HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Fedor Tyutin

Old
10-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Happy Pony

vCash: 500
Fedor Tyutin

Discuss his season so far and what's ahead.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:16 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

He's been shockingly bad. Certainly not the player I remember from last year.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
He's been horrible in just about every game he's played, I guess the good thing is he can't get much worse.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:30 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Tyutin is having the best year ever so far.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Happy Pony

So tomorrow we'll do this with Umberger okay guys?

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
hockeyplyr814

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
He's been shockingly bad. Certainly not the player I remember from last year.
What did he do well last year? He still can't skate and always looks like he has no idea what is going on out there. He makes stupid passes, commits way too many turnovers, and his positioning is horrible. He has been the worst player on the team since the day he arrived.

hockeyplyr814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 09:13 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplyr814 View Post
He has been the worst player on the team since the day he arrived.
I hope that was some crazy, reverse-psychology-style superstition thing you were doing there.

If not, it's the single most ignorant comment I've read on these boards in 2009. Congrats.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
He has been the worst player on the team since the day he arrived.
What an asinine comment. Did you watch ANY of the games last year? Tyutin was our best defenseman besides maybe Hejda last year.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
eljefe72

He started out pretty slow last year, though I thought it was mostly due to new team growing pains. Maybe he starts slow every year.

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
I believe he single handily got the Jackets into the playoffs last year with a SO goal in Chicago.

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe72 View Post
He started out pretty slow last year, though I thought it was mostly due to new team growing pains. Maybe he starts slow every year.
Yeah I was unimpressed at the beginning of last year, but he was great for 3/4 of the season. He certainly wasn't the worst player on the team...I think we just have a troll problem.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht

I think Tyutin's been fine. Everybody wishes we had at least one super gifted defenceman that can be relied on to pile up the points every night....but we don't have that, so the guys we do have get **** on for not being Bobby Orr. (Now if they do something truly boneheaded, they definitely deserve the criticism... you know what I am saying )

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Casework

Tyutin is overall our best defenseman. I love what he brings.

Rough start to the season, sure, but I kind of get the feeling that Tyutin and Klesla are being put in these tough spots because they can handle it. Particularly with Hejda and Commodore out, even if they're getting beat and go -3 on the night, that's much less damaging for Tyutin than it would be for Methot or Russell and their confidence.

Tyutin (and Klesla) have had some really bad shifts, but I've noticed both of them coming right back out the next shift and looking awesome.

Remember, he's not even really in his prime yet.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

He's no Hainsey.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
hockeyplyr814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassard Calder View Post
What an asinine comment. Did you watch ANY of the games last year? Tyutin was our best defenseman besides maybe Hejda last year.
I watched just about every game last year, and I don't remember seeing him make a single quality defensive play. Sure he scores the occasional goal, but in the defensive zone, he is terrible. He makes bad passes, and is almost never in the right position. His skating is really bad, he cannot keep up with top level offensive players, and that is why he is so often responsible for goals against. Whether he is falling down, getting in the way, or having pucks bounce in off of him, its always some problem with his skating. His skating style is actually very similar to Adam Foote's, but Foote had a better sense for the game, and his positioning was always sound. Tyutin's feet are never set right and he's always getting turned around, which forces him to reach and fall off balance. I may have exaggerated by saying he is the worst player on the team, but he is the worst skater, and overall, in my opinion, the worst defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123
If not, it's the single most ignorant comment I've read on these boards in 2009. Congrats.
How was my comment ignorant? You may not agree with it, but is was by no means ignorant. I have watched just about every Blue Jackets game in the last few years, I played defense at a high level for a number of years, and have been coaching at a high level for awhile now. I know what I am taking about. I can look at a player and tell when they are not up to the level of their competition. I am not some idiot football fan turned hockey fan just because of the Blue Jackets who is spewing random misplaced hatred just to blame someone. I had high hopes for Tyutin when he came to the Blue Jackets, but soon realized that he is simply not very good. I did not say that you had to agree with my evaluation, nor even respect it, but to call it ignorant, is indeed, ignorant.

Last edited by hockeyplyr814: 10-25-2009 at 09:14 PM.
hockeyplyr814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 10:12 PM
double shift filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
Tyutin is overall our best defenseman.

double shift filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Who is better, DSF?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:13 AM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
troll festival in this thread

I might aswell join the party!!

But seriously Tyutin has done a good job, if not a great job for the CBJ last year. Look at where Zherdev is now

He will pick it up..good players always pick it up

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:07 AM
CBJmeser61

Quote:
I watched just about every game last year, and I don't remember seeing him make a single quality defensive play. Sure he scores the occasional goal, but in the defensive zone, he is terrible. He makes bad passes, and is almost never in the right position. His skating is really bad, he cannot keep up with top level offensive players, and that is why he is so often responsible for goals against. Whether he is falling down, getting in the way, or having pucks bounce in off of him, its always some problem with his skating. His skating style is actually very similar to Adam Foote's, but Foote had a better sense for the game, and his positioning was always sound. Tyutin's feet are never set right and he's always getting turned around, which forces him to reach and fall off balance. I may have exaggerated by saying he is the worst player on the team, but he is the worst skater, and overall, in my opinion, the worst defenseman.

How was my comment ignorant? You may not agree with it, but is was by no means ignorant. I have watched just about every Blue Jackets game in the last few years, I played defense at a high level for a number of years, and have been coaching at a high level for awhile now. I know what I am taking about. I can look at a player and tell when they are not up to the level of their competition. I am not some idiot football fan turned hockey fan just because of the Blue Jackets who is spewing random misplaced hatred just to blame someone. I had high hopes for Tyutin when he came to the Blue Jackets, but soon realized that he is simply not very good. I did not say that you had to agree with my evaluation, nor even respect it, but to call it ignorant, is indeed, ignorant.
If he is so bad at every aspect of playing the game of hockey. Why is he playing the most minutes per game on an NHL team? Just curious.

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
...I spend four days recuperating from a stomach bug and this is the quality of thread I've been missing in that time?

I find the theory that Tyutin has been worse than Christian Backman, Aaron Rome, and Clay Wilson to be an "interesting" one - and that's just the defense.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
He's average, not great but not bad. A #4 guy who can be beat by the more skilled forwards in the league.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...I spend four days recuperating from a stomach bug and this is the quality of thread I've been missing in that time?

I find the theory that Tyutin has been worse than Christian Backman, Aaron Rome, and Clay Wilson to be an "interesting" one - and that's just the defense.
Tyutin hasn't been as bad as people have made him out to be. Everyone has had there issues, but this thread seemed to be created to make him a whipping boy. Not surprising that a Mason thread popped up with the same type of lame post to start it. Not very constructive.

Tyutin needs to get back to his game. I didn't think he was all that bad last night.

But to say that's he's the worst player on the team since the day he's arrived? Yeah, well, others have addressed that. What's interesting is that when people make comments like that, they usually try and back it up by saying they have played or coached.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Skraut

Tyutin was rough at the start of last season.

He's not as bad as people are complaining about, but he isn't the player we saw the 2nd half of last season *yet*

I don't know if he's a slow starter, or doesn't have yet a partner he's comfortable with.

Hitch always liked him with Rusty, but I thought he always played better with Methot. (but what do I know)

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by double shift filatov View Post
Sorry but

I love that picture

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Raymones

I've watched all the Jackets games this season, but since I'm a "new" fan I'd like to ask your opinion on FT.

My opinion: Every game I get more and more annoyed with his play on the PP. It seems every time he gets the puck he shoots it, whether it is a good opportunity or not. He rarely hits the net, and the shots are often blocked leading to the puck being sent back to Mason. It seems to me that 30 seconds of every PP is wasted because of his bad shooting.

If he was your main PP guy the last couple of seasons I can see why you guys struggled in that department. I prefer all of Brassard, Strålman and Russell ahead of him.

IMO he doesnt have the composure or smartness or a good enough shot to lead the PP. But that's my opinion. What do you guys think?

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death previous seasons)

Last edited by Raymones: 10-30-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote