade Harding and Zidlicky and probably the 2nd round for this year to Detroit for Kronwall in a heartbeat!!

Minnesota would put anyone on the block with the exception of: Havlat, Koivu, Clutterbuck, and possibly Burns depending on what we could get in return with him.
Id consider Burns for Kronwall straight up. Lol

Detroit needs 1 True Sniper/shooting winger (could be second liner). Possibly a goalie. And needs someone like Burns or Paul Martin (steady semi defensive semi puck mover dman).

Filpulla, Kronwall, Lebda, Meech, Leino, are likely the only assets anywhere near the table.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
if SJ doesn't make it, empty the house?

Imagine what you could get prospect wise if you were to auction J-T, Heater, Boyle, Nabokov.

Wow.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

This is probably crazy but if Minnesota really wanted to blow the whole thing up, I think they could cut two years off of the rebuild if they were willing to part with their most key assets, namely Koivu, Burns and to a lesser extent Backstrom. Even Havlat could fetch something pretty good if traded at the right time.

Basically this is if at the deadline the Kings are well in the mix while The Wild are battling for the Taylor Hall pick...

How is this for value?

To Minnesota: 2010 1st rounder, Jonathan Bernier, Colton Teubert, Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez

To Los Angeles: Mikko Koivu

Minnesota gets a jumpstart on building from the back to front. It winds up being four mid/later-first rounders and a prospect. Depending on if Quick can keep things going, Bernier might wind up being swapped out with either Schenn or Hickey, depending on what we could spare and The Wild want, and tune the other parts a bit too.

Los Angeles can give up the two defensemen as we still would have Voynov and Hickey while we would need to move Lewis since there would be no more room at center when Koivu comes in. Stoll and Handzus could play together on the third line, making for a dangerous playoff line. At center we still have Schenn and Loktionov in the pipeline coming to take over for them.

Is this fair or overpayment? I think LA maybe overpays a bit but we would have the first two lines extremely solidified this way.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
This is probably crazy but if Minnesota really wanted to blow the whole thing up, I think they could cut two years off of the rebuild if they were willing to part with their most key assets, namely Koivu, Burns and to a lesser extent Backstrom. Even Havlat could fetch something pretty good if traded at the right time.

Basically this is if at the deadline the Kings are well in the mix while The Wild are battling for the Taylor Hall pick...

How is this for value?

To Minnesota: 2010 1st rounder, Jonathan Bernier, Colton Teubert, Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez

To Los Angeles: Mikko Koivu

Minnesota gets a jumpstart on building from the back to front. It winds up being four mid/later-first rounders and a prospect. Depending on if Quick can keep things going, Bernier might wind up being swapped out with either Schenn or Hickey, depending on what we could spare and The Wild want, and tune the other parts a bit too.

Los Angeles can give up the two defensemen as we still would have Voynov and Hickey while we would need to move Lewis since there would be no more room at center when Koivu comes in. Stoll and Handzus could play together on the third line, making for a dangerous playoff line. At center we still have Schenn and Loktionov in the pipeline coming to take over for them.

Is this fair or overpayment? I think LA maybe overpays a bit but we would have the first two lines extremely solidified this way.

- R
Koivu is our Kopitar, he is the building piece which this team will be built around. They won't trade him for any package that would be offered to them.

Burns on the other hand, I'd gladly move. Never been a big fan of his, for the right offer I'd definitely part with him.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Koivu is our Kopitar, he is the building piece which this team will be built around. They won't trade him for any package that would be offered to them.

Burns on the other hand, I'd gladly move. Never been a big fan of his, for the right offer I'd definitely part with him.
Fair enough...I figured I throw that out there since he's perfect for the Kings system, age, skill and character-wise.

- R

Old
10-27-2009, 03:12 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

We need center for the first line and maybe offensive defensman.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 03:30 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
We need center for the first line and maybe offensive defensman.
Well Minny has Burns...maybe Savard for the right package? What does Columbus have to offer other than future picks?

- R

Old
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Edmonton needs to rebuild the team core to the liking of our new coach and new GM.
They need to trade away the veterans from the cup run and get players that Quinn likes.. Players like Moreau, Staios, Pisani and Horcoff should be available to teams looking for some veteran help.

its not rebuilding the team... but rebuilding the core.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanYeWest View Post
if SJ doesn't make it, empty the house?

Imagine what you could get prospect wise if you were to auction J-T, Heater, Boyle, Nabokov.

Wow.
Talking about something that is that unlikely of happening makes absolutely no sense. If the Sharks somehow miss the playoffs, it will be because of major injuries to at least two of Thornton, Heatley, Marleau, Boyle, and Nabokov.

I guess if Philadelphia misses the playoffs, they will auction off Pronger, Richards, Hartnell, and company? Get real. After Dallas missed the playoffs in 2002, they traded Modano, Zubov, and Turco to...wait, they didn't. Good teams don't just blow up their core because they miss the playoffs one time. Besides, San Jose has a very small chance of missing the playoffs anyway.

Last edited by Blades of Glory: 10-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
You think Pylon Sutton is a #1 d-man? Jordan Leopold is a constantly injured #4. Trade for Kaberle? How do you expect to do that, give up Cuma + 2010 1st? That shatters an already abysmal prospect group. You seem to think the Wild can replace their #1 with a #4 and they will still be solid on the back-end. To add on top of that, I guess we're assuming our solid #5 Zidlicky is on his way out too, who would also be replaced by a lesser player.

Miettinen is only signed through next season, they can afford to buyout or bury in the minors for one season, this isn't Phoenix we're talking about. Yes, the Wild need a #2 center, but really they need 3 top-6 forwards for next season, one of which is a #2 center. Koivu, Bruno, Havlat, that's half of a top-6, but not a good line. Nolan will be gone, Kobasew is better suited on the 3rd line with Clutterbuck and Brodziak/Sheppard. Only way from the inside the Wild can strengthen that top-6 is if Bouchard gets dealt for an overpaid guy like Blake, or stays and decides to pull his head out of his azz, or if Pouliot steps up and shows what he is capable of, which it looked like he was starting to do before he was scratched last game for no fair reason.
Something is better than nothing at this point. But bringing up Cuma does remind me that we do have a very deep blue line in the farm systems. But regardless, Johnnson stays, it needs to be at a paycut. I'm sorry but $5M is too high for me. If it was $4M, I'd say hell yes.

And Bouchard, Sheppard, Pouliot, and Harding all need to go. I'm not impressed with Sheppard at all this season and that was him proclaiming he was going to fight his hardest to win games and win the #2 center spot outright. That hasn't happened. Benny...ya. Bouchard isn't even close to what this team needs and selling him off (hopefully) will help. However, we can't exactly buy out his contract either though. We lose $1M off the cap right off the back next year because we did that Parrish. Do we really wanna do that again with another player that will probably bring that up to close to $3M??

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Id consider Burns for Kronwall straight up. Lol

Detroit needs 1 True Sniper/shooting winger (could be second liner). Possibly a goalie. And needs someone like Burns or Paul Martin (steady semi defensive semi puck mover dman).

Filpulla, Kronwall, Lebda, Meech, Leino, are likely the only assets anywhere near the table.
Filpulla and Kronwall catch my eye the most. Its not that I wanna see us lose Burns because he is a great player and he loves the Twin Cities, but he is yet another player that needs to step it up out there and I haven't seen it. Kronwall brings the grit this team needs on a backline that lacks intensity IMO. Which is why I would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPNOTIQ View Post
as a wild fan i honestly wouldnt mind if they cashed in and tanked the rest of the year. i think the wild could definitely use a player of taylor halls ability. bottom line we need people who can score and right now we dont have crap
Its not that we don't have players who can score. In fact our Top 6, IMO, are the best we've had since Gaborik-Koivu-Demitra-Rolston-Bouchard-Brunette. The problem is they are not meshing at all the way they need to and I blame that on a lack of actually having a competent #2 center. We need intensity. its pretty sad that forechecking line of Clutterbuck-Brodziak-Kobasew is actually showing the most promise.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote