HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Players to Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2009, 05:23 PM
  #1
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire
 
BoldNewLettuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 50
Toronto Players to Carolina

We know paul likes harrison....a former marlie..(total speculation)

So....IF T-dot is selling....would Carolina be a likely destination for some of those who had success* under Paul Maurice?

Stajan, Ponikarovsky, Finger, Blake...etc.


*see "failure"

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:32 PM
  #2
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
We know paul likes harrison....a former marlie..(total speculation)

So....IF T-dot is selling....would Carolina be a likely destination for some of those who had success* under Paul Maurice?

Stajan, Ponikarovsky, Finger, Blake...etc.


*see "failure"
Finger never played under Maurice and Blake had a bad season under Maurice in the one season he played under Maurice. Nice try though

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
  #3
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Finger never played under Maurice and Blake had a bad season under Maurice in the one season he played under Maurice. Nice try though
didn't Stajan break out under RW? as in from 33 to 55 points?

Poni had 35 points with PM and 61 with RW. Where is this proof they'd rather play for PM?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 06:35 PM
  #4
My Sweet Shadow
Registered User
 
My Sweet Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
You'll some how need to re-acquire McCabe, Tucker, Battaglia, Kilger, and of course Jeff O'Neill for that theory to prove successful.

Poni was average, Stajan sub-par, Blake horrible, and Finger on Colorado/Albany.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
  #5
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire
 
BoldNewLettuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 50
I withdraw my question.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 07:44 PM
  #6
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?
 
NobodysFaulkButMine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, CAN
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Just so you know, although Maurice likes Harrison, most Canes fans don't and Maurice isn't exactly being viewed favorably by most. The Canes wouldn't be interested in any big cap hits (i.e. Blake, Finger) but guys like Poni and Stajan might be worth looking into. Then again, considering how low their selling value is right now, you don't want to hear what we think they're worth.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 10:53 PM
  #7
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait
 
imayagainknowanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 6,908
vCash: 500
I'd be extremelly happy with Ponikarovsky honestly. Underrated player. Stajan can be excellent #2 center but i'm not sure he's better player than Matt Cullen.

I'm for Pony.

imayagainknowanson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:32 AM
  #8
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
didn't Stajan break out under RW? as in from 33 to 55 points?

Poni had 35 points with PM and 61 with RW. Where is this proof they'd rather play for PM?
i think your asking the wrong guy. Stajan, Poni and Blake played better under RW then PM. I don't know why your asking me this stuff

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:41 AM
  #9
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
I'd be extremelly happy with Ponikarovsky honestly. Underrated player. Stajan can be excellent #2 center but i'm not sure he's better player than Matt Cullen.

I'm for Pony.
this could be done relatively cheap. What would you be willing to offer? Picks or prospects prefered.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:04 AM
  #10
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
this could be done relatively cheap. What would you be willing to offer? Picks or prospects prefered.
lol? Toronto isn't going firesale, lets not kid ourselves. If Poni is going, it'll be a package for a better player, or a swap for an equal one.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:24 AM
  #11
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
lol? Toronto isn't going firesale, lets not kid ourselves. If Poni is going, it'll be a package for a better player, or a swap for an equal one.
were did i say their going into fire sale. They need to make changes and they need to clear roster spots. The leafs need a first line center and we aren't getting one for Poni. The leafs need a #1 goalie and again we aren't getting one for Poni so the next best things are picks or prospects.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
  #12
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
were did i say their going into fire sale. They need to make changes and they need to clear roster spots. The leafs need a first line center and we aren't getting one for Poni. The leafs need a #1 goalie and again we aren't getting one for Poni so the next best things are picks or prospects.
Why would we trade one of our ONLY scorers for picks and prospects? Burke isn't going to do that. Without poni Leafs are in deeper *$*# than we're in now, especially if the return can't even play on the ice.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:48 PM
  #13
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Why would we trade one of our ONLY scorers for picks and prospects? Burke isn't going to do that. Without poni Leafs are in deeper *$*# than we're in now, especially if the return can't even play on the ice.
well let's see. He's a ufa at year end and do you see Burke re signing him? I sure don't. He one of few players that can return value on our team. Unless we want a lesser player or one that's a little overpaid our best bet is picks or prospects. We also have young guys that don't have a roster spot waiting to come up. i.e Tlusty, Hanson and Bozak so I'm sure we can make due without him.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 12:40 AM
  #14
Lexicon
Registered User
 
Lexicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: No clue
Country: United States
Posts: 8,202
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
We know paul likes harrison....a former marlie..(total speculation)
Oh god, I remember that.

Half the Leaf's board were convinced Harrison was giving Maurice sexual favours in return for playing time.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 01:12 AM
  #15
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?
 
NobodysFaulkButMine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, CAN
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Well for Poni, we'd need to get rid of Samsonov to bump Rod the Bod down to the third line. If we continue on this embarrassing start, older guys will become expendable to make a roster shift as soon as next season so guys like Walker, A. Ward, Cullen, Yelle all become expendable but Leafs aren't exactly a team looking for experienced guys.

To be honest, we have quite a few good prospects but they are only just that, prospects. Boychuk is the closest thing we have to the sure thing. That said, I think JR might trade one of our C or LW prospects but it's too early to say how guys like Bowman, Terry, Paradis, Dalpe, Lindstrom will work out and msot of them won't be traded away unless a defenseman is coming back the other way. To be honest, we're bad trading partners and as appealing as Stajan and Poni are, we don't want to risk our long-term plans by trading prospects when we're about to make a major roster shift.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.