HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Fedor Tyutin

Old
10-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralldog View Post
I've watched all the Jackets games this season, but since I'm a "new" fan I'd like to ask your opinion on FT.

My opinion: Every game I get more and more annoyed with his play on the PP. It seems every time he gets the puck he shoots it, whether it is a good opportunity or not.
If he doesn't shoot it directly, he usually ends up shooting it anyhow picking a bad opportunity to do it, leading to him missing the net or the shot getting blocked and the puck sent back to Mason. It seems every PP he's on 30 seconds is wasted because of his bad shots.

If he was your main PP guy the last couple of seasons I can see why you guys struggled in that department. If prefer all of Brassard, Strålman and Russell ahead of him.

IMO he doesnt have the composure or smartness or a good enough shot to lead the PP. But that's my opinion. What do you guys think?

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death previous seasons)
See, you're right, but I think the problems are with Tyutin getting the time, not with his play.

He's limited offensively, but due to lack of better options/unwillingness to use other options, he's getting wayyyy to much time.

I really can't fault him for doing well in an area that he isn't really supposed to do well in.

(and as a side, I thought Tyutin played pretty well tonight)

11-01-2009, 10:52 AM
KayZee13

Toot did a great job in the Pens game! Was actually looking for him to score! He wanted it bad! Looked like he had alot of ice time in that game. Anyone have that?

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralldog View Post
My opinion: Every game I get more and more annoyed with his play on the PP. It seems every time he gets the puck he shoots it, whether it is a good opportunity or not. He rarely hits the net, and the shots are often blocked leading to the puck being sent back to Mason. It seems to me that 30 seconds of every PP is wasted because of his bad shooting.

IMO he doesnt have the composure or smartness or a good enough shot to lead the PP. But that's my opinion. What do you guys think?

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death previous seasons)
I don't get to quote myself too often but this time I deserve it..

Last night Fedor played really well on the PP throughout the whole game, that beautiful slap pass to Chimera being the icing on the cake.

Give it to me some more Fed! I've been a real bad boy!!

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
61ncville

Tyutin is awful

Someone explain to me or try and change my feelings towards this guy. He looks so lazy and half as..... out there it drives me crazy. Like last nights game for example, it was awful and his passing seems to be a joke. Just my opinon, I would like someone to help me understand how good he is and how wrong I am.

Discuss and GO JACKETS

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Heinze 57

vCash: 50
to be fair to Tyutin, everyone looked lazy half assed out there last night. They looked utterly disinterested in playing hockey last night. I kept changing the channel and checking back in and everytime there'd be a new goal on the board.

Heinze 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM
61ncville

I agreee they all looked dis interested last night, I am just pointing out that his play or lack there of has stood out more than some of the others. Maybe someone else couldve made the first mistake last night but it was tyutin that got the ball rolling with his lazy pass. And I have seen that from him alot this year.

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:32 AM
GoodVybes

Don't take this personally, but I love how after a complete team failure some people will pick one player to poop on. If you think -insert player name here- is awful, perhaps the best time to bring it up is not right after a beat down that that particular player was not specifically responsible for.

I am not saying Tyutin is good or bad, but he was just fine last year and has not been singled out this year until now.

GoodVybes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ncville View Post
Someone explain to me or try and change my feelings towards this guy. He looks so lazy and half as..... out there it drives me crazy. Like last nights game for example, it was awful and his passing seems to be a joke. Just my opinon, I would like someone to help me understand how good he is and how wrong I am.

Discuss and GO JACKETS
He hasn't been as strong as he was last year thats for sure. I truly thought with Tyutin and Rusty as our second pairing we would have a great defense. I t hasn't worked out that way this year (although Rusty is playing great). I guess if I am trying to make you understand how good he is, i would definitely say he is better then Methot and Strolman at this point but thats about it lol

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

With all due respect, there was already a Tyutin thread on the front page of the CBJ forum, found here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=696279

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
CapnCornelius

My opinion is that the defense is cheating. What do I mean by that? Well, we all hear about offensive players cheating and "floating". Defensive players can do something similar. It can happen a lot in a defense-first system and/or when defensemen don't trust their forwards to help on the backcheck. And what happens is that the defense plays softer in an effort to give up the big play, but the end result is that the opposing forwards have more room to work with.

Hitchcock even pointed this out last night. The defense isn't checking tight enough. And, I suspect (and will be watching more closely on this) but I don't think the forwards are helping enough on the back check.

One thing I've never liked about this system is that there is not enough physicality. Our defensemen seem to be told to play positionally instead of taking their shots when they can take an opposing forward completely out of a play with a check. You don't have to be like OKT and hit everything, but sometimes it makes strategic sense to finish a check. Tyutin, by all accounts, is someone who once excelled at this, but you rarely see it from him any more.

This team needs to get agressive and refocus on the transition part of the game instead of playing back on their heals. Then we will see if Tyutin still has it.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Tyutin's been our worst defenseman this season, can't clear the puck, can't make a pass, can't play his man, etc, etc.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVybes View Post
Don't take this personally, but I love how after a complete team failure some people will pick one player to poop on. If you think -insert player name here- is awful, perhaps the best time to bring it up is not right after a beat down that that particular player was not specifically responsible for.

I am not saying Tyutin is good or bad, but he was just fine last year and has not been singled out this year until now.
Agree with this. He was solid last year, and at times has looked pretty weak this year. But after last night's game, we could be making a thread about every single player.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:27 PM
BluejacketNut

Tyutin's passing last night was mite level at best. The first goal was pretty much his fault as he passed the puck right to the forwards skate which in turn went right to Datsuk (i think was the player). Now, if that was where he intended the pass the puck, then he's doing well, but considering its suppose to be on his stick, he pretty much sucked out loud last night.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Renion

I think--and have said--he's looked poor all season, so pardon me if I don't accept the "picking on a guy after a ****** loss" tag

He looked far more capable of jumping into the offense last season, which was one of the main reasons I liked him.

Simple fact is we have a soft defense and a soft top six. They always have been, but last season they made up for it by working hard in most of their games. That was how they won games. This season, I think I've seen one or two complete, hard-working games. Maybe Hitch needs to send a message by taking down that sign he has.

Tyutin had a slow start last season, but I don't think it lasted 17 games. Here's hopin' it doesn't last another 17.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

The bad pass was Novotny-esk. A pass under pressure right into the slot. Passes like that in the d-zone should never happen, and whenever we have a cross crease pass it makes me nervous. The pass was lazy, and he wasn't paying attention.

This is where board battles come into play, get the puck the hell out of the zone and let someone fight for it along the boards. Worst comes to worst, we get an icing call or someone gets a handle on it and can only dump it in, and the other team has to come back two-hundred feet while we get fresh legs on the ice.

Risking icing and another shot at getting it out on a face-off is always preferable to risking giving it up in the slot of your d-zone, IMO. The worst part is, is that when you give it up there, everyone has already jumped onto offense, so our forwards then have to skate all the way back to backcheck. No wonder we can't play sixty-minutes when we're skating twice as much as we need to.

Make the other team skate, IMO. Get the puck, dump it in, try to get possetion, if you don't get it in the offensive zone, get a handle on it and put it in the offensive zone again, much less skating on our part, much less chances on the other teams part, and they are the ones that have to skate back and forth. That's how this team is built: the north-south game. When we try to make quick passes and thread needles we turn it over, we're only playing half the ice, and it's the wrong half.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote